Author Topic: Prop art! If anyone is into this post yours!!!  (Read 871 times)

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
Prop art! If anyone is into this post yours!!!
« on: February 22, 2010, 12:33:00 AM »
I haven't any photos of the actual emitter yet, I will post those tomorrow, but...I've been working in photoshop for the Circut insert on the bottom of the Emitter.  Picture below, as well as a picture of a friend's emitter prop :).  What I intend on doing is cut a piece of styrene plastic in the shape of the insert, paint it silver/chrome and print the reversed image of the graphic on transparency paper, then apply the graphic to the plastic insert and glue into place.  HOPEFULLY it'll look more like a circut :D
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Re: Prop art! (First up...Holo Doc's Holoemitter!)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 09:19:56 AM »
That's really neat! Could be useful in other applications. ;)

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 02:23:55 PM »
That's really neat! Could be useful in other applications. ;)

Could be, specifics?

Anyways...I promised photos so here they are!.  So far all I've done is sanded the casting a bit, I plan on using sheet styrene on the back (once I've completely flattened it) and putty/sand smooth :)

EDIT:  SOrry for the not so great photos, camera SUCKS :(
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 08:38:55 PM »
I mean if you learn to do textures well enough, you could get into 3D prop modeling and texturing.

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 09:35:52 PM »
I mean if you learn to do textures well enough, you could get into 3D prop modeling and texturing.

Oh, I'm already trying to learn that LOL

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
Re: Prop art! If anyone is into this post yours!
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 01:08:20 AM »
Prop Art...yeah...I love it!

I've been nostalgic the last few days and went as far as to watch the entire Power Rangers Movie on Youtube...

Made me break out two lovely little pieces I worked on a while back.

They're The Original MMPR Morpher Toys with much more accurate stickers and one of them even has a paintjob...as well as the coins, and I need to find my Sabertoothed Tiger coin.  *sighs* sometimes I wish I were a kid again :D:D:D

Tommy Coins I bought off ebay and painted and dull coated.  Though I'm planning on somehow getting them shinier (as in electroplated gold shine)

Oh, and I've changed the name of the thread :D.  If anyone wants to post prop replicas they've collected then go right on ahead.