Author Topic: MPE Issue  (Read 804 times)

Offline ARSE

• Cookies: 1
MPE Issue
« on: January 05, 2010, 04:40:46 AM »
Hi all,

Im having issues with MPE when I alter hardpoints for my own use they dont seem to fire weapons from the positions i have clicked on on the model using the locate button and get position within the items property edit. I have run the registry file to set things before opening MPE but it still seems to be incorrect even the scale is set to 0.01 when I edit the position manually just to see where the phasers are firing from it tends move large amounts but get no where near where i want it its almost as MPE is trying to wind me up.

I am editing DJ's Holland class ship to give it a TNG refit for my own use just so people know what Im fiddling with if that makes any difference.

Years ago I used to do this all the time and got around the issue some how but can not remember I have been in the Royal Navy for over 4 and half years since and only now got back to using BC again and now I can not remember how to solve this issue.

Also are there any free mesh editing programs out there I wish to attempt to alter some models as well.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
Re: MPE Issue
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 07:51:22 AM »
welcome back, Sailor.  pick up the Ark Royal if you haven't allready.

make sure you've zoomed in enough that your not picking air. and don't be afraid to adjust the numbers a little to sink in a phaser point or whatever

there's almost no such thing as "free" now  the lawyers are in full steam :P  again, welcome back to civillian life.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 09:40:27 AM »
Blender is a free modeling program. It is possible to import/export meshes from/to BC with it.

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 12:49:24 AM »
Oi arse, you wouldn't happen to be a user on www.arrse.co.uk now would you?

It's good to have someone else come back to BC :D
I miss :bigdance:

Offline ARSE

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 06:48:07 AM »
Thankyou all for the welcome back! :D

So its going to be a lengthy process of trial and error to get the weapons and all in the correct positions then? ARGH!

I will try the free model editor although I have no experience so again I'm guessing it is going to be a lengthy process.

Finally no I'm not a member of arrse.co.uk

What I want to do with this vessel is ideally give it a Miranda class style roll bar from the the two phaser cannon fins. Now as I understand I need not worry DJ for permission if I keep it for myself, however if I wanted to release it then DJ's permission would be required yes?  Unless of course DJ fancies making the addition himself, hehe cheeky I know! I have in mind something like the Falcon class weapons pod but not as triangular shaped its very much like the nebula pod only smaller. It would then resemble something like a boomerang maybe even with the point backwards I cant visualise it very well with drawing it.

I dont know what you guys think of the idea, but seeing as the ship was very late tmp early tng build and it is very much like a excelsior type miranda I thought it would only make sense that it recieved an late TNG / DS9 era refit for the dominion war as the excelsior and miranda classes made it through so why not this one?

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 10:35:50 AM »
have you tried manually doing the xyz on the MPE? ANd it still fires wrong? Are you making sure to press the get position buttom before touching anything else? And clicking ok? And remembring to save? I know that probably seems silly but you've got to be doing something wrong. Try some of the tmp ships I've hp'd. Perhaps you have a model that was converted off center (though I'd have a hard time believing DJ would allows such a careless n00b error) if so that will also cause the issue as will an occasionally defective model (if there is a mesh error directly on the spot your weapon is sitting on). We can confir over msn if you'd like.

(I can't believe I am helping this Arse.. :funny :D)...sorry..couldn't resist :P
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

Offline ARSE

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 04:57:54 AM »
Thankyou Starforce for your offer what time zone do you live in as I am busy this AM (I live in GMT) so I may take you up on your offer in the pm or maybe over the next couple of days if you are free. I've tried manually editing and I have been saving as well, the strange thing is from what I can tell the torpedo launchers that I have put in seem to be firing in the correct places but not the phasers. Perhaps if I send the hp to you, you could take a look and see if I have done something terribly wrong???  The dorsal phasers are now all out of sync as I have been fiddling manually to get them to fire correctly, The ventral ones are as I've used the position tool.

Another question too is there a quicker way to tell if the weapons are placed correctly rather than loading up BC and then checking.

One more could it be that vista is the issue with the reg file that you have to run first?

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2010, 01:20:27 AM »
well you can pm me any time or email me starforce2@gmail.com and I can look at your hp. model textures and the py are all I need. The only thing I can think of if it's vista is that your hp is in the programs directory and it's not editing the text file (vista seems to have an issue with that mods not taking hold) I would suggest one more change you could make to test this. Place a new directory on your desktop or my documents or even directly on drive C, target your mpe to that for both model and hp and work out of there. Then see if the changes take.
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 09:20:21 AM »
I have MPE  in a folder all It's own [poor thing must lonely, there by itself] [I seriously doubt it tho]
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 06:45:12 AM »
have you had any luck with these suggestions?
Read my mod blog!

Offline ARSE

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 01:19:27 PM »
nope its still acting up ARGH!