Author Topic: Post TNG Mods (MOS) Previously STO Era Ships  (Read 51848 times)

Offline bankruptstudios

• Cookies: 60
  • Xander = Host, Co-Host, Producer and Editor
    • Holo Suite Magazine
Re: NX-91001 Sovereign refit
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2010, 08:27:53 PM »
did you ever at one point export, or import this sovy from an oBJ format? I only ask because i think you use 3ds max to do your editing and the Nif plugin to do the import, exporting, and if you imported an obj file, that would explain the harsh smoothing errors seen in your first pic. GC sovy has an animation in it so i had to export it to 3ds format, then to obj, then back to get rid of it. If you do use an obj format, unclick the smoothing groups on the importer/ exporter to remove this error for next time.

Offline Vladko1

• Cookies: 72
  • The trekkie of steel
    • Modders of Steel Shipyards Homepage!
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2010, 11:26:07 PM »
With Milkshape, I exported to 3ds. And as I said before, I am not responsible for the mesh errors. Rhino have issues exporting to 3ds.

Offline bankruptstudios

• Holo Suite Magazine
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2010, 03:20:43 AM »
I ment not disrespect, i thougth you used max and was jest trying to help.

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2010, 10:31:07 AM »
No offence but the texturing on the new 2 plyons are non-existent. Really not liking how the back is. It's like youve not bothered to finish it off.

~Jb
seconded

Thirded. And the glowing phaser arrays look kinda pointless considering that if you hardpoint a ship correctly you can actually see the enery run round the array and meet up at the front and fire.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Vladko1

• The trekkie of steel
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2010, 12:18:32 PM »
I havent remade the HP. For the next version I will adjust the position of the systems. When I worked alone is faster and easier because there is no people and they are no argues between the members of the team. For now I made this ship because I am having a lot to study. Later I will remap the ship. For now, write here what you wanna be the map and what you wanna be drown on the texture.

Offline Vladko1

• The trekkie of steel
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2010, 02:23:00 PM »
I uploaded add-on fix. I saw that in my fast I made an error writting the add-on, becouse Milen forgot to add max warp and I copied one from my Proximas to be fast, but I forgot to change the name in the line :( Please, I wanna someone get me killed :funny

Offline deadthunder2_0

• Cookies: 39
  • Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel
    • Modders of Steel Home page
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2010, 07:14:49 PM »
Bones, any progress on the textures?
Support the Post TNG Ship Pack

Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel,
We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2010, 02:00:04 AM »
not much to show, just a basic shape of top saucer, I have to study much now so I don't have much time ATM, will be back to you next week with the textures

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2010, 01:29:44 AM »
Update : I've dumped recolored top saucer texture and started drawing whole new textures, secondary hull is now finished, I've also added to it Post Nem Sov's additional impulse engines under the aft shuttle bay to maximize monstrous refit feeling, now I'm going to take nacelles.

hoopefully I'll be able to post some pics when I get my home net working again (router malfunction, now I'm posting from work)

Update 2 : I've persuaded my router to work again and so I have some pics for ya :P

these textures were meant for my upcoming Post Nemesis Enterprise/Sovereign v.3 but I figured they are pretty STO judging byu the pics available, Sov Evo hull is now a lot darker and most of the black/white armor was replaced with dark grey/navy blue which is the color scheme I will use. As mentioned above I've remade additional impulse drive under the shuttlebay ;)

Offline deadthunder2_0

• Cookies: 39
  • Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel
    • Modders of Steel Home page
« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2010, 10:47:17 AM »
very nice  :)
Support the Post TNG Ship Pack

Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel,
We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline bankruptstudios

• Holo Suite Magazine
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2010, 02:06:22 PM »
Damit Bones, i thought you were a doctor, not a Divenci!!! This is great, and the impuls was very creative. IT's cookie time!!!

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2010, 02:16:29 PM »
Damit Bones, i thought you were a doctor, not a Divenci!!! This is great, and the impuls was very creative. IT's cookie time!!!
lol one could say I'm a doctor of many talents :P thank's I'm glad you like it :D

Offline Vladko1

• The trekkie of steel
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2010, 03:17:10 PM »
Maaaaaaaaan, more than awesome :eek :) cookieeeeeeeeeeee

Offline JamesTiberiusKirk

• Johnny Walker... one of my best friends! Cheers!
  • Cookies: 33
  • Cheers!
    • My Myspace Page ->
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2010, 03:26:28 PM »
Im not so sure about the bevel and emboss... its a tad too dark. it looks too much like plastic at the moment. but i look forward to the final version  :)

"And this... is... to go... even further beyond!"

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2010, 03:55:48 PM »
Im not so sure about the bevel and emboss... its a tad too dark. it looks too much like plastic at the moment. but i look forward to the final version  :)
fair point, I might change it in final version, still no windows were added so I can make minor changes to armor ;)

Offline Vladko1

• The trekkie of steel
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2010, 01:04:03 PM »

On my screen is looking exactly like tritan or steel. Raise your monitor contrast. Im on 5000:1 and everything is looking exactly real. I have viewed many pictures from my phone, camera, dad's phone and the colours are exactly real. Here is the same. Second cookie for you Bones ;)

Offline Dalek

« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2010, 01:07:00 PM »
It might not look like plastic to me but those armour plated bits look fake to me. Lets hope to good improvements Bones. :P
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2010, 02:02:17 PM »
yeah I think I've over-beveled it a bit so I'll tone it down by 50% which should be enough.

My goal is to make Federation ship that has some Klingon armor characteristics, you can clearly see Klingon armor is irregular, trench-like and has many beveled parts that improves overall protection (Vorcha, Negh'Var) of course I wont go for lime green for armor but this way it will show up as thicker part... this would look whole lot better if I would have bump maps support in BC but since I don't have 'em I'll have to make the effect old fashioned way ;) so everytime you'll look on it and think 'it's cheap' it will mean Klingons had something to do with it :funny
It might not look like plastic to me but those armour plated bits look fake to me. Lets hope to good improvements Bones. :P
which ones, grey or those dark grey ones ???

Offline Dalek

« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2010, 02:07:46 PM »
Its all grey...:P

- Lorien

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2010, 02:19:18 PM »
Damn I thought it's cool :P ooook.... any suggestions ??? come on guys, brainstorm ;)