Author Topic: Late TNG Bridge crashed at E1M1  (Read 2742 times)

Offline yochenhsieh

• Cookies: 2
    • SFC3: Rebalance Expansion
Late TNG Bridge crashed at E1M1
« on: January 17, 2007, 06:49:25 AM »
Hello,
I've installed FoundationTech (20051126), BP Core (20060625), and the late TNG Galaxy bridge. According to the changelog of Bridge Plugin, it "fixed single player compatability issue." But I always got BC crashed to desktop while Admiral Liu finished talking, and before Picard appearing on the Bridge in E1M1.

Does the Late TNG Bridge work with single player? Or is there a fix for it?

Thanks,

You-Cheng Hsieh

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Late TNG Bridge crashed at E1M1
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 07:12:04 AM »
Can you provide a link to this bridge?

Or is this bridge a retexture?

Even so, BP isn't the only mod with problems with SP, NanoFX is aother one of them. So does UMM has a couple of problems (which shall be fixed in the next version).
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline yochenhsieh

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 07:23:22 AM »
The one and only...
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Late_TNG_Galaxy_Bridge;64277

To make things clear, I don't have any problems with sp missions before installing this bridge. I have backed up several copies of scripts folder so that I can keep track on which mod cause problems. I can provide a list of installed scripts mods if you wish. :)

Thanks.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 07:42:21 AM »
Try playing without any mutators on. I think you will get a bit futher with that.

Also, deactivate the Canon Crew Fix when playing SP. This is fixed in the new version (ie. CCF is changed so that it doesn't do a thing when in SP).
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline yochenhsieh

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 08:03:37 AM »
It still crashed with all mutators off.

I don't have canon crew fix. These're the scripts mods I installed:
Foundation (from BCMI)
FoundationTech (20051126)
QB Autostart 0.9.1
QuickBattle Extension 2.3
Power Current 0.4
Redistribute shields 1.0
Pseudo TestMode
WalkFX (from BCS: The Beginning)
BoostShields (from BCS: The Beginning)
Mark's GUI Mod (lite)
Bridge plugin core (20060625)
They don't affect any SP missions, though.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 08:07:15 AM »
No NanoFX installed?

Did you try and run a later mission?

Offline yochenhsieh

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 08:35:13 AM »
Later Galaxy missions work fine. Picard leave for turbolift without any problems. So I'm wondering why it crashed just at when he should appear in E1M1.

I don't use NanoFX.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 08:46:27 AM »
It could also be Saffi that's causing the problems.

Currently can't think of anything.

Be sure to keep up with the developments of the various mods.

With the current version of UMM and BP Core (and various other BP mods) I can go quite far in the first mission, but then I run into the save system, and a/some mod(s) that want to save modules (py(c) files) in the save system, which isn't allowed and it throws an exception.
Still working on that.

Offline yochenhsieh

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 09:55:27 AM »
I'm trying with a clean BC install, with only Foundation, FoundationTech, BP Core, and Late TNG Galaxy Bridge.

It still crashed. :(

There must be something else which wasn't noted in the requirements....

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2007, 09:57:47 AM »
i dunno, BP Core and SP work fine for me (with all mutators off)...
when i get home from work, i'll post a screenshot of Picard sitting on the galaxy bridge, at red alert (sidelights flashing)...

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2007, 09:58:41 AM »
I have to admit, SP compatibility wasn't high on the agenda.

It is higher for the next release though.

Offline yochenhsieh

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2007, 10:02:57 AM »
i dunno, BP Core and SP work fine for me (with all mutators off)...
when i get home from work, i'll post a screenshot of Picard sitting on the galaxy bridge, at red alert (sidelights flashing)...
Could you please post a screenshot of Picard and Saffi walking down from the side in E1M1?

Thanks.  :)

I'll just keep trying...

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1797
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2007, 10:44:17 AM »
this was a problem with the original BPCore, I inadvertantly included an edited stock file.. if you download the latest core and install it the problem should be fixed.

http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Bridge_Plugin_Core;65091

In this case should be means "its worked for everyone else".

Offline yochenhsieh

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2007, 11:06:39 AM »
Thank you! I reinstalled Bridge Plugin Core AGAIN and it works! :D

...Why didn't it work the first time?  :?: (I always download the same last version...)

btw, please add "Unified Mainmenu" to the requirements of BP core. It should help people who want to install mods independently.  :)

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2007, 11:09:09 AM »
Increditable! I reinstalled Bridge Plugin Core AGAIN and it works! :D

...Why didn't it work the first time?  :?:
Changed (stock) file was in your way.

btw, please add "Unified Mainmenu" to the requirements of BP core. It should help people who want to install mods independently.
The thing is, it isn't a requirement.
It's purely optional, we think the default settings are an optimum for best experience.

Also, it's currently not compatible with SP.

BCDS

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2007, 08:16:22 AM »
I can answer this question very easily actually, in E1M1, TG where very lazy and didnt remove the "PopCamera" from the script, and that causes it to crash - fixed this for myself ages ago.

pop that in "scripts/Maelstrom/Episode 1/E1M1" and it should work - although i havent tested this particular version - i just took it from the SDK and modified it.

Adam

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2007, 08:21:06 AM »
I can answer this question very easily actually, in E1M1, TG where very lazy and didnt remove the "PopCamera" from the script, and that causes it to crash - fixed this for myself ages ago.
That's not all there is to it. ;)

Where would this PopCamera be? In the Galaxy bridge? Since I haven't changed that script and I can currently play SP.

When I don't disable saving then I currently get a couple of bsods because of saving problems.
When I don't, I don't save anything but I can play it correctly.

This is after a change to UMM and a SP Compatibility mod (will be included in the new version of UMM, infact, it will only work on the new version of UMM).

BCDS

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2007, 08:23:51 AM »
It was all there was to it for me;  i raised this issue with L_J ages ago because i thought it was a WalkFX issue.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2007, 08:25:37 AM »
It was all there was to it for me;  i raised this issue with L_J ages ago because i thought it was a WalkFX issue.
Ah, that one. That never caused a crash for me.

It's the one that prevents WalkFX to work (normally) on the Galaxy Bridge. And gives you the raising effect when you look back (not in WalkFX anymore :() towards Brex & Co (if you have CCF).

BCDS

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2007, 08:28:33 AM »
Well, anyway for reference it was in function PicardWalkOn, and this did sort it for me; so if its of any help to anyone else then thats great.