Author Topic: USS Sulu  (Read 1040 times)

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
USS Sulu
« on: October 19, 2009, 01:17:38 PM »
this idea was invoked by Baz.

Most of the OS characters have a Starship named after them in mods.  someone's missing, though.  Hikaru Sulu.  so, I've decided to skin a ship for his sake.
one thing I need, however, is a ship to skin that won't require major texture repair for creating a scratch registry.  i have P81's excelsior, but the textures are intimidating.  I also need a proper "color" to use that will acknowlege Sulu and George Takei without being offensive.  no, no rainbows (it's allready been done).
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
Re: USS Sulu
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 01:56:29 PM »
First piece of advice is: Don't use p81's Excelsior. There are far better models out there.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 05:45:38 PM »
P81's is the one I was talking about that would be too hard to repair.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
USS Sulu, another model Idea
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 02:26:01 PM »
i was going over the models i DO have, and I think I might have found a way to do this tribute.
I also have Starforce's Enterprise B, and I believe that would be a lot easier to edit than the original P81.  who does those textures, anyways?
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 05:04:23 PM »
usually a thread made in this forum actually has a picture of some sort being posted in the first post :P

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 12:28:54 PM »
okay, finally.

these looke a lot more garish in the MPE

OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 12:32:38 PM »
I think some might find yellow offensive.

Shuold've stuck with rainbows. xD
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 12:56:40 PM »
why do you think I haven't made this permanenet?  i was actually thinking Imperial yellow (the color used by asian royals), but, other than red (weddings), and Plain white (mourning), there's few colors you automatically associate with anywhere in asia.  any suggestions, people?
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline candle_86

• Cookies: 2
  • Position Gamma Hydra sector 10
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 01:56:41 PM »
First piece of advice is: Don't use p81's Excelsior. There are far better models out there.

i wouldnt say its a bad model though, P81 had skill and alot of it, that ship dates back to 2000 if i remember correctly for SFC. I still use it myself as i love his work

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2009, 10:13:25 AM »
On a suggestion from Baz, I have attempted a new color set.  here is the new scheme.

I have the registry number for the ship as well  NCC-20437.  once the colors are approved, I will go ahead and do the registry, wich will be a bigger challenge

note to Starforce: you forgot to put any speculars with this.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline Hellsgate

• Administrator, "Star Trek: New Worlds"
    • =^=Star Trek: New Worlds=^=
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2009, 11:43:23 PM »
For the TNG/Titan-era, I'd love to see rengers' Ecclipse-Class being dubbed the U.S.S. Sulu, (in Trek Lit submitted-to/published by Pocket Books or on a Graphic Novel cover from someone @ Wild Storm.) 
If At First You Don't Succeed, So Much For Skydiving.

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2009, 11:46:05 PM »
You mean "DJ Curtis" not "rengers."
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Hellsgate

• =^=Star Trek: New Worlds=^=
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2009, 03:40:08 PM »
Right. DJ Curtis. My bad. I apologize.
If At First You Don't Succeed, So Much For Skydiving.

Offline Maxloef

• STBC Aftermath Co Founder
  • Cookies: 61
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2009, 01:23:29 PM »
On a suggestion from Baz, I have attempted a new color set.  here is the new scheme.

I have the registry number for the ship as well  NCC-20437.  once the colors are approved, I will go ahead and do the registry, wich will be a bigger challenge

note to Starforce: you forgot to put any speculars with this.

why chnage the colours? blue was fine? ships dont get diferent colours cause of their registry...

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2009, 01:28:38 PM »
1. the model I used had allready been recolored once.  badly. the Type Two excelsiors should be teal colored.  this one had been dyed the same Ink Blue as the type one excel
2. I didn't have the werewithal to create a scratch ship at the time
3. needed the Practice.

I've since dropped the idea, as I agree with Hellsgate that it needs a scratch ship.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read