Author Topic: USS Falmouth Design  (Read 5924 times)

Offline nicholson

• Starforce Productions
  • Cookies: 4
Re: USS Falmouth Design
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2010, 03:25:36 PM »
Just a bit of input . . .

Model an design are great.

The colour scheme looks too post DS9. Too much dark grey to look Ambassador era. lighter greys and teal would look better IMO.

Offline ARSE

• Cookies: 1
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2010, 03:59:17 PM »
Its getting there now cinqnic, just need to smooth the wrap around flight deck a bit and extend it past the aft of the shuttle bay like the Ent-C.  I guessing your still work on tilting the warp engines over, the pods just above the nacelle pylon need to be blended into the nacelle pylons themselves. This is really starting to look very good its like the design I've dreamed of for a long while is finally becoming a reality. (well atleast in BC anyway lol)

To Gmunoz, I'm guessing you definately want to do the HP I am happy if Cinqnic is, do you agree with the weapons layout I have spoken of so far??? bearing in mind she is built primarily for battle but has all the scientific gear as well but as a secondary role, it does not dimish her exploration capability by any means, e.g. take an excelsior from lost era period speed it up a bit beef up the weapons lots wallah USS Falmouth-B!!!

Offline deadthunder2_0

• Cookies: 39
  • Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel
    • Modders of Steel Home page
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2010, 06:06:05 PM »
Royal oak, there is to many minators
Support the Post TNG Ship Pack

Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel,
We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline Lionus

• Cookies: 79
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2010, 06:18:48 PM »
voted for Valiant.
Star Trek Quad-nacelle fanboy Extraordinaire

StarFleet Research and Development Crash Test Dummie/Test pilot

"Beyond the rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me."

Offline ARSE

USS Falmouth Design Nacelle Update
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2010, 07:52:24 AM »
Here is an updated picture of the Nacelles for the Falmouth, bearing in mind these are viewed looking at them being sat upright and that once on the the ship they will be canted over at 45 degrees.

Offline ARSE

« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2010, 07:58:50 AM »
Apologies for double post but I forgot to attach this picture as well to compare with the earlier position of the nacelle picture these ones lean in by 45 degrees rather than out I dont know what you think???

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2010, 08:17:25 AM »
they'd be eating backwash and taking damage from the impulse engines when they're used.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline RifleMan80

• BC Veteran since February, 2002
  • Cookies: 136
  • BC Machinima Bridge Commander Elder (Feb 02)
    • Rifle's Bridge Commander Machinima
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2010, 09:35:19 AM »
Them Impulse engines are a bit excessive, though they would probably make her fly lol.

A True Riker's Beard!

Offline ARSE

« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2010, 11:42:09 AM »
Thats the idea! If she can't beat it she'll out run it. They are there to provide the 21st century version of torque as well, e.g. taking a diesel 4x4 through deep mud and rough terrain as opposed to say a sports car.  24th century equivalent flying in very close proximity to stars gravitational anomolies that other ships would be pulled into to again enable her to out manoveur her enemies.

Also in the pic there should be atleast another nacelles width of saucer poking out each side but because of the way I have messed around with it in photoshop i've cut the sides of the saucer off lol. So the impulse engines won't look as excessive when you look at the whole vessel.

Also the other idea behind the impulse engines is obviously ordinarily she would not have the need to zoom about so the excess power generated by the impulse reactors can be tapped off to other systems e.g. the weapons or shields. I believe I am right in saying that certainly in this era the impulse reactors were used to provide the bulk of the power to the phasers anyway??? I seem to remember something like this being mentioned in TMP.

Offline Martyn_Myst

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2010, 02:01:24 PM »
i also have heard that but wasn't the power drawn from the warp engines e.g star trek the motion picture when they first jumped to warp the engines went into an imbalance and created the worm hole and nearly killed by flying into an asteroid
"the starship doesn't make the man, the man makes the starship" - Starfleet military annum

Offline cinqnic

• Starforce Productions
  • Cookies: 246
  • Cinqnic Member of Delta Force M.A.C.O. STO
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2010, 03:31:46 PM »
right here are some more pictures

Offline ARSE

« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2010, 03:37:41 PM »
Love the engines absolutely love the engines, its almost as if you've pulled the design out of my head and put into computer model wireframe format! Amazing. Can you post some more pictures from different angles please?

Offline cinqnic

• Starforce Productions
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2010, 02:23:45 PM »
more pictures still alot of work to be done

Offline cinqnic

• Starforce Productions
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2010, 03:20:24 PM »
what colour ? do we think this blue is better then the grey

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2010, 03:46:56 PM »
You need a much lighter blue.

Offline JamesTiberiusKirk

• Johnny Walker... one of my best friends! Cheers!
  • Cookies: 33
  • Cheers!
    • My Myspace Page ->
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2010, 05:50:07 PM »
You need a much lighter blue.
seconded. more blue instead cyan and a tad less saturation and lighter color.

"And this... is... to go... even further beyond!"

Offline deadthunder2_0

• Cookies: 39
  • Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel
    • Modders of Steel Home page
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2010, 09:51:48 PM »
third
Support the Post TNG Ship Pack

Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel,
We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline RifleMan80

• BC Veteran since February, 2002
  • Cookies: 136
  • BC Machinima Bridge Commander Elder (Feb 02)
    • Rifle's Bridge Commander Machinima
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2010, 12:31:38 AM »
Ahh I see now. Thanks for the explanation. I thought it was just part of the design lol. But, besides them rather larges engines, the rest of the ship looks like a perfect addition to my "Uber BC Install".

A True Riker's Beard!

Offline ARSE

« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2010, 05:00:30 AM »
Blue and yellow chevrons beneath the bridge structure in the U shape like the excelsior had, I'd prefer a slightly darker blue as opposed to the paler blue just to make it look a bit more warship looking, somewhere between the excelsior blue and royal blue would look better. I think that the larger part around the window, phaser and registry area should not be as big a section coloured in I'd still like to see the red lines either side of the registry area and by the time the phaser arrays have been mounted there will not be so much area to colour in, I think for this section maybe just a slightly darker grey than the rest of the hull, too much blue I think. The blue on the saucer edge is good very excelsior-esque. Perhaps a blue circle on the saucers underneath in a recessed par tof the saucer like the excelsior and then bring the red line circle in a bit more starting the front corner of the impulse section.  Going back to the topside of the saucer, the shuttlebay emergency hatch definately should be a darker grey not blue.

I certainly prefer the blue impulse reactors rather than the copper look.

give me a hour or so and I will attempt to colour in and alter on photoshop to what I think would be a good paint job.

I love like the double fins on the impulse reactor housing they're a definate keeper, although could you bring the reactors and the fins forward a bit to make some more room for the phaser arrays which will be mounted behind them.

Shes starting to shape up now!

Offline ARSE

« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2010, 05:58:28 AM »
please excuse the crappy picture but I don't see the need to be precise on a idea picture I can do better if required...

Right, with excuses out of the way, here is the topside colour scheme idea I've come up with again not set in stone to how I'd like to see it but some where near it, as always cinqnic carry on with your artistic licence if you think something would look better then by all means but this is what I've got in mind.

Note in the picture I have moved the impulse reactors and fins further forward and have kept them blue.

I've roughly placed the phasers in although I don't think that they should be quite as long as they are in the picture about 3/4s that I believe would look better now I've looked at them a bit.

Also the red name and registry rings are kept in place.