Author Topic: STTNG Conspiracy episode  (Read 815 times)

Offline Psyco Diver

• Cookies: 3
STTNG Conspiracy episode
« on: December 12, 2009, 01:56:48 AM »
So what was suppose to happen with the story arc? At the end they talk about a homing beacon, I remember watching it long time ago yet they never did anything more with it, anyone have any ideas what the plot was suppose to entail?

Offline Ryles

• Cookies: 0
Re: STTNG Conspiracy episode
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 02:51:03 AM »
It was reconceptualised into the Borg.

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 08:39:19 AM »
Is this the one with aliens that live in your neck (not Go'auld.) From what I remember, it got such a negative reaction from the network and viewers that they stopped the storyline there.

Offline KrrKs

• Cookies: 25
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 09:32:53 AM »
Is this the one with aliens that live in your neck (not Go'auld.) From what I remember, it got such a negative reaction from the network and viewers that they stopped the storyline there.

I think it was good Episode (from what i remember), even though that eating worms stuff was like WTF?! It would have been a good chance to set up something like "Perry Rhodan" did with the Second Galactic Empire, run by the Gataser J?lzish

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 09:42:39 AM »
I think what I found really gruseome about that episode was the Commander fella exploding when he gets shot by phasers. You actually see his skin disappear and the eyes looking like something from Halloween.

Shame really, conspiracy series are always fun. :)
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Psyco Diver

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 12:48:31 PM »
was this a gene approved episode or a berman? Just wondering because I know Gene wanted a utopia trek thru the stars, so I found it wierd for Gene to approve this type of arc, although it fits with berman

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 03:12:27 PM »
I think it was good Episode (from what i remember), even though that eating worms stuff was like WTF?!
I too enjoyed the episode, but the story was canceled for the exact reason you (and Dalek) mentioned. Giant worm-like creatures bursting out of people's stomachs only to have said person's head explode from a double phaser blast on broadcast television in the early '90s didn't go over very well. Many people had a stronger reaction than "WTF?!" I'm sure it would go over fine today, we as a culture are far more desensitized, but not then.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 01:16:36 AM »
was this a gene approved episode or a berman? Just wondering because I know Gene wanted a utopia trek thru the stars, so I found it wierd for Gene to approve this type of arc, although it fits with berman

I heard the original idea was a good old fashioned coup-de-etat, with normal people, the bluegill aliens were added because Gene thought that in the utopian starfleet officers wouldn't do that unless they were under alien control.  the end of the episode was written to lead into the arc that eventually became the Borg arc.

Offline Digital_Clarity

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 05:40:12 PM »
Sorry about the necro post, however, the story arc was abandoned because the producers felt it was too along the lines of Aliens.
Personally, I thought it added an eerie twist to the TNG series and would like to have seen them elaborate upon it picking up where
conspiracy left off (maybe in a movie or seasonn finale).

Offline majormagna

• English Idiot
  • Cookies: 5
  • Bail Out!
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 08:33:44 PM »
Reply to necro-post.

Although non-canon, the book "Unity" expands on the arc of the evil mindey takey overy aliens http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Unity_%28novel%29

In response to
even though that eating worms stuff was like WTF?!
I'd just like to ask, and you never were grossed out by Klingons eating Gagh or Ferengi eating tube-grubs? (On a side note, the worms in the "Conspiracy" episode were mealworms, the exact same things as used for tube-grubs)
Did you know I'm on Twitter?

Offline mckinneyc

• Screenshot Master
  • Cookies: 151
  • Screenshot Master
    • My DA page
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010, 09:26:12 PM »
If I remember correctly the mother alien inside the dude that blew up, which was cut from all UK airings, sent out a signal.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2010, 02:51:38 AM »
yeah, you're right.  They were going to continue the plot later, but the bluegil aliens were abandoned in favor of the Borg.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2010, 07:14:20 AM »
actually, you could put in a side line as to where the "beacon" went to.  I figure either the 8472, or even the andromedans mentioned in TOS (who should be showing up by now)
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet