Author Topic: Captain Kirk waxwork unveiled  (Read 896 times)

Offline genty

• Cookies: 19
Captain Kirk waxwork unveiled
« on: November 05, 2009, 10:28:24 AM »
I just noticed this while browsing the net, it was put up less than 2 hours ago so I don't know if anyones seen it. A waxwork of Kirk in movie uniform was unveiled at Madame Tussaurds by William Shatner, don't know when it was done though. There is a video on the page which shows it being unveiled.
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20091105/video/vhd-madame-tussauds-unveil-star-trek-leg-686f718.html

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
Re: Captain Kirk waxwork unveiled
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 11:32:38 AM »
human wax figures are disturbing...

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 11:34:38 AM »
Indeed they are...and are they always made deliberately taller than the actual person?
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Erk

• never forget the name... Enterprise
  • Cookies: 5
  • Enterprise: boldness or readiness in undertaking
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 01:12:02 PM »
Indeed they are...and are they always made deliberately taller than the actual person?

not sure really, i know that William Shatner has shrunk in height.. which comes with age.  But maybe they try immortalize these people and make them look "larger than life"

Offline martyr

• Cookies: 4
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 01:58:28 PM »
kirk is wearing thick soled shoes

Offline undedavenger

• It's simple. I reek of awesomeness, and you don't.
  • Cookies: 14
    • Official Star Trek Century Myspace!
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 09:41:53 AM »
That is AWESOME. I love wax figures. For a sec when I saw the thread title, I figured automatically that they made a Chris Pine version. Good to see somebody appreciating the REAL Captain Kirk.
"Books are not canon, only what you see on screen. Yes, even the horrible Voyager episode where they go past warp 10 and have crazy lizard babies."

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 10:28:22 PM »
Ehh...all I could think when I saw the pics of this was "There's no room anywhere in the galaxy that can hold the egos of William Shatner and James T. Kirk for any amount of time."

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Phaser

• Star Trek Canon Authority
  • Cookies: 231
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 09:38:16 PM »
Wow.  That is an impressible wax figure!  I've never seen shots of a wax figure that look that life-like.  I found it very cool that they had Mr. Shatner unveil it (though perhaps that's the usual custom).

Offline candle_86

• Cookies: 2
  • Position Gamma Hydra sector 10
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2009, 07:17:50 PM »
Awesome though why did they mention TMP thats quite clearly the Wrath of Khan. Reason is Kirks hair and the Bridge and uniform arnt worn and damaged like TSFS, and in STV kirk had grey hair. So this is TWOK