Author Topic: ID4 2. Oh Really? Four X-men movies in our near future? Ya Really.  (Read 1667 times)

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Re: ID4 2. Oh Really? Four X-men movies in our near future? Ya Really.
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2009, 05:58:23 PM »
There are ways to write him alive.

Read: Forgot that part, the whole him dying and all. :P

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2009, 07:14:05 PM »
I could care less about Wolverine 2 or First Class or Magneto.  But Deadpool done right...that would be entertaining.

ID4?  Why?  It makes no sense to do a sequel.  The aliens were destroyed.  Period.  They mention that the aliens move from planet to planet, annihilating everything.  That means there's no homeworld, so the aliens are gone.  What's the point of a second movie?

And Dalek, how is the alternate reality not a correct way to "reboot" the series?  It makes perfect sense scientifically and within Star Trek canon.

actually in the books, some aliens escape from the city destroyer and attack on the ground.

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2009, 07:58:54 PM »
I've heard about that SG Movie sequel I thought that thing already got the green light....

Considering the fact that ID4 originally started out as a SG sequel, can't you just be happy with what is avaliable?

I don't see how a sequel to ID4 would be any good, as is the case with most sequels, it would never live upto the original film.
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2009, 10:01:06 AM »
Most, not all.

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Phaser

• Star Trek Canon Authority
  • Cookies: 231
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2009, 10:05:41 PM »
Considering the fact that ID4 originally started out as a SG sequel
Wait, what?

Offline Daystar70

• Cookies: 10
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2009, 07:56:12 AM »
Yes but at least they explained "why" it was different, even if it wasn't correct or popular.

Um..okay for the record? Will you JJ Trek Nay sayers SPEAK FACTS not fantasy if your going to have a negative opinion about something like this? Saying "it's not popular" is hardly credible, guys, this was the most succesful star trek film, it has been hailed as a great FILM not JUST a trek film, your "popular" poll is like, maybe 0.4% of the population of the world that SAW this film..Trekkies/Trekkers whatever, as a fanbase DO NOT own the rights to be the "census" of wether this is film or its storyline was "popular", because it was an absolute breakaway HIT financially and critically across the world. When the DVD comes out, expect record sales. The voices and opinions of "people" not just us "Trekkers" Cry with a ROAR over the "meow" of the Trekker community, I'm sorry for ranting but i think the words "GET OVER IT!" have never applied so powerfully.

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2009, 09:51:21 AM »
Considering the fact that ID4 originally started out as a SG sequel
Wait, what?

Devlin and Emmerich have both said in an interview or on some website (can't find link right now) that the idea for ID4 originally started out as a sequel to Stargate, but was rewritten for one reason or another.
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline martyr

• Cookies: 4
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2009, 11:35:51 AM »
kind of makes sense