Author Topic: Intrepid class tech specs  (Read 3527 times)

Offline deadthunder2_0

• Cookies: 39
  • Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel
    • Modders of Steel Home page
Re: Intrepid class tech specs
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2010, 07:07:49 PM »
let me settle this-
We will never know
Support the Post TNG Ship Pack

Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel,
We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2010, 10:15:51 PM »
Oh look, colors. I prefer Caps Lock myself.

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2010, 11:19:54 PM »
And good ol' red white and blue :D
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2010, 02:11:54 AM »
And good ol' red white and blue :D
Damn right lol.

let me settle this-
We will never know
QFT. Like I've said before in this thread Anew, its your game, balance your Intrepid however you want. Honestly any kind of tech specs presented here or that you find on the internet is speculation, so your idea of how strong the Intrepid is is just as valid as anyone elses.

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2010, 07:21:34 AM »
It's a game, it's balanced for entertainment and.. Balance. Each extra ship was added through modding, and when you have a community bigger than a handful, setting a guideline for ship numbers is hard work (I don't think we even have something to say "Right, this ship is agreed to be accurate to X hardpoint as a DN, so all DN's should be somewhere in this region" if you get what I mean.)

Lastly, it's initially made for balance, you'll find the basic ships are reasonably balanced to each other, even if it doesn't fit canon, because playability greatly outweighs the other. But as has been said, it's your install, if you feel the intrepid should be X values, then set them as much as you can within the confines of the outdated game engine. Nothing wrong with using some sources other than the show as has been said as well, but Voyager seemed less consistant than even old Galactica.  :funny So you'll have a hard time finding the absolute correct values.

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.