Author Topic: Vivace Class USS Voyager-A [Prometheus Retexture]  (Read 2267 times)

Offline topas

• Cookies: 6
Vivace Class USS Voyager-A [Prometheus Retexture]
« on: January 31, 2010, 12:55:47 PM »
Hi!

I've been playing BC and enjoying numerous mods for the game since 2003; yet it is this week I kinda decided to make a small modification of my own.
As a starter I wanted to change the LCARS on the Prometheus bridge. I like the design of the bridge a lot; the 'blackness' of the displays bothered me though and wanted to make the display space a bit more 'crowded'; so the panels are filled with information; as it should be on a command center of a starship.. not 4 monitors per station..

Anyway; had lots of fun doing this and at a certain point decided to experiment with reflections; then with red alert bars, msd, doors... And finally ended up with something you'd call a complete overhaul :D
Anyway; first wanting to create a generic bridge I finally decided it would go well with the Vivace class, which I always liked a lot;

I'm happy to present WIP shots representing the present stage
Decided for a beige/brown tune to give it a warm and cosy look; plus wanted to make the LCARS backlit sort in a way they were in the first seasons of TNG.. ..hopefully managed to :P

Many things are still to be done;
- Animate the LCARS on workstations [as for now only the Mission Ops 1 is fully animated]
- Acquire permissions from the Lcars creator -> 'explorer' from www. lcars. com [first I thought of 'private use' fun; but wanting to release it now; so this will be a must]
- Acquire permission from the original bridge creators
- Add reflections to all fitting panels and surfaces
- Compensate for the texture distortion in the above-the-viewscreen area

Hope you like it
Comments and critics appreciated

Cheers
Topas

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
Re: Vivace Class USS Voyager-A [Prometheus Retexture]
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 01:16:07 PM »
do us all a favor and don't add the reflections., They'll look stupid if you aren't using the same characters as the author.

Offline topas

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 01:22:48 PM »
Had exactly the same thoughts about the crew and decided not to include the characters in the reflections at the moment
What is being reflected is the bridge itself; ceiling panels mostly... I know it's rather unlikely for the guys to not be reflected at these angles; but well...for now it's a sort of compromise

;)

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 01:32:48 PM »
very nice retexture!!  :D
hopefully youll do other bridges when youre completed fine-tuning this one :)

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 01:35:40 PM »
yeah dump those reflections ;) Finally some action in bridge modding, I like overall look of LCARS now, reminds me of Intrepid bridge. There are some minor textures positioning issues like science stations markings covered partially by pillar but these are minor details, LCARS are nicely composed and what's more they look really estheticaly ;) great job and keep it up.

Have a cookie for encouragemet, there's VERY few of us (bridge modders) and we can't have enough bridges ;)

Offline Barihawk

• Ninth Fleet STO Commanding Officer
  • Cookies: 225
  • BC: The Aftermath Member
    • My Released Work
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 03:43:12 PM »
To be honest, I like the reflections. This is a very nice bridge.

As for permissions, 3rd Era allows any modification of their work but you must use the original readme format (just change the relevant information and only add your name/team's name in addition to the original credits).

Offline topas

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 04:26:49 PM »
Thx all for comments, suggestions and useful info on the permission issues;

Meanwhile; updated the bridge by:
- naming the stations
- fixing the station being partially covered by pillar
- fixing some minor texture distortions at Brex' station

Still to do:
- fixing a previosuly not spotted bug as shown in bottom right corner

- LCARS animations; which will take the most of the time

----------
PS:
Decided to make 2 versions [with and without reflections] as it seems to be a matter of taste as it seems ;)

---------E D I T--------
Loading screen proposal:

Offline Barihawk

• My Released Work
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 05:34:04 PM »
This looks brilliant and I can't wait to see your take on other bridges that could use a facelift. I like your LCARS scheme and the fact that the panels are somewhat faded like they are on the show.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 07:23:44 PM »
This looks brilliant and I can't wait to see your take on other bridges that could use a facelift. I like your LCARS scheme and the fact that the panels are somewhat faded like they are on the show.
showS.  it's been a long time since I watched any of them, but they look like the plastic overlays I always thought they were, rather than the computer screens I found out they were, courtesy of an ex (who claims to have consulted on nearly everything, being certified in computer everything :P)  if I was on a better Graphics card, this would go into my bridge sets as soon as it was uploaded.  beautifully done.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline RifleMan80

• BC Veteran since February, 2002
  • Cookies: 136
  • BC Machinima Bridge Commander Elder (Feb 02)
    • Rifle's Bridge Commander Machinima
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 07:46:23 PM »
Mother of god this looks good. The best bridge retexture I've seen yet.

A True Riker's Beard!

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 03:12:09 AM »
Mother of god this looks good. The best bridge retexture I've seen yet.
Aye that be true mate ! My proposition on loading screen would be something like idle view screen mode in Elite Force 2 on Enterpise-E (bars on top and bottom with ship class, name and LCARS mode, blue-golden UFP logo in the centre, and ship reg, name, class and organisation -UFP name below it)

Offline topas

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 04:07:26 PM »
Hi guys;

Many thanks for the positive feedback; encourages me to continue with my first project ;)
Decided to go into detail and obviously chosen the 'hard way'...

Engineering 1 Station with custom made displays; especially for the Vivace class - all monitors except for the bottom left one are already animated :)
There's very little info on this vessel; so decided to draw those based from screenshots of the ship model

[reflections are a test - version without is there too]

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2010, 04:44:21 PM »
Looking awesome dude :) You make me wanna dig up BSG (animations...), Krakow (new Post Dom-War Excelsior set to replace Ambassador set) and early TMP sets to finish them up... yeah I know I'm lazy :P
My suggestion, would be great to see some Intrepid specific LCARS like mission ops panel (both behind Tuvok and Kim) also one station could have differently shaped screens to make one unique ;) as far as I remember Prommie bridge has each LCARS station divided to two maps which makes it one of the best retexture playgrounds ever created so possibilities are huge ;)

Offline topas

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2010, 05:13:19 PM »
Thx;
Nice idea with differently shaped screens, Bones

In fact I want to do this with the helm; which looks kinda 'boring' to me atm.. Maybe a forward-nav monitor would fit there; well, will experiment for sure and post ideas ;)
And..
Already implemented a sort of such solution on those two backstations; dividing the lcars panels into smaller, separate monitors:

But for now I just want to develop and animate each station's lcars; think it'll be ok as it is with the current idea to be continued. The set is indeed a nice piece of a bridge to be retextured; so there's a lot room for invention in other versions to come in the future ;)

Offline Barihawk

• My Released Work
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2010, 06:12:01 PM »
I hate to say it, but I'd like to see your take on my Early TNG Bridge V2. While I could very much handle the environmental aspects of a bridge, the LCARS panels and lighting are what murdered me.

Offline battlestations

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2010, 06:47:27 PM »
I love it but it is just a little busy

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2010, 08:09:15 PM »
please avoid bumping threads that are more than a few months old...

thx :)