Author Topic: Dalek's WIP's - Something new and pretty...  (Read 3111 times)

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
Re: Dalek's WIP's - Something new and pretty...
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2010, 06:08:12 PM »
Soooort of. Another pic. Filename gives it away. :)
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2010, 06:15:41 PM »
whatsss vuTARDIS precioussss, whatsss vuTARDIS ???

Offline Dalek

« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2010, 06:25:53 PM »
Its my way of simply not calling it TARDIS. I thought my design looked vaguely Voyager (central/below column) but also had elements of a modern University. V + U = VU + TARDIS = vuTARDIS. :P
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline limey BSc.

• JL Studios - Co-Founder
  • Cookies: 421
  • JL Studios - Co-Founder
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2010, 06:37:27 PM »
but also had elements of a modern University.

Surely more like a very very old university? Looks more to me like something from Kings College, Cambridge than, say, Salford.

But whichever, it looks awesome :D It does need some walls though :P
MUSE!!!

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2010, 06:37:56 PM »
 :hithead: messa so dumb, messa dunno what's TRADIS :funny ok enough of that crap :hithead: never seen original but yours look great and yes it indeed looked like Voyager engineering ;)

Offline Dalek

« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2010, 06:47:35 PM »
It does need some walls though :P

Yes yes yes, mibbe later. :P

never seen original

Well, depends on your defitinion of "original". There are many many designs, all canon and official. :)

- Lorien

Offline Dalek

« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2010, 06:42:23 PM »
Added a monitor and segmenting the console. :)

- Lorien

Offline baz1701

• Cookies: 1434
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2010, 10:45:02 AM »
Well when the 5th Doctor met the 10th in Time Crash (children in need special) he mentioned the 10th Doctor had changed the screen saver to coral so I'd call this one post modern?

I'm assuming the tardis interior will change under the 11th doctor as the control room was wrecked during the re-gen.

Any way great job, you skills are growing young one.
Whatever knocks us back, can only make us stronger.

Offline Dalek

« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2010, 03:08:31 PM »
The Console is slowly building up. :) Awesome keyboard was made by limey who copied it from Tony Starks keyboard. :P

- Lorien

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2010, 04:21:54 PM »
i DARE someone to make a Console Room for Bridge Commander use!  :evil:
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2010, 06:33:10 PM »
I dare you.

Nice work Dalek, although the console looks kind of out of place right now.

Offline Dalek

« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2010, 06:37:36 PM »
Yeah, it is a little, might remake the base to conform to the shape of the keyboard itself.

- Lorien

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2010, 10:44:49 AM »
hmm...give me a mite, and i might.
(brits, correct me)
we don't know what Doctor 2's is, however...most of series 2 was erased in recycling efforts by the BBC (videotape being horribly expensive, then)

i've only seen the pilot ("An Uneathly Child") for series one
series three would be sparse (that's when the Doctor was Grounded)
Series 4/5/6 i could probably do (anybody feel like the Tom Baker alternate console room?)
i've seen only 5 eps of series 7
USDM series 8 movie doesn't count
9/10 are based on 8, and are way out of the league of anybody here

OS novel fan

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Dalek

« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2010, 11:30:46 AM »
I'm assuming by "series" you mean "Doctor" because there are 30 series' (the upcoming series is no. 31).

we don't know what Doctor 2's is, however...most of series 2 was erased in recycling efforts by the BBC (videotape being horribly expensive, then)

Nope, wasn't about price. It was about space. They had whole rooms of old tapes lying around so they got rid of them to make for newer stuff. From clips I have seen the 2nd Doctors TARDIS was just the 1st Doctors TARDIS and only gets a real change by the time Pertwee came along (Troughton commenting in The Three Doctors", "Ooh, I like what you've done with the place.")

3rd Doctors TARDIS stayed relatively the same till The Five Doctors in which a much more hi-tech console was introduced (5th Doctor) which stayed the same through to the end of the series in 1986 (7th Doctor).

USDM series 8 movie doesn't count

Yes it does. If the 8th Doctor was included in the info stamp shown in The Next Doctor, then that effectively makes any televised 8th Doctor apperances accurate. Also, the Master says in "The Sound of Drums" that the Time Lords resurrected him from The Eye of Harmony which is how the Master died in the Movie.

9/10 are based on 8, and are way out of the league of anybody here

Not necessarily. I've seen a 9/10 Doctor TARDIS interior which looks relatively low poly out there on the interwebs. I'll try and find it.

- Lorien

Offline Dalek

« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2010, 06:29:09 PM »
Update. :)

- Lorien

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2010, 07:30:22 AM »
I tend to lump the doctors by incarnations and consider THAT the "series".  i assumed that poor Paul McGan(sp) is considered Dis-Continuity by Purist Whovians just because it was made here in the states.

I figure the 4/5/6 console room would be the simplest to do.  also, I seem to remember the riser before "tristan"/wierdo was a different configuration.  anybody got a pic? (yes, I've seen "all creatures"...wish I'd taped a couple)
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline Darran

• Cookies: 19
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2010, 11:50:55 AM »
This is rather reminicent of the animated "Scream of the Shalka" Tardis, you know the one that starred Richard E Grant as the 9th Doctor and Derek Jacobi as the robotic version of the Master (Jacobi would infact go on to play the Master in the revived series epidsoe Utopia) it also features a bit part voice appearance from the future Doctor, David Tennant. Still this is very very cool