Author Topic: Star Trek: Daystar - Trailers and Updates  (Read 3503 times)

Offline Daystar70

• Cookies: 10
Re: Star Trek: Daystar - Trailers and Updates
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2009, 04:40:52 AM »
I'll do that- i am just starting 3d animation and modeling college degree program, i self taught over 5-6 years a lot but never built my own meshes, i created comic books and other things in Daz studio, poser and others, after time i decided i wanted to go to school for it and luckily the time is perfect to be 39 years old and willing to go back to school, so many grants its unreal for adult education in my state of Maine. So i will check the psd file and look closer i am curious to be able to catch that detail.

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2009, 04:47:13 AM »
I found 2 pages of my old star trek : avenger daz studio made comic it had an Akyazi TOS as main ship, the captain was a denzel washington lookalike.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2009, 04:57:10 PM »
I don't see the issues you speak of. But i don't have as much experience at creating models as you either, your eye is seeing something i don't see. But based on what ACES said, the only guess i can make is the method of how he made his name plates, if he used the rectangle took in photoshop vs the lasso or wand, the edges may have covered over original areas on the saucer or nacelles, and knowing poser as i do, you can explode a model and recompile it and add new verticles, or change it BUT i don't think aces did anything to touch those, he merely used an editing software to layer name plate changes on the old texture.

ACES- download google sketchup 6.0 it is free.. export the Akashi prop from Poser as a 3ds file since i know poser can do this,or as a wavefront obj file. Import it into sketchup, you can easily modify ,explode, strip away and add anything with amateur ease this way, but i am still hunting the non expensive (as in free) version of the plug in to export from sketchup to whatever (obj, 3ds,lwo,etc)

Just look at the area around the nacelle registry on the pix I posted vs. the ones he did. PLus, I have included the IDMap's psd texture in the download.

oops, I completely forgot that you included IDmaps, I had to make those from scratch.

I didn't change the ID groups at all, the one in the picture I posted earlier is the only one I changed the model of at all, I've noticed this same problem on your originals when I imported them too, it must have something to do with the the port over from NIF to OBJ.

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2009, 05:24:38 PM »
I found all kinds of Googled topics on NIF to  OBJ port troubles, it seems to be a common errror and something to do with the block format, did you use NIf scope to imporrt the OBJ file?

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2009, 05:38:18 PM »
yeah

Offline Adonis

• Ze Meister xP
  • Cookies: 84
  • Da Death Squad ???
    • Star Trek Excalibur
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2009, 08:23:31 PM »

Just look at the area around the nacelle registry on the pix I posted vs. the ones he did. PLus, I have included the IDMap's psd texture in the download.

oops, I completely forgot that you included IDmaps, I had to make those from scratch.

I didn't change the ID groups at all, the one in the picture I posted earlier is the only one I changed the model of at all, I've noticed this same problem on your originals when I imported them too, it must have something to do with the the port over from NIF to OBJ.

Dude, I always include the IDMap psds, heck you even have the entire thing for my Oberth, the IDMap psd on that one is the entire ships texture.
Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2009, 10:32:56 PM »
I found 2 pages of my old star trek : avenger daz studio made comic it had an Akyazi TOS as main ship, the captain was a denzel washington lookalike.

not bad, I have a comic of my own that I've been working on, although I haven't had time to do more than the first page.

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2009, 10:42:12 PM »
Looks potentialy good, i would suggest changing balloon word style to less robotic ones, its almost like being monotone, also consider using the "cartoon render shader" option in poser, not the standard ones, inonce did a wild west comic using that ooption and people raved about it, 3d looks/...3d and doesnt make for good comic books IMO unless you alter the Rendering results to cell shading, then it gives it "life" or more style. but yiur panel layout looks good so far.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2009, 11:09:25 PM »
yeah, this was the first draft, I just used the stock Photoshop talk bubbles, and I'm not a fan of Poser's toon shaders, they don't always look right.

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2009, 11:15:15 PM »
The Lighting is the key to the toon shaders. you need to use less lights maybe 2-3, try it, yoiu mak be quite shocked at how cool it can look.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2009, 11:41:38 PM »
this always seems to happen:

I set her to have white skin and red hair.

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2009, 12:08:12 AM »
yes its the lighting you chose, the position u angle the light alter it with 2 simple distance lights and rotate where it shines

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2009, 05:07:50 PM »
I don't think that helps, in this one the light is almost directly behind the camera, I'm going to ask on DAZ3D and see if anyone can help there.

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2009, 10:44:30 PM »

Balloon words substitute for lack of my voice actors being available since i did this on a whim.

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2009, 12:57:47 PM »

newest

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2009, 05:28:14 AM »
OOOps i shouldvbe put it here ill do so and Jimmy can delete other one sorry !!!

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2009, 01:26:54 PM »
Opinion for any- In this Altered timeline, The "classic connie" exists side to side to the JJ connie, one is a wartime experiment refit, i had the idea of calling it an "Abrahms" class as a slight joke and to differentiate the two..any thoughts?

Also the reason you see marine activity in new opener is this will not be Trek "told traditionally" i see it as a hybrid of the style of Space:above and beyond, meets Ds9 (darker trek) meets voyager( lost in time vs space), the out of tradition will also be that Daystar is seldom alone, like any war realism, it will have a signature and detailed "taskforce" that it groups with, the Uss Midway, The TOS akira Uss Alliance, The uss Constitution (connie classic), the JJ version Miranda Uss Saratoga, and possibly others, i also plan to have the XINDI eventually ally to the feds and send insectoid and amphibian warships from the expanse to help us, the war is based on the way the starfleet battles old game/prime directive escalated, super powers allying like a world war 2 style scale, The Tholians are the main cause of the trouble and attack randomly with no clear "side"-

The Federation/Xindi, in season 1, vs Klingon/Romulans, as things heat up the Gorn have to choose sides, and we face a "pale moonlight"style side choosing tip of balance, i will be bringing in some original aliens to, and some twists, this has a bigger picture to the story its not just a war/fight/halo  type series, theres a larger chess like game at stake, and no "reset"buttons will be cheaply applied to the endings of any story arcs, the series may quantum leap style change enviroments ala time eras later when The Tholians cause and effects are "figured out" but if i change time eras most likely were looking at a leap to maybe w2ay way ahead like, 33rd or 44th century, were feds are non existent due to a civil war (i firmly believe no organisation as grand and idealistic as UFP can last more than 1,000 years at best, space is to big, it would take BILLIONS of starships to maintain one government of such scale across a galaxy,and the chances of maintaining a stable one uber goverment is utterly preposterous.)

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2009, 01:37:20 PM »
nice joke, that. Abrams class *chuckle*

you may wanna throw in the Kzinti.  an unusual twist I read states that the Kzin may actually be the felionoid member of the Xindi, exiled at some point for some sort of screwup.  that'd throw another wild card it.

also, what form of the Gorn do you intend to use?  the "tosk" gorn (original rubber suit), or the Tyranno Gorn (in a mirror darkly's CG)  the Tholians also have a new form coutesy of "iaMD", though I've seen them depicted in comics as a humanoid type as well.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2009, 01:48:20 PM »
OMG funny! the kzinti were my enemies in old trek comic i did ill post pics later.

scroll way down to 2 pics of old comic, yuoull read how theyre fighting the Kzinti
i have for my program i use, a draconian lookian race i am using for the gorn,im gonna say theyre one of a few varients of the race

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2009, 03:37:33 PM »
one of Diane Carey's novels added a variant as well. a ruddy race that could speak Basic.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet