Author Topic: I liked early Q  (Read 453 times)

Offline Psyco Diver

• Cookies: 3
I liked early Q
« on: February 18, 2010, 04:50:12 PM »
I've been rewatching TNG since its a TV at a reasonable time and I gotta say I love what they were doing with Q early on. Its very clear hes testing them and trying to push their minds to expand or force them back home. I was watching "Q Who" and I love how he was trying to teach Picard how ready they really are not. I just plain like how the writers put that other side of the story about exploring to fast to much. Altough I don't really like how they made Q into a comic relief in one to many episodes. I'm glad they brought him back in the last episode trying to teach Picard a lesson about about time paradoxs (or something like that) I know alot of people don't like Q I have a feeling thats cause of the writers did later, or is it just me?

Offline Lionus

• Cookies: 79
Re: I liked early Q
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 05:43:13 PM »
In before first Voyager-bashing post.  :D
Star Trek Quad-nacelle fanboy Extraordinaire

StarFleet Research and Development Crash Test Dummie/Test pilot

"Beyond the rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me."

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
Re: I liked early Q
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 06:03:13 PM »
I enjoyed both Enterprise and Voyager a great deal. Although there will always be a special place in my heart for TNG and DS9 (grew up watching TNG when I was 5 years old), both Enterprise and Voyager had a fair amount of good episodes. So no "Voyager-bashing" from me.

As for Q, yes I agree that the "early Q" was better in some ways. But I liked Q's "humanity" better in the later incarnations. 2 of his appearances on Voyager I especially enjoyed, specifically Death Wish (with the "suicidal" Q later known as Quinn), and The Q and The Grey (Civil War in the continuum).
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera