Author Topic: Bussard waffling  (Read 811 times)

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
Bussard waffling
« on: October 26, 2009, 11:43:28 AM »
the Arcangel is ready to go, but I have a little problem...

I'm trying to decide on a basic Bussard colo(u)r, but nothing really looks right.  I also need a pattern for the bussard that I can pull off myself.

I have three basic colors here.

other colour suggestions (besides the usual red) would also be helpfull.  Opinions please.

two at a time, because it has trouble with more than that while posting.

top: Original Amber
bottom: Vaser purple.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
Re: Bussard waffling
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 12:02:06 PM »
What program are you using to edit the textures?
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 01:45:34 PM »
Paintshop Pro 7.02

Part two

green (suggested by Baz)
blue

note, I've figured out Registry spots, and have added them to the Arcangel (visible in the blue-tip version)
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 01:55:56 PM »
The blue looks cool but kinda solid. Does that need "waffling" then?
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 04:12:51 PM »
blimey, i caused a barney.... :funny

waffle as in undecided and stalling.  but I do need a texture for em.  I'm trying to decide on the actuall colour first.  the last time i tried to make "purple" glows, i was informed they were pink! :P

OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline baz1701

• Cookies: 1434
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 04:49:55 PM »
agreed the blue work as a base colour
Whatever knocks us back, can only make us stronger.

Offline Biggins

• Cookies: 2
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 05:44:52 AM »
I'm with baz, use the blue.
"You treat her like a lady, and she'll always bring you home."

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 09:07:59 AM »
colour is now officially set.
I was playing with various patterns last night to acheive the same serendipitous goof that gave my the cool Bussard under-layer that I can't seem to sneak in.  unfortunatel, a lot of what I try tends to change it from the blue you see in the pics to a blinding Cyan (which i absolutely HATE).  I'm gonna have to do some tweaks.  I'm gonna try posting a series of samples as well.

note,  this will be retrofitted to the Gabriel, as it has a new Hardpoint, anyway

Edit:  here are a couple samples.  the second would be hard to pull off on the Gabriel, as it was all barrel rolled

OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 03:50:10 PM »
waffle as in undecided and stalling.

Damn, that's a horrible trick to play on a man! Naming a thread after food... *emo teardrop* I WANT WAFFLES NOOOOOWWWWW!!! D':

...anyways...

Go with Red. Always looked good on the connies. :]

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 04:37:41 PM »
*chuckle* this is another species (or, group species) that has captured and refit some derelicts (many Dades and Connies are considered Lost), so they're using their own pallet for refitting.

also, as you can see in the blue tip, I now have registry spots.  however, I'm tempted to put in a glow strip at the edge of the Bridge module so it looks right.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read