Author Topic: Sound RIP request  (Read 1695 times)

Offline Anew9

• Cookies: 1
Sound RIP request
« on: October 09, 2009, 06:16:07 PM »
Hi guys.

I was wondering if someone could rip the sound of the shield hit in voyagers episode Fury. The sound from time index 1:13
&feature=related

AND the arm torpedo sound effect from 6:37. Thanks!

Offline Anew9

Re: Sound RIP request
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 12:17:13 AM »
It would be much appreciatied if someone could create a wav of the sounds that I requested (I obviously want to use the shield hit for the sfx shield hit in nanofx). If anybody could do this, or teach me how to do this; I would be very happy to oblige!

If anyone could do this, you could post it at bc files where everyone can enjoy them! Thanks!

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 02:50:25 AM »
Please use the edit feature rather than double posting. Plus, you need to give it some time.
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

Offline JamesTiberiusKirk

• Johnny Walker... one of my best friends! Cheers!
  • Cookies: 33
  • Cheers!
    • My Myspace Page ->
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 09:34:44 AM »
download No23 recorder and audacity, thats all you need to do it yourself

"And this... is... to go... even further beyond!"

Offline Anew9

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 10:50:21 PM »
Please use the edit feature rather than double posting. Plus, you need to give it some time.

Sorry, will do. I was just wondering if anybody had the time to do this for me since I dont know how to do it myself.

download No23 recorder and audacity, thats all you need to do it yourself

Im sorry, but I do not know how to use this software.

Im just wondering if anyone out there has the time to do these 2 things, could you please respond to this request? Thank you!

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 11:57:41 PM »
Audacity isnt that hard to figure out after playing with it for a little while...
sometimes you have to try to do it on your own, instead of asking someone else to do the work you, for a quicker result to that which you seek...

Offline Anew9

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2009, 01:24:42 PM »
Audacity isnt that hard to figure out after playing with it for a little while...
sometimes you have to try to do it on your own, instead of asking someone else to do the work you, for a quicker result to that which you seek...

So with Audacity, I can pull the sound out of the youtube video and turn it into a wav. for use in BC?

Offline Furyofaseraph

• The FoaS
  • Cookies: 49
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2009, 01:49:52 PM »

So with Audacity, I can pull the sound out of the youtube video and turn it into a wav. for use in BC?

Only one way to find out

"FoaSize (faux-uh-size): To seduce at an alarming rate with lots of blue and orange." ~ Firedrake

Offline Nx-809

• Cookies: 25
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2009, 02:00:01 PM »
this??

Offline Anew9

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2009, 05:41:51 PM »
Audacity is awesome. The only problem I have is converting the flv to wav using software that is free. Anybody recommend a software that is high quality converter of an flv to wav? The one I use can only convert 4 min leading to shit sound quality... anyone have anything better and FREE?

Offline JamesTiberiusKirk

• Johnny Walker... one of my best friends! Cheers!
  • Cookies: 33
  • Cheers!
    • My Myspace Page ->
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2009, 05:45:24 PM »
the no23 recorder is free, with that thing you can record any sound that is currently played on your computer. just set it to stereomix and record it. if you wish, you can cut it with audacity. thats very very simple

"And this... is... to go... even further beyond!"

Offline Anew9

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2009, 06:30:37 PM »
I couldn't find an english speaking no23 (it was all in german). Where can I download a english version?

Offline Nx-809

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2009, 08:15:46 AM »
I make voyager shield hit Tested in-game and work perfectly!! ;)

Offline Daystar70

• Cookies: 10
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2009, 10:37:05 AM »
Here is how i rip from FRAPS- go full screen and start recording the youtube. when done, click "open with windows moviemaker". Drag the vid down to the audio only part. save movie as whatever name. it is now in mp3 form. open it with Audacity and covert it to wave. Done.

Offline Anew9

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2009, 11:06:10 AM »

Sweet! My sound is kind of muffled because of my converter. Could I hear how yours sounds? I cant seem to get the background music out of mine. Im working on the arm torpedoes sfx and will overwrite the XO's red alert wav in bridge crew sounds so that when I go to red alert, you hear the torpedoes arm; its cool.

Offline teleguy

• Cookies: 53
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2009, 11:15:22 AM »
Umm, you only need Audacity set to stereomix to record any sound played on your PC. No extra software needed.

Offline Anew9

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2009, 11:27:29 AM »
Umm, you only need Audacity set to stereomix to record any sound played on your PC. No extra software needed.

No I do need other software to convert the flv. to wav. Audacity doesn't open flv or mpeg4 files (I just tried it). I use FLV converter to download youtube clips for editing, and its outputs dont include wav.

Offline Nx-809

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2009, 12:20:10 PM »

Sweet! My sound is kind of muffled because of my converter. Could I hear how yours sounds? I cant seem to get the background music out of mine. Im working on the arm torpedoes sfx and will overwrite the XO's red alert wav in bridge crew sounds so that when I go to red alert, you hear the torpedoes arm; its cool.

I use goldwave and nero wave editor! For rip sound i use star trek dvd with audio 5.1! I post voyager shield hit in the previous post for download and now torpedo arm!

Offline Anew9

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2009, 12:29:53 PM »

I use goldwave and nero wave editor! For rip sound i use star trek dvd with audio 5.1! I post voyager shield hit in the previous post for download and now torpedo arm!

Sweet arm torpedo sfx but I used mp3 to replace the XO's red alert mp3; but there is a problem... I get a static noise ingame! AND my shield hit sounds are not working (no sound). They are in wav format but they aint working. Ill post my arm torpedoes and shield hit sfx.

EDIT: Solved. I had it in 2 stereo and not mono.

Offline teleguy

• Cookies: 53
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2009, 12:49:42 PM »

No I do need other software to convert the flv. to wav. Audacity doesn't open flv or mpeg4 files (I just tried it). I use FLV converter to download youtube clips for editing, and its outputs dont include wav.

You don't have to convert it from flv to wav. You can play the clip on youtube and record the sound output with Audacity.

Anyway Super and XMedia Recode both can convert flv to wave.

Sweet arm torpedo sfx but I used mp3 to replace the XO's red alert mp3; but there is a problem... I get a static noise ingame! AND my shield hit sounds are not working (no sound). They are in wav format but they aint working. Ill post my arm torpedoes and shield hit sfx.

AFAIK the files need to have the same format, bitrate, length etc. as the stock game files. The easiest way to achive this would be to open the stock sound files and to paste your new sounds into there.