Author Topic: Scotchy's galaxies...denied?!  (Read 1401 times)

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
Scotchy's galaxies...denied?!
« on: December 11, 2009, 11:42:15 AM »
now that I have my graphics processor fixed, I decided to reinstall scotchy's galaxies (the chipset for my graphics card needed driver updates).  i reunpacked the ship set...and promptly got blocked by my antivirus!

it comes up with the following:  Win32.Adware.Chiern/Chiem

OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
Re: Scotchy's galaxies...denied?!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 01:10:48 PM »
I just downloaded it I didn't have that problem, try downloading it again and disable your virus scanner.

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 03:16:08 PM »
i re unrared it from stock (I save all mods), so unless a piece of spyware slipped into the original rar...

Edit #1:  I've deleted the original rar in case it was contaminated, and am redownloading it to check.

edit #2:  even windows is blocking this!  a component of the self extractor program reads as spyware to all antispy and antivirus programs.  I'd bet it's a built in component that screwed up some lawyer's comp.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 03:28:43 PM »
A similar thing happens to me when I try to install Scotchy's Galaxy's. Ad-aware blocks the .exe from opening so I have to turn it off for install. After that it works fine. You might have to do that with your anti-virus.

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 03:34:14 PM »
I did.  the other antispys are reading it that way as well.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 07:29:08 PM »
Have you tried turning off ALL of your anti-spyware software and installing it?
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 08:21:56 PM »
the way MY mother surfs when she's using this thing?.  it says they're allready there (i still have most of the components, but am missing, I believe, the NIF.)
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 08:39:06 PM »
i think the problem is on your end only...

Offline Morgan

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 11:44:48 PM »
If all you're missing is the NIF then you can always just extract it from DS9FX, it uses the SNS Galaxy.

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2009, 08:20:57 AM »
I'm paranoid over keeping this computer running normally.  we've lost two to a combination of Lightning Strikes and heavy viruses.  Most of the power problems here have been resolved.  new lines and poles were set in our area, probably for the first time in decades, if not since the work filler programs of the depression era.  we used to get dozens of brownouts a year on top of the constant case of thunderstorms.

I've had a test run.  I have to make some sort of rearrangemet so that the various galaxies will use scotchy's skins, again (the variant's skins work, but there's no main skin :P).  this little "spyware detected on open" glitch means I can't put them in again if I have to reinstall, though.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2009, 08:35:50 AM »
Disconnect yourself from the internet.... disable your programs... install the galaxy... re-enable the programs and reconnect to the net... problem solved.  XD
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Morgan

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2009, 05:14:05 PM »
What Neb said. Scotchy's Galaxy has been around for 5 years, it's clean. If it wasn't we would have found out a long time ago and it wouldn't be here...

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2009, 07:03:36 PM »
this IS adaware we're talking about.  it's a zealot, which is why I've had it for near a decade.  what do you do, though, when even windows innate spy and virus says "bug"?

it's all here, though.  i have to arrange it so that when it reads "galaxy", it picks up the galaxy textures for the scotchys.

OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2009, 07:30:57 PM »
you disable the Microsoft crap (if I were you, I'd make that change permanent, but to each his own).

All those types of programs have disabling methods, though for some it involves taking them off start up and restarting the computer.
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2009, 09:01:03 PM »
i am not yanking 8 layers of protection to put ONE ship pack back in.  my mother uses it when she comes here, and I immediatly have to do a full purge to keep the spyware off.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline Maxloef

• STBC Aftermath Co Founder
  • Cookies: 61
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2009, 04:55:11 AM »
yeah SNS galaxy isnt spyware so what are you worrieng about just disable it install it enable it PROBLEM solved..

end of the day YOUR problem not ours ;)

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2009, 07:30:57 AM »
turns out, they're still there.  all I gotta do is delete the p81 galaxy, and force it to use the scotchy textures.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read