Author Topic: Post TNG Mods (MOS) Previously STO Era Ships  (Read 51851 times)

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
Re: STO era ships
« Reply #320 on: February 13, 2010, 09:43:36 AM »
Update on PDW Constitution :

So I decided to rename the ship to Sobieski class but don't worry ya Cortez fans ;) Sobieski will be kind of lightly armed first-of-its class deep space explorer with limited torpedo capacity as well as it will have following phasers coverage : 3 main phaser stripes on saucer (heavy type XIII) and 3 on secondary hull which will be light type XIII type. Cortez will be a light battle cruiser with more and sharper teeth : forward launchers will fire up to 8 quantums (4 per each tube while Sobieski can fire only 2), aft launchers will fire 4 quantums -2 per tube (Sobieski only 2 - 1 per tube) also it will be fitted with additional 2 dorsal saucer phaser arrays and additional 4 arrays on both pylons (dorsal and ventral side) all of them will be the same heavy type XIII and Cortez will be equivalent for Krakow Excelsior type (formerly known as PDW Excelsior)

here are some pics of nearly finished secondary hull and fresh aft view for deadthunder

Offline deadthunder2_0

• Cookies: 39
  • Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel
    • Modders of Steel Home page
« Reply #321 on: February 13, 2010, 10:18:59 AM »
Wow, so may pdw TMP ships, i even started one!
yup, because i now have photoshop, i can start editing textures
anyway, the constitution, Heavy tactical refit, you can't see them in the pic, but it has 6 torp tubes, and phaser arrays
nacelles are longer, and recolored, impulse is red instead of orange, and i am working on damage textures(notice that some go right under the phasers)
Support the Post TNG Ship Pack

Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel,
We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline Vladko1

• Cookies: 72
  • The trekkie of steel
    • Modders of Steel Shipyards Homepage!
« Reply #322 on: February 13, 2010, 10:33:47 AM »
And a progress with the TNG proxima

Offline deadthunder2_0

« Reply #323 on: February 13, 2010, 02:10:31 PM »
progress on my connie, i have lengthened the nacelles about 45%, and added 9 phaser arrays, making 11 phaser arrays total, also i want to know, should it have Quantum or photon torps(or both)?

Good, the sobieski has a rear shuttlebay, i just don't like the position of the impulse engines

We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #324 on: February 13, 2010, 02:12:46 PM »
Those nacelles at those length look stupidly long. Shorten them a bit.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline deadthunder2_0

« Reply #325 on: February 13, 2010, 02:29:50 PM »
Done

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #326 on: February 13, 2010, 02:35:53 PM »
Those nacelles at those length look stupidly long. Shorten them a bit.
totally agreed lol, yeah I'm gonna replace impulse engines cuz they look kinda too old compared to the rest of the ship, also I'm gonna place them on saucer rim level.

Offline Vladko1

• Cookies: 72
  • The trekkie of steel
    • Modders of Steel Shipyards Homepage!
« Reply #327 on: February 13, 2010, 03:30:37 PM »
DT, restore the naccel size. Play with the vertexes and you can make great TNG naccel, but dont make them longer than their original lengh.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #328 on: February 13, 2010, 04:31:43 PM »
New impulse engine :) I tried putting it into saucer rim and it just didn't look right due to shuttlebays

Offline Dalek

« Reply #329 on: February 13, 2010, 04:32:54 PM »
Isn't blue a bit overkill on that ship? :P
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline deadthunder2_0

« Reply #330 on: February 13, 2010, 04:36:54 PM »
how about this?

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #331 on: February 13, 2010, 04:48:11 PM »
nope it didn't look right ;)

I liked Ambassador's blue impulse grille, besides blue is my fav colour so Sobieski class will have blue impulse :P

Cortez will have red impulse like this :
(update on pylons)

Offline Dalek

« Reply #332 on: February 13, 2010, 04:51:36 PM »
Ah, ok. :)

Perhaps the Cortez could be slightly different by having the impulse engine a little higher up? Some silly physics rule might say it'll make it go faster. :P

- Lorien

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #333 on: February 13, 2010, 05:36:51 PM »
yeah, few differences would be great, I was thinking about replacing observation deck on both sides of the secondary hull with pulse phasers array (6 per each side like this :  | o o | || | o o | || | o o | ) also golden deflector, red impulse engines under the saucer, additional phasers, expanded bussard collectors

Offline deadthunder2_0

« Reply #334 on: February 13, 2010, 05:43:54 PM »
I decided to get rid of the scimitar in favor of this:

Offline Dalek

« Reply #335 on: February 13, 2010, 05:44:20 PM »
Woah, she's going to be a beast Bones. I'm sure Sisko would be proud. :P

Edit: I don't think you should get rid of the Scimitar. Although the Scythe isn't canon it looks to be a small ship compared to the design of the Scimitar.

- Lorien

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #336 on: February 13, 2010, 06:02:15 PM »
Ok here's just a quick reskin of what cortez will look like, possibly there will be more dark accents to it also pulse array will have modeled in 'tubes'

Offline Dalek

« Reply #337 on: February 13, 2010, 06:05:43 PM »
Looks good. :)

- Lorien

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #338 on: February 13, 2010, 07:01:46 PM »
It does look good, just not too fond of the impulse drive placement...

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #339 on: February 14, 2010, 02:15:41 AM »
ok so be it ! I'll place them under saucer ! :mad  :funny lol just kiddin'
now seriously, I'll move them to few locations and post pics ;)

EDIT : UPDATE :
How's this ?