Author Topic: CyAn1d3s Bridge  (Read 1472 times)

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
CyAn1d3s Bridge
« on: February 18, 2010, 01:12:04 PM »
i got bored in the midst of all my waiting on the army, and did this for kicks.
im thinking a generic bridge, but its too small for anything other than medium to small cruisers, so i was thinking more or less aimed at the gladiator.
(yes those are edited sovvy C.O. chairs, i couldnt model out better ones.... :( )

lemme know whatcha think, and if anyone wants to throw in a hand, im game (espcially the lcars and MOSTLY the animations)
i started textures as you can see. that console inbetween the tac and helm is where the MSD goes FYI
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
Re: CyAn1d3s Bridge
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 01:15:29 PM »
Thats quite good. However, I'd make the back wall (where you've got a big clunky looking door) an MSD screen with 2 small turbolift doors to the side of it.

And if you stick with that section between the CO/XO's chair, put a cupholder in. :P
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline CyAn1d3

• RETIRED
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 01:33:26 PM »
theres never a friggin cup holder where you need it....
i might do that, i know theres some things that need some changing around, the reason for the doors there is when i initially started this it was for the gladiator, and theres no turbolifts on that small thing, but i may expand the size and move some things around. or i could just make that space between the doors and the woodgrain banister larger and put the MSD there like the Excalibur bridge does
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Barihawk

• Ninth Fleet STO Commanding Officer
  • Cookies: 225
  • BC: The Aftermath Member
    • My Released Work
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 07:31:48 PM »
I like it. Small and compact.

Offline andyp

• Cookies: 28
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 02:07:03 AM »
interesting design, i would recommend making the side stations look more like the standard federation bridge consoles, like from the excelsior, or sovereign  consoles i attached a picture of what the side would look like from an official blue print

the other recommendation would be to make the helm and ops consoles, smaller, or else just one console, such as a defiant like console, or like the one we see on the raven, or Olympic class see attached pic for that.
You may know me as Batoy853 elsewhere...

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 06:30:24 AM »
Wow dude this looks really impressive, I wish at least few bridges could pass through final stages of production... animations.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 07:15:06 AM »
looks like "USS Corporate Headquarters".  must be the chair shapes.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Viper

• Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: -65520
  • BC Legend
    • KAG
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 02:24:49 AM »
Wow dude this looks really impressive, I wish at least few bridges could pass through final stages of production... animations.

Speaking from experience, thats the hardest and longest part to bridges.  And the main reason most of us retired.  You could make a really great bridge in a week or so, but the animations would take months to get right.
Viper
"The original Meister der Brucken"

Offline CyAn1d3

• RETIRED
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2010, 12:27:25 PM »
ive been tinkering around in MAX alot with animations and such, trying to get my metal gear rex model to walk, theoretically couldnt i just animate the characters on the bridge set, then just ex the animations?
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline CptBenSisko

• Cookies: 6
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2010, 11:35:03 PM »
how about directly behind the captain and xo you put the tactical station..and have some form of MSD right behind him..like in on the Enterprise-D bridge in 'TNG: Paralles' the one episode where Worf is bouncing between realities..the last one hes in hes first officer of the Enterprise and Wesley is the Tactical officer..there is this giant MSD looking thing between Wesley and the back consoles on the bridge.

You do have enough room there for it. make it somewhat transparent.

edit: here is a screencap from the episode i was describing

Offline CyAn1d3

• RETIRED
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010, 12:18:09 PM »
thats actually not a bad idear... :D

i started another one this is actually what i liked the arsenal bridge to look like.

ill take the ideas into the other bridge and show you all next week

Cy - 1-12-15

Offline battlestations

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2010, 06:40:55 PM »
I like the bridge, it is a good design but i would do away with the table in the back and replace it with control panel stand for the tactical officer like the one behind the first officer chair on the sovereign bridge. and i would make it long enough to go behind both command chairs but it's your bridge i dont want to get in the way of your design

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2010, 08:09:28 PM »
please avoid bumping threads that are more than a few months old...

thx :)

Offline Hellsgate

• Administrator, "Star Trek: New Worlds"
  • Cookies: 2
  • Administrator, "Star Trek: New Worlds"
    • =^=Star Trek: New Worlds=^=
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2010, 03:19:41 AM »

I absolutely love this bridge. (see attachment above.)

I have to agree with andyp and the comment about the Ent-E tactical 'standing-position' station + singular-officer Raven/Defiant-style conn/helm.
If At First You Don't Succeed, So Much For Skydiving.

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2010, 07:57:51 AM »
I absolutely love this bridge. (see attachment above.)

I have to agree with andyp and the comment about the Ent-E tactical 'standing-position' station + singular-officer Raven/Defiant-style conn/helm.

please avoid bumping threads that are more than a few months old...

thx :)

There's no point in continuing to bump threads, especially since Jimmy has literally just said something.  Normally I don't say anything, but Hellsgate, this seems to be a hobby for you.

I won't say any more, I'm no moderator.  Just giving a word of advice...