Author Topic: HELP! ugly kitbash Independence!  (Read 580 times)

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
HELP! ugly kitbash Independence!
« on: November 06, 2009, 01:14:45 PM »
I finally found my original sketches and notes for the Independence class.  my God, it's an ugly kitbash!

these were doodled around twenty years ago (as you can tell by the age on the notepaper) when next G was literally still on the air the FIRST time.  I want some help getting this ship to look consistent.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
Re: HELP! ugly kitbash Independence!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 06:42:17 PM »
I'm seeing a connie type thing with galaxy nacelles and the back end of one of those icon class ships?
I miss :bigdance:

Offline Lionus

• Cookies: 79
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 06:55:44 PM »
Personally I wouldn't put hefty TNG nacelles on flimsy TMP/TOS era pylons.. they would tear themselves off as soon as ship would try to exceed impulse speeds. Simplify the design until it seems more natural, then concentrate on details. Don't make it up as you go.
Star Trek Quad-nacelle fanboy Extraordinaire

StarFleet Research and Development Crash Test Dummie/Test pilot

"Beyond the rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me."

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 07:21:38 AM »
here's the BACK of the same sheet...I attempted a redesign years ago...and i THINK i anticipated something.  look familliar?

that's why it looks like a Kitbash.  i was thinking more Era Appropriate without bumming the funky looking cubic ambassador nacelles OR the excelsior nacelles (which WOULD be appropriate, but aren't really to my taste.)

the last time I lectured someone about nacelle pylon thickness, i got lectured back :P
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet