Author Topic: Importing STL models?  (Read 678 times)

Offline deadthunder2_0

• Cookies: 39
  • Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel
    • Modders of Steel Home page
Importing STL models?
« on: January 23, 2010, 04:31:26 PM »
any one know how to import a STL model so i can kitbash it
Support the Post TNG Ship Pack

Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel,
We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
Re: Importing STL models?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 04:46:13 PM »
from what I understand, it can't be done, there is no exporter, the Aftermath people have somehow managed to use some sort of expensive Model capturing software to capture the meshes for their project, but they won't tell anyone what they used.  However, many of the Legacy meshes were designed by Rick Knox (AKA Pneumonic81/P81/Knox1701), who used to mod Bridge Commander and SFC, and he imported many of his BC/SFC meshes into Legacy, so, chances are you can probably find what you need by looking up his old mods on BCFiles or SFCFiles.

Offline deadthunder2_0

• Cookies: 39
  • Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel
    • Modders of Steel Home page
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 04:48:39 PM »
I'm trying to work on stock legacy ships namingly the harpy, and the ent ships
Support the Post TNG Ship Pack

Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel,
We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 08:50:20 PM »
The folks over at Facepunch seem adept at ripping models from games, including Legacy, as that link shows.

They don't seem to discuss the ripping methods in public, though. My guess is it's illegal.
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!