Author Topic: Type XI Cockpit Error  (Read 1206 times)

Offline Darkthorne

• Cookies: 5
Type XI Cockpit Error
« on: October 13, 2009, 10:04:47 PM »
I recently got and loaded the type XI cockpit by Blackrook and I have this unusual error (will supply pics if needed) all the crew are literally in diffrent places both felix and kiska are halfway out the cockpit. and miguel .... well I think hes inside a wall I just cant find him. 

Update... I found the problem but am unsure how to solve it... its the Cannon Crew fix mod.... when I disable it they move to where they should be... if anyone else has this issue please let me know, or if they know a better fix, I certainly would like to find a way to use both mods
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."
-Pulp Fiction

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
Re: Type XI Cockpit Error
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 10:27:54 PM »
there's allready been patches issued for a fix.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 10:49:57 PM »
can you provide a console report, these two mods are completely unrelated, I'm not sure how CCF could cause this error.

Offline teleguy

• Cookies: 53
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 02:55:04 PM »
I have the same problem. The console report comes up empty.

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 03:00:53 PM »
Don't you need BP Core Gold or something? I remember I had a similar problem with the Galaxy Gen Bridge ages ago and it sorted itself out when I got that.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline teleguy

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 03:39:31 PM »
I already reinstalled the bridge plugin but the problem is still there.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 04:08:40 PM »
as said earlier, the console report shows nothing...

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 04:24:15 PM »
did you delet the pyc, for t11kiska, t11brex, t11felix, t11miguel, t11saffi [see how that works]
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline teleguy

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 05:36:30 PM »
No change.

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2009, 05:39:11 PM »
No change.
aw shucks, I was sure, since one is in the patch dwnld, do you got WLM
mine is in my profile
HMM seems might be something impotant missing, my Install of it is fine, other than earlier statement [with the windows]
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2009, 06:09:18 PM »
form what i understand, no one else has reported these errors...
you guys do have BP Core installed, and have installed the patch for this mod?

in the meantime, ill alert BR and Rob Archer to this thread...

Offline Rob Archer

• Cookies: 545
  • New Frontier MKVI
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2009, 06:34:18 PM »
FYI: I'm not very well so bear with me..... also the reason I've been keeping a low profile the last week or so.

anyway, the problem is indeed an incompatibility between the Type11 Cockpit and the cannon Crew Fix for Bridge Plugin.

I'm not 100% sure why this incompatibility exists but i do have a fair idea, I'll talk to Blackrook and see about working out a permanent Fix.

For now if you can just disable the cannon crew fix as a temporary solution.

Offline Darkthorne

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2009, 07:38:06 PM »
Rob hope you get to be feeling better soon and thanks for the info on that  :dance

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."
-Pulp Fiction

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1077
    • Blackrook32's YouTube Channel
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2009, 08:18:56 PM »
I recently got and loaded the type XI cockpit by Blackrook and I have this unusual error (will supply pics if needed) all the crew are literally in diffrent places both felix and kiska are halfway out the cockpit. and miguel .... well I think hes inside a wall I just cant find him. 

Update... I found the problem but am unsure how to solve it... its the Cannon Crew fix mod.... when I disable it they move to where they should be... if anyone else has this issue please let me know, or if they know a better fix, I certainly would like to find a way to use both mods

As stated in the Readme file....

Notes:
===============================================================

This Modification has been tested with BC Patch v.1.1, DS9FX Xtended, Galaxy Charts v.2,
NanoFX2b, GravityFX, Bridge Core Plugin (Gold), EF2 Bridge Crew v.1.0. BCS-TNG: The
Beginning, QBAutostart v.9.1 & WalkFX.

These are the mods that were tested against The Type:XI Shuttle/Cockpit set.

If your using exotic old modifications like "Canon Crew fix mod"? I think it's safe to say that it's not compatible. If memory serves, that canon crew fix is highly unstable. That mod moves the bots positions around and alters the CommonAnimations.py.

BR32

" Fortune Favors the Bold "

Offline Darkthorne

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2009, 11:01:13 PM »
Actually the curent CCF was made or BP gold

http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Canon_Crew_Fix;64298

I dont know about the old one
-Pulp Fiction

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1077
    • Blackrook32's YouTube Channel
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2009, 12:46:18 AM »
Actually the curent CCF was made or BP gold

http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Canon_Crew_Fix;64298

I dont know about the old one

That's the same mod, and it's Outdated. Just had a flashback when we betatested it. Canon Crew Fix v.1.0 was supported by Bridge Plugin Core (2006) The old build. You might want to have a look at this...

http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Bridge_Plugin_Core;85205

Bridge Plugin Core (Gold) 2007 the latest build.

Here, let me add some perspective to this. Though I don't post often, especially here. I do actually know my way around scripts. The readme for the Type:XI was extremely "specific" as to what worked with the shuttle/cockpit set.

Regardless, "Crew Canon Fix v.1" is not supported by the Type:XI shuttle/cockpit set.

BR32

" Fortune Favors the Bold "