Author Topic: NX PDW Bridge and USS Righteous WIP  (Read 4663 times)

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
Re: NX to PDW Bridge remodel WIP
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2010, 04:48:13 PM »
are these bridges (love the one from st:borg) going to be specific or generic?
also, and i know you are new to these... but what about active displays as in shield status monitor, hull damage, weapons status. (not sure the last ones ever been done) may be have these on the MSD its always seemed like the MSD should show more than it does.

The NX PDW currently generic (the st:borg one is specific USS Righteous).

Like your idea about MSD. Haven't experimented with ship status/damage/etc but as you suggest these prob work better with specific bridges rather than generic, unless can think of clever way to it  :)   Prob something to try in future...

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2010, 05:21:46 PM »
It's brilliant, I might have a suggestion about the LCARS, they are now a bit too cluttered, kind of the same mistake I made on PDW Excelsior/Ambassador reskin but that is easy to fix ;) also you need to find a way to make letters on transparent LCARS non-transparent I think color change to white would work the trick

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2010, 07:16:50 PM »
i *love* what youve done with this bridge!   :dance :yay:
any chance you could take a quick vid of how it appears at red alert?
frankly, i could care less how it appears, this will definitely be in my install no matter what; im just eager and cant wait lol :P
*moar cookeez*

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2010, 10:02:21 AM »
How many cookies, can you eat? oh BTW have another.
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2010, 11:30:33 AM »
Thanks as always for feedback  :)

It's brilliant, I might have a suggestion about the LCARS, they are now a bit too cluttered, kind of the same mistake I made on PDW Excelsior/Ambassador reskin but that is easy to fix ;) also you need to find a way to make letters on transparent LCARS non-transparent I think color change to white would work the trick

Main crew lcars and inspiration are from your PDW reskin  :)  Can you suggest a fix?  Agree about transparent prob also, that was my mistake. But it's a pain to fix, lol

i *love* what youve done with this bridge!   :dance :yay:
any chance you could take a quick vid of how it appears at red alert?

Same prob as other bridges, J.  Relightmapping seems to erase red alert status. Real shame as this bridge really needs it!   Soon as I learn how to remap-in changing alert will do  :)   Oh, and how to animate doors, which is another pain  :(

And for Bones, this is my old reskin of Excel bridge for your original Krakow...

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2010, 12:07:54 PM »
Same prob as other bridges, J.  Relightmapping seems to erase red alert status. Real shame as this bridge really needs it!   Soon as I learn how to remap-in changing alert will do  :)   Oh, and how to animate doors, which is another pain  :(
aaargh that is a shame indeed...  seems if you can figure out those things, BC will wind up having a whole lot of new bridges in the future!
have you tried to contact Mark about that?  or even perhaps LC (aka "Legacy" over at the Excal forums) or even Sean or Viper?  those guys would surely know all about that, especially Mark and LC...
im sure if you tried to contact them, they could offer some advice?

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2010, 12:08:53 PM »
OMG :eek send this to me NOW PLEASEEEEEE it looks ... stunning ! I could work on it and finish it off while you would prepare the PDW NX bridge, the point is each LCARS screen should be alligned to ... dunno how to call these... 'trees' IDK lol... those golden or grey bars that serve the purpose of connections or something like that, just look on Nemesis Sov bridge and you'll see what I mean ;)

P.S. I knew I saw these LCARS somewhere :P

oh and COOKIE away for you good mister :D

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2010, 12:25:14 PM »
aaargh that is a shame indeed...  seems if you can figure out those things, BC will wind up having a whole lot of new bridges in the future!
have you tried to contact Mark about that?  or even perhaps LC (aka "Legacy" over at the Excal forums) or even Sean or Viper?  those guys would surely know all about that, especially Mark and LC...
im sure if you tried to contact them, they could offer some advice?

Have tried Mark without success...shall I try others?  Figure they have their own probs/time issues.  Gotta theory though about red alert; will experiment and post results  :)

P.S. I knew I saw these LCARS somewhere :P

lol  :)   is it the Excel (actually it's the EntB bridge) reskin you want me to send? 

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2010, 12:31:52 PM »
lol  :)   is it the Excel (actually it's the EntB bridge) reskin you want me to send? 

yes that's the one :D

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2010, 12:55:15 PM »
Have tried Mark without success...shall I try others? 
hmmm id say fire off another PM to Mark over at Excal forums lol  and ya i would definitely try to contact the others (try MLeo as well, tho he hasnt been here to BCC in a few months now)...  LC (Legacy) is pretty much only at Excal forums, but you can try firing off a PM to him as well...  tho it is true those guys are really busy these days, it is worth annoying those guys if it means you can break this barrier of bridge modding lol
Gotta theory though about red alert; will experiment and post results  :)
ooooh i really *really* hope youre successful!!  ill keep my fingers crossed for ya...  :)

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2010, 02:08:57 PM »
So my theory panned out... now just have to refine  :)   Added maps to bridge script.  Cloned dome and light poles and gave them different lightmaps.  All a bit crude, but I'll carry on experimenting and see if get better overall look.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2010, 02:28:07 PM »
sweeeet :D

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2010, 03:28:20 PM »
So my theory panned out... now just have to refine  :)  
good deal!   :thumbsup:

All a bit crude
not to worry, its all new to you right now; with time and practice youll get better and better :)

out of curiosity, how were you able to do the alert lightmapping thing that you werent able to before?  unless it is complex and tedious to explain; i was just curious...

Offline hobbs

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2010, 06:28:31 AM »
no hope you dont mind me putting my 2 pence worth in:

jimmy: i think he made the ceiling and side lights changeable, like the red alert screens. then copied the textures and made one set red
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2010, 07:44:46 AM »
indeed...  map swapping isnt too difficult using BP Core; i thought he meant something different...

Offline deadthunder2_0

• Cookies: 39
  • Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel
    • Modders of Steel Home page
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2010, 08:23:13 AM »
Damn, would go great on the cortez or soboski
Support the Post TNG Ship Pack

Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel,
We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2010, 10:39:01 AM »
Lol DT it's PDW bridge afterall :facepalm: after Lurok finishes it I can easyli slap Sobieski MSD into it and voila ;) of course that's if Lurok gives me permission ;)

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2010, 12:55:34 PM »
@hobbs & Jimmy... yeah, map swapping.  Sorry didn't explain, but you guys got it. Still working away, but thanks to Bones EarlyTMP have better template and will post results when finished.

Lol DT it's PDW bridge afterall :facepalm: after Lurok finishes it I can easyli slap Sobieski MSD into it and voila ;) of course that's if Lurok gives me permission ;)

of course  :)

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2010, 06:09:52 PM »
first attempt at red alert mapswapping.  Some of maps got a bit screwed up lol  :) but kinda works (if a major pain to do!).  

Thoughts: keep with overall red look, or traditional darken bridge?  Maybe just have dome and fluorescents go to red?  

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2010, 08:11:12 PM »
hmmmmm, that is intresting, would not be to hard to get use to.
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?