Author Topic: Ambassador Class REFERENCES NEEDED  (Read 1892 times)

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1410
  • I make ships.
Ambassador Class REFERENCES NEEDED
« on: January 04, 2010, 11:24:29 PM »
Hey guys.  To begin with, I'm on the hunt for a really good set of Ambassador schematics.  I've done some checking but am not really satisfied.  If you have some, or know where I can get some good ones, could you please post here.

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
Re: Ambassador Class REFERENCES NEEDED
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 11:25:28 PM »
hey DJ catch me on WLM ;)

I have what ya need
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 12:43:50 AM »
I only have the probert one.
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

Offline serverandenforcer

• Frustrated and Strugling Modeler
  • Cookies: 270
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 02:32:43 AM »

Offline CptBenSisko

• Cookies: 6
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 03:07:55 AM »
Hey DJ since i suggested that you undertake the Ambassador Class...ill try and find you some good schematics....that would do along with Star Trek TNG Yesterdays Enterprise...

Offline limey BSc.

• JL Studios - Co-Founder
  • Cookies: 421
  • JL Studios - Co-Founder
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 04:01:14 AM »
Timing! I found my brothers old Star Trek Fact Files the other day and scanned in a load of schematics at crazy high res, including ones for the Ent-C. I've got either the 3 seperate images (each about 10,000 x 10,000 and around 250 MB) or all 3 peiced together (at 26,781 x 11,681 and 375 MB) but the latter may have some errors around where I peiced the images together. I can, of course, scale them down to whatever size you'd prefer first.

If anyone else is interested in any of the other schematics, drop me a PM and I'll see what I can do.
MUSE!!!

Offline RifleMan80

• BC Veteran since February, 2002
  • Cookies: 136
  • BC Machinima Bridge Commander Elder (Feb 02)
    • Rifle's Bridge Commander Machinima
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 04:58:28 AM »
 I think this can help you.

A True Riker's Beard!

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 07:41:46 AM »
yay!  DJ is doing an Ambassador class - one of my favs :D

Offline RifleMan80

• BC Veteran since February, 2002
  • Cookies: 136
  • BC Machinima Bridge Commander Elder (Feb 02)
    • Rifle's Bridge Commander Machinima
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 08:48:15 AM »
yay!  DJ is doing an Ambassador class - one of my favs :D

Its about time he did too!

A True Riker's Beard!

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2010, 11:25:09 AM »
Do we really need another so soon lol? Unless its a Yamugachi variant. :P
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Biggins

• Cookies: 2
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2010, 11:47:05 AM »
Or a proto Ambassador?
"You treat her like a lady, and she'll always bring you home."

Offline anazonda

• Cookies: 8
  • Is it time to back up and leave bc?
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2010, 11:54:35 AM »
Hey... If he wants to make an Ambassador he shoud... I think we can all agree that his models are some of the best you can get at the moment...

... am I wrong?

Offline Dalek

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2010, 11:56:10 AM »
Or a proto Ambassador?

One of Wiley's many thousands of projects.

... am I wrong?

Not wrong, just that the JLS Ambie serves well for early TNG era (and its very good too).
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline CptBenSisko

• Cookies: 6
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2010, 12:00:19 PM »
The JLS is a very nice model...but you can never have enough selection....some models it seems are done to death....and as much as DJ likes to build and design his own ships....i think there is a certain joy for all modelers to build cannon designs...with a bit of artistic licesnse...such as the lack of torpedo tubes on the Ambassador Class model from TNG:Yest Ent and the shots from DS9 Emmissary when we see Wolf359....

Offline JamesTiberiusKirk

• Johnny Walker... one of my best friends! Cheers!
  • Cookies: 33
  • Cheers!
    • My Myspace Page ->
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2010, 12:02:18 PM »
... am I wrong?

Not wrong, just that the JLS Ambie serves well for early TNG era (and its very good too).

but its not entirely canon

"And this... is... to go... even further beyond!"

Offline Dalek

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2010, 12:06:08 PM »
... am I wrong?

but its not entirely canon

How so? Apart from the phasers around the shuttlebay it looks entirely canon to me.

- Lorien

Offline Psyco Diver

• Cookies: 3
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2010, 01:44:01 PM »
Honestly I still believe they should have better aft phaser and ventral phaser coverage, I know its been discussed to death

Personally I love this ambassador http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/JL_Studios_Ambassador;97003x but I need to adjust somethings on it like I believe a dominion war version where it manuevers better, stronger shields, and maybe slightly stronger weapons, although they pack more than enough punch to take down a KM keldon

Offline mckinneyc

• Screenshot Master
  • Cookies: 151
  • Screenshot Master
    • My DA page
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2010, 02:11:24 PM »
DJ is there a class you can't model?

Glad to see you've moved into the 24th Century.

The studio model built for TNG had to be finished quickly which explains lack of ventral phaser coverage and no visable torpedo launchers and why the Ambie doesn't match the original planned Ambie design.

DJ if I were you I'd add a ventral array like most references include despite it not being on the Enterprise. Although I do recall a shot in Deep Space Nine of an Ambie firing phasers from that region during the Battle of Wolf 359.

Offline Dalek

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2010, 02:21:43 PM »
Honestly I still believe they should have better aft phaser and ventral phaser coverage, I know its been discussed to death

Personally I love this ambassador http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/JL_Studios_Ambassador;97003x but I need to adjust somethings on it like I believe a dominion war version where it manuevers better, stronger shields, and maybe slightly stronger weapons, although they pack more than enough punch to take down a KM keldon

See? He likes it. :)

- Lorien