Author Topic: What Trek episodes/scenes would you like to see remastered?  (Read 1054 times)

Offline Erk

• never forget the name... Enterprise
  • Cookies: 5
  • Enterprise: boldness or readiness in undertaking
What Trek episodes/scenes would you like to see remastered?
« on: October 29, 2009, 03:39:09 PM »
Ever since TOS was remastered, Ive been wondering what TNG would be like with modern CG effects. Then after watching the new Star Trek movie, I thought of some episodes that could be re-done very well.

1st- Yesterdays Enterprise: The first thing that bothered me was the BoP that attack... with its wings in cruise mode. Plus the ship was too small. The thing that really bothered me with this episode was the lack of offense from the Enterprise-D. Imagine seeing the Ent-D actually firing phasers consistently, hitting and missing the K'Vorts. Then imagine her actually taking battle damage. I dont, I think a lot could be done to enhance this already amazing episode.

2nd- Best of Both Worlds pt II: Im focusing mostly on the part where the Enterprise flies into the debris field at Wolf 359. After watching Star Trek XI, I thought itd be cool to have a scene like that. Watching the Ent-D navigate through that debris would be awesome!

So my question to you is, from any Trek series/movies, what would you like to see re-done?

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
Re: What Trek episodes/scenes would you like to see remastered?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 03:41:37 PM »
I think this thread would be better off somewhere in here...http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php/board,41.0.html

To be ontopic, I love the idea of a remastered TNG. Scene I'd like to see remastered would be in "Redemption" and the fleet blockade.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Erk

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 03:44:15 PM »
haha wow your right. i hit the wrong discussion completely! Is it possible to move this thread to trek discussion?

And Dalek, yea Redemption would be awesome. We could possibly see all 22 ships in Picards fleet.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 06:43:00 PM »
personally, just restore the damn thing. the last time I saw a repeat of Next G, it looked so SENILE from use...
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 09:35:17 PM »
I'd love to see TNG's Borg episodes redone. They may not be able to make the drones look as good as they did in First Contact and Voyager, but they can at least re-do the Cube, battle scenes, and the drones shields (when they adapt).

How cool would it be to see the Enterprise actually try to make an escape from the Cube in Q Who, showing the Cube's port opening an the Enterprise turning around and making a run for it? Blasting the tractor emitters with the aft phasers...

Ahh, the possibilities...  :D

Offline KrrKs

• Cookies: 25
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 07:35:53 AM »
Also Reunification. And the other Episodes where we see Warbirds firing.

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 07:32:16 PM »
I'd prefer a proper HD remaster of TMP. The one I have (which includes the other 5 movies on DVD) has a lot of frames where one side is nice and sharp where it's been remastered. But on the other side of the frame it's just as blurry as before. 
I clearly remember the scene where spock comes onto the bridge for the first time. kirk gets out of his chair and gawks at spock. Everything on the right of the screen (in front from kirks view point) is nice and sharp but on the left (behind kirk) it's incredibly blurry. Really really poor job of that one I'd say!
Plus it isn't even the directors cut with the CGI vger. I was devastated as I've never ever seen this directors cut version of TMP. And I paid ?40 for the box!

TWOK could do with a nice remaster. I can imagine what they could do with good cgi too! And just picture the destruction of the ent in TSFS if it were in HD!
ST4 would be cool, but I'm not sure you'd need much cgi there! What about redoing the SFX of ST5? might improve the film slightly.. But TUC would be far more deserving of proper CGI and a HD remaster.

But at the end of the day, I'd like to see EVERYTHING remastered in HD :D
I miss :bigdance:

Offline Vanguard

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 07:48:04 PM »
In Yesterdays Enterprise the ENT D was being attacked by Kvorts, not BOPS =P

As for scenes, personally I would like to see the episode 'The Wounded' re-done, so you can actually see the Phoenix destroying the Cardassians, rather than just blobs on a screen exploding. I would also like to see DS9 - What You leave Behind redone so that it doesn't use so much stock footage from the previous season.

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 08:36:16 PM »
Plus it isn't even the directors cut with the CGI vger. I was devastated as I've never ever seen this directors cut version of TMP. And I paid ?40 for the box!

Are you talking about the Blu-Ray boxset? If so, then you aren't missing much.

This is the one I have (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Trek-Film-Collection-DVD/dp/B000B64VK8/ref=sr_1_37?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1256949716&sr=1-37) which is all 10 movies in their special editions phase.

This includes the directors cut of ST1, which has the CGI V'ger, which, doesn't look all that impressive to be honest. Theres no CGI Enterprise in these editions either (from what I remember, been a while since I watched them).

If anything, I'd liked to see all the 'black cardboard' that was used to cover up unintential reflections of the filming crew in the first season of TNG to be digitally removed as it is painfully obvious when played on TV.

I also wouldn't mind seeing all exterior shots in TNG to be digitally remastered with CGI. That way, the model of the Enterprise-D wouldn't suddenly change from looking one way to looking another way in these shots since it would be just one CGI model used through-out. Same with all other exterior ship shots.

Other then that, if it isn't broke, don't fix it.  :)
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline Erk

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 09:38:28 PM »
In Yesterdays Enterprise the ENT D was being attacked by Kvorts, not BOPS =P

yea, i was talking about the first battle that killed Captain Garret. It was identified as a Bird of Prey, but the wings were up. Then later 3 K'vorts attacked the Ent-D

Id also like to see Darmok fixed. They fire phasers out of the torpedo bay!?

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 09:43:14 PM »
I'm with Billz on the exterior scenes...I'd like to see it done in CGI...and at least make it look like the 4' model
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2009, 03:48:54 PM »

Are you talking about the Blu-Ray boxset? If so, then you aren't missing much.

This is the one I have (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Trek-Film-Collection-DVD/dp/B000B64VK8/ref=sr_1_37?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1256949716&sr=1-37) which is all 10 movies in their special editions phase.

This includes the directors cut of ST1, which has the CGI V'ger, which, doesn't look all that impressive to be honest. Theres no CGI Enterprise in these editions either (from what I remember, been a while since I watched them).

Nope. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Trek-Original-Picture-Collection/dp/B001S3GDTA/ref=pd_cp_d_h__0
That boxset with the first 6 on DVD.

Offline Senator

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 226
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2009, 11:43:18 AM »
None of them. I want to see new ones.

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2009, 12:41:00 PM »
None of them. I want to see new ones.

That'd be nice.

Offline Lionus

• Cookies: 79
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2009, 03:20:25 PM »
"Peak Performance" and whatever was the name of the episode where Picard was reunited with USS Stargazer..
Star Trek Quad-nacelle fanboy Extraordinaire

StarFleet Research and Development Crash Test Dummie/Test pilot

"Beyond the rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me."

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2009, 03:35:41 PM »
you mean "the battle". Peak performance was where riker was given the hathaway, some crew and 48 hours to prepare for battle against the enterprise.

Offline Daystar70

• Cookies: 10
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2009, 03:10:45 PM »
The simulation of Kobayashi maru in TWOK. It wasn't fun. they took like, two hits from klingon torpedoes before being fried. They obviously would not domuch to the bridge scenes but they could show exterior scenes of the SIM and show a more realistic attempt of klingons pounding on Enterprise with more than that before taking her down.