Author Topic: Dalek's WIP's - Something new and pretty...  (Read 3098 times)

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
Dalek's WIP's - Something new and pretty...
« on: October 25, 2009, 01:01:42 PM »
"And so it begins" as a certain Vorlon once said.

I have begun (under the tutorship of limey) to model! :D My first project is the EAS Hyperion Class from Babylon 5.

Renders attached. :)

PS. 22 polies in just under 4 hours! xD
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Lionus

• Cookies: 79
Re: Dalek's WIP - EAS Hyperion
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 01:48:00 PM »
 :eek :dance once this one is done, will there be Big Minbar ships in the horizon? :angel :D
Star Trek Quad-nacelle fanboy Extraordinaire

StarFleet Research and Development Crash Test Dummie/Test pilot

"Beyond the rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me."

Offline Dalek

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 01:51:02 PM »
Well, hopefully one day I'll be that good. For now...boxes. :P
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Lionus

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 02:59:44 PM »
I wish I could do boxes too.  :( Oh well, once my job contract ends, i will have time to start training  :funny Good luck, and godspeed with this design.

My love
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me."

Offline Dalek

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 08:54:39 AM »
Update. Chamfering applied.

Edit: Moar Updatez.

- Lorien

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 02:32:13 PM »
Cool stuff, Dalek. :]

Make sure that when you chamfer, you weld the vertexes of any resulting connecting edges. Otherwise you could have a problem later on. Been there, done that, wasn't pretty. xD I say this because I see your chamfering has resulted in two edges coming together at their ends. I can supply you with a pic if you'd like.

Good work so far buddy.

Offline Dalek

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 02:38:51 PM »
I'm remoddeling the blue and red sections into one whole section (oddly enough its purple) because it seems a lot easier.

Could you possibly point out the weird-chamfered-connecty areas? Modelling-eejit mode is active lol.

- Lorien

Offline limey BSc.

• JL Studios - Co-Founder
  • Cookies: 421
  • JL Studios - Co-Founder
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2009, 02:50:02 PM »
Could you possibly point out the weird-chamfered-connecty areas? Modelling-eejit mode is active lol.

He means here :P

As for those, when while modelling (I think probably while chamfering) some crazy crap happened with the mesh and I figured it was easier to fix than try to (ineptly) explain how to fix it, and during that, I did weld said verts together.
MUSE!!!

Offline Dalek

Re: Dalek's WIP's - Babylon 5 Stuff
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 12:44:28 PM »
Taking a break from the Hyperion, decided to make something a bit more simple. A Jumpgate! :P

Unfortunately, it's getting a bit on the high poly side, but I'll make it anyway :).

- Lorien

Offline Dalek

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 02:16:41 PM »
Finished thing and it's stupidly high poly.

- Lorien

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 03:10:08 PM »
That it may be, but it does look sweet!

Offline Dalek

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2009, 03:25:13 PM »
I think I may have to increase the size of the solar panels a little...and also de-polify pretty much everything. xD

- Lorien

Offline Aeries

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2009, 03:37:22 PM »
I think I may have to increase the size of the solar panels a little...and also de-polify pretty much everything. xD

it looks good... what IS the poly count anyway?

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2009, 04:44:00 PM »
you probably cut polys, by making the purpleish bars one bar, instead of the goldish thing in the middle.
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline Dalek

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2009, 05:01:19 PM »
I had done that the first time round and it still wasn't enough. It was a loooong way off.

But thanks to the magical powers of limey, I have a 16k poly Jumpgate. :D

- Lorien

Offline Aeries

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2009, 09:08:49 PM »
If it isn't for BC, you can afford to add in some extra detailing. If it's done right, you won't even be looking at a large poly increase. [for example, my bridge is only about 150k, with modeled details rather than textures and bump maps/speculars.. that's also including corridors and another room I've been working on.]

Offline MarkyD

• Cookies: 627
  • "A mesh comes together!"
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2009, 09:33:23 AM »
Good stuff mate, good to see your talents stretch into modelling.

Offline Dalek

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2009, 02:32:09 PM »
Vree Xorr Vessel. Nice and easy, will probably redo the majority of it but at the minute it sits just under 3k polies. :)

- Lorien

Offline Dalek

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2009, 10:33:21 AM »
Long time no post. :)

- Lorien

Offline Lionus

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2009, 04:44:20 PM »
looking good.  :)

My love
I know