Author Topic: Nebula V3  (Read 5044 times)

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1797
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
Nebula V3
« on: January 08, 2007, 03:14:10 PM »
I am waiting on a couple of things before attacking the intrepid - in the mean time I decided to bring the nebula bridge up to scratch.

I would like to take this opertunity to congratulate Captain Elgy on a superb set of LCARs for this bridge, he has saved me alot of time - and done an awesome job at the same time.

Now for changes:

• Resized Ops and Conn
  • Remapped all LCARs
  • Replaced all LCARs
  • Captains Chair arms no longer mapped to the same texture as helm pillars
  • Retextured pretty much the entire bridge
  • added LMs to the side doors
  • Sorted out status panels (which will hopefully use BP Map Swapping)

AndrewJ

Re: Nebula V3
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 03:38:09 PM »
Looks awesome some more textures on the back of the consoles in the final shot perhaps but those lcars are the sex.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 04:31:38 PM »
awesome!!

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 04:54:12 PM »
OH goody , a new bridge :D
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline MickJo

• Cookies: 7
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 04:56:01 PM »
cool, i was wondering when something would start up.

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 05:24:10 PM »
While it does look freaking awesome there was always one thing that bugged me about the present version on bcfiles.com

It is partially noclipped. Meaning that if you use WalkFX to get off the captains chair and 'walk' to the MSD display, you would not have an 'up the steps behind the chair' effect so it essentially looked like you were crawling like a baby. Will this be fixed for this version?

I was hoping that the Intrepid Bridge v3 was going to be the next bridge released but this one will also have my download.

All we need now is the Scimitar bridge. I know we probably wont get a Scimitar bridge but would be cool if you did it as a secret project like with your secret Galor bridge that you told no-one about before releasing it.

My fingers are now very tired :mrgreen:
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 05:32:32 PM »
It is partially noclipped. Meaning that if you use WalkFX to get off the captains chair and 'walk' to the MSD display, you would not have an 'up the steps behind the chair' effect so it essentially looked like you were crawling like a baby. Will this be fixed for this version?

I dont see why that is as i dont see the floor extending under the steps, but if that is the case im afraid it wont be fixed.. too busy to be cutting up floors im afraid.

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 06:49:24 PM »

I dont see why that is as i dont see the floor extending under the steps, but if that is the case im afraid it wont be fixed.. too busy to be cutting up floors im afraid.

Shame. Ah well, still looks fraking awesome Mark.

Offline ModderMan

• Freaky Old School
  • Cookies: 2
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 09:27:42 PM »
Been waiting for a good Nebula Bridge :)

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2007, 07:43:31 AM »
Shame. Ah well, still looks fraking awesome Mark.

I will have to check tho, i swear when i was testing it was working ok

edit: ok so thats definatly got a clip problem, ill check the mesh and see what a job it would be

Offline Glenn

• Starfleet Command
  • Cookies: 190
  • Captain - USS Explorer
    • Captain Elgy's Star Trek Files
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2007, 02:03:54 PM »
I would like to take this opertunity to congratulate Captain Elgy on a superb set of LCARs for this bridge, he has saved me alot of time - and done an awesome job at the same time.

You're welcome Mark, and weldone to yourself on the bridge colour and textures. I especially like the lightmaps around the doors and on the bridge floor, I could never get the shadow depth quite right with my textures.

Regardless, this is easy on the eye, and it looks like a canon Starfleet Bridge!!  8)

Here's my formula for a BC Bridge!!

Nice Textures + Canon Starfleet Look = GREAT BRIDGE!!  :D

AndrewJ

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2007, 03:15:17 PM »
Sorry to chirp on but in the 3rd image the back of the consoles looks untextured too me.

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2007, 04:34:17 PM »
Basically that part is mapped on the Y axis, which means all details are on the sides and not the front, since the front has nothing on it it shouldnt be a problem.

The front is still the correct colour etc so im not sure why it should be a problem

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2007, 07:52:04 PM »
yes, and it looks like you fixed the light fixtures in the back too.

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2007, 12:40:11 PM »
Hi guys - can some of you try out this nebula bridge? i think its ready but i need to know of any issues (other then felix's animations going thru the console some times)

NOTE: IF YOU HAVE NEBULA BRIDGE V1 OR V2 INSTALLED YOU MUST DELETE FILES WITHIN 'data\Models\Sets\nebulabridge' BEFORE INSTALLATION.

Thanks

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2007, 02:21:21 PM »
I got a copy Mark, lettin you know

nebule bridge v3
I had to restart the game twice , first time I was bounced out to desktop
  (sometimes that needs to be done, espacially if there is an Old pyc file
   laying around gives the game engine a chance to overwrite the OLD pyc)
        didn't know which one to delete

all in all it looks very well, not taking into account the bugs you know aboutal-ready
 it looks very well in game
I have been on the bridge twice, no conflicts with the ability to fire, no conflicts with giving commands to crew (menus are fine)
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2007, 05:56:59 PM »
wow this bridge is beautiful!!!!  i absolutely love it!!  :)

there were a few slight things tho; they are barely even worth mentioning (compared to all the improvements) and it's prolly something that has always been as such and i never really noticed and may be unable to be "fixed"...  i didnt grab screenshots, altho i can if youd like...

the walkfx still has issues, as far as behind the captain's chair you're at knee-level with everyone...
i noticed that the bridge will sometimes spawn the same extra character, as tho there are twins on the bridge... 
the rear doors split down the middle, it seems maybe they look like they would open from one side to the other like on the defiant bridge?
when i look down while sitting in the captains chair, it seems i might be a touch too far back...
sometimes the characters (i noticed Kiska, MIguel and the extra to the left of the captain chair, near Brex) will miss the consoles in their animations when they are "typing" at their consoles...
when hitting f2, the camera looks over at felix, which is fine - but sometimes when youre manually firing while on the bridge, it's seems more useful to have the viewscreen centered...
i changed the code for my own install in the NebFelix py
Code: [Select]
pNebFelix.SetLookAtAdj(1, 0, 75)
these are really deep nitpicks, and i personally am fine with them...  but figured i should throw them out there anyway...  and im sure you know of them...  please dont kill me :)  *ducks and runs*

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2007, 07:36:51 PM »
i noticed that the bridge will sometimes spawn the same extra character, as tho there are twins on the bridge... 
actually, i just realised this is something that always was, so ignore that point...
the rear doors split down the middle, it seems maybe they look like they would open from one side to the other like on the defiant bridge?
same there
when i look down while sitting in the captains chair, it seems i might be a touch too far back...
same there
actually, just ignore my posts altogether lol   :idiot :v:

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2007, 08:23:26 PM »
actually, i just realised this is something that always was, so ignore that point...
same there
same there
actually, just ignore my posts altogether lol   :idiot :v:

Except the WalkFX part LOL

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2007, 05:26:40 AM »
i think this is a 200% improvement over the old bridge - if i was working on a new set then i would make sure walkfx worked - but this is an old set thats been given a make over so I am not going to worry about those details too much, Im going to move on to the intrepid while im still fresh.