Author Topic: Looking for a certain ship from Legacy  (Read 1405 times)

Offline Daystar70

• Cookies: 10
Looking for a certain ship from Legacy
« on: October 23, 2009, 07:55:48 PM »
Is there under a different name, a BC version of the Yorktown class battleship from Legacy? i love that design was looking for it but coming up empty

Micus27

Re: Looking for a certain ship from Legacy
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 09:12:06 PM »
I can unstand why you would want the Yorktown class, but to the best of my knowledge it is not yet DL'able for BC.
Maybe you could get the rights and make a conversion/have a coversion made. 
OR make a new one from scratch.

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 09:35:26 PM »
LOL i made a bet with my friend someone would say " you can make it yourself" ROFL not to be rude, but if i was going to make it myself i would not look for one :) i have never converted one yet or tried to rig anything for BC not that i wont try one day, but i was looking for it for a use in my series and rather than trial and error to create one i was wondering if i just was not finding it ive noticed many times, the class name has changed when converted over from another game. DJs raptor has a lot of similarities to the Yorktown in the upper wings which is cool. if only it had TOS nacelles it could pass for a Yorktown with some minor retextures.

Offline Shino Tenshi

• NG|mods Founder
  • Cookies: 23
  • Aw, man...
    • NG|mods website
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 06:27:59 AM »
Just wait for tjoz and his team to bring it over to BC.

http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,6024.0.html
 ;)

Offline Maxloef

• STBC Aftermath Co Founder
  • Cookies: 61
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 07:01:52 AM »
yeah shinos s right me and tjoz will get it ingame ;) ive already ahd it ingame but its not releaed yet ;)

if you wnt i could give you an early copy sometime in the future ;)

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 08:20:35 AM »
Very cool i see the Proxima, love that ship. I started texturing some TOS ships including the Jj connie in Black textures to play woith i know now my series ship will have a black hull, my fellows on my series team all cast their desire to be "different" and get away from dull standard fed hull colorings, black covert ops idea starship, i tried it on the Nx FEARLESS and it came out not bad so far, i may end up using the JJ connie black hulled as my ship. I was playing Legacy in campaign mode for giggles today was bored had never done that, and got to the mission where you defend vulcan station from roimulans, and i had purchased a Yorktown, and fell in love with the old girl. The wings or whatever one calls the support struts for the nacells, had a similar X type that DJ curtis's Raptor has i think its pretty cool.

Offline Nx-809

• Cookies: 25
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009, 10:19:03 AM »
Yorktown class from stock legacy or chris jones Ultimate universe version?
If it from stock legacy i have this ship converted for bc (model only).
If you're interested I can send via e-mail but is only for your private use for don't ruin the work they are doing the team aftermat;)

i post a picture

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2009, 11:04:53 AM »
Stock version and that would be awesome if u did. I use the ships for my Mechanima series and have been testing which Ship is going to be the Series ship, Although Yorktown is "technically" an ENt era ship, it can still be used as a TOS era vessel (hell excelsior class has been around over 79-89 years).

Well if its just a model and not Hardpointed/Bc ready it's okay i will skip it, i'm filtering through ships to use i have a lot of crap im trying to deal with with school and many other things, and i'm not trying to sound lazy, but i am not interested at this time in figuring out the assignment of Hardpoints and dealing with trials and errors associated with getting it to work in BC, its a low priority as there are plenty of alt ships me and the rest of my team are debating with, such as my black textured version of NX Fearless and the JJ constitution. I will be happy to use the Proxima and other models seen earlier in that pack of conversions coming for later use when the series launches and more ships of TOS era would be good to fill in the backgrounds.

Modify- Just re read what you said- so if its model only in BC no hardpoint it just mean it cant fire or take damage? can it move? or os it like a prop more or less. i could always put damage textures on it and make it a derelict found out in space if need be i suppose

Offline Maxloef

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2009, 12:17:44 PM »
Yorktown class from stock legacy or chris jones Ultimate universe version?
If it from stock legacy i have this ship converted for bc (model only).
If you're interested I can send via e-mail but is only for your private use for don't ruin the work they are doing the team aftermat;)

i post a picture

well it better be stock caue UUM version is made by me and noone is allowed to port it but me =P

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2009, 01:18:32 PM »
actually i do have Ultimate universe installed, i dunno which version i was using lol

Offline Nx-809

• Cookies: 25
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2009, 02:40:53 PM »
Stock version and that would be awesome if u did. I use the ships for my Mechanima series and have been testing which Ship is going to be the Series ship, Although Yorktown is "technically" an ENt era ship, it can still be used as a TOS era vessel (hell excelsior class has been around over 79-89 years).

Well if its just a model and not Hardpointed/Bc ready it's okay i will skip it, i'm filtering through ships to use i have a lot of crap im trying to deal with with school and many other things, and i'm not trying to sound lazy, but i am not interested at this time in figuring out the assignment of Hardpoints and dealing with trials and errors associated with getting it to work in BC, its a low priority as there are plenty of alt ships me and the rest of my team are debating with, such as my black textured version of NX Fearless and the JJ constitution. I will be happy to use the Proxima and other models seen earlier in that pack of conversions coming for later use when the series launches and more ships of TOS era would be good to fill in the backgrounds.

Modify- Just re read what you said- so if its model only in BC no hardpoint it just mean it cant fire or take damage? can it move? or os it like a prop more or less. i could always put damage textures on it and make it a derelict found out in space if need be i suppose

The model work in bc! The only thing is to create the script and the Hardpoint!

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2009, 03:10:18 PM »
Looks Sweet :) But i have no clue hoe to create scripts and hardpoints, i tried messing with Bcut i cant even get the stupid hardpoints to modify on exisying ones right let alone make fresh ones. I'm Retarded that way. And right now trying to learn it is not on my list of priorrities my heads not in the zone for being patient lately barely able to do homework on time for college, I know if i was able to focus( adhd very bad i have,adderal helps but i have very selective Hyper focusing, if som ething interestss me i can focus awesome to learn it, but im just not excited about learning how to hardpoint and scripting is like chinese to me, i know generally what does what but with the free time i have i dont feel like "trying" to learn how rightnow, it would require frustration along the way of trying it i will tackle that stuff maybe next year summertime again, is my guess.)

Offline Maxloef

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2009, 03:40:24 PM »
Wait for the ENt aftermath pack and youl have All legacy ent ships and LOTS more ;) try the current version out im sure youll like it :)

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-aftermath-bc-version

heres also some previews of whats to come ;)

Offline Lionus

• Cookies: 79
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2009, 03:24:06 PM »
 :eek that's one helluva force field in the second picture.  :D how's the warpcore holding together?  :funny
Star Trek Quad-nacelle fanboy Extraordinaire

StarFleet Research and Development Crash Test Dummie/Test pilot

"Beyond the rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me."

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2009, 03:55:17 PM »
Think about this fact also- Ship "Designs" in Trek are a shell- often we see popular models being used still 80-100 years later. Look at the Bird of prey- Excelsior- Miranda- It stands to reason any of these ships would still be in service in TOS era after the ENT era has passed. This logic gives them multible use.

Offline deadthunder2_0

• Cookies: 39
  • Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel
    • Modders of Steel Home page
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2009, 09:35:33 AM »
here i'll take it and balance it for a modded install (lc's nx pack)

Im not the best hardpointer but i'll try.
just an alternitive to the aftermath for people with modded installs
Support the Post TNG Ship Pack

Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel,
We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel