Author Topic: Which key bridges are missing? (POLL)  (Read 3371 times)

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
Which key bridges are missing? (POLL)
« on: April 02, 2010, 08:10:40 PM »
Assuming I'll finish Rotarran, and Baz the TMP Ent/Reliant/Grissom, are there any key bridges missing?  I was contemplating the D-7 but a hell of a job  :)   Any suggestions?  

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Re: Which key bridges are missing?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 08:31:28 PM »
Klingon bridge from TMP.

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 10:36:00 PM »
Well with the exception of STIII all Klingon bridges are pretty much the same, although in ST IV they had those consoles in front of the captain's chair, so the Rotaran covers a lot of Klingon designs from TNG/DS9/VOY/ENT. (Not that I'm discouraging you from doing another one mind you  ;)  )

The Nova is a key bridge that I can think of that could probably be done easy (easy is a relative term). Use the Intrepid animations for Saffi and Prometheus for the rest, working from the Prometheus bridge itself. The Romulan Warbird bridge could be modified from the Nebula to create the one from DS9's "The Die is Cast." Runabout cockpit is one we don't have, along with the Delta Flyer, you could probably adapt the type 11 cockpit animations to work with those, I'm sure there's more I just can't think of them off the top of my head.

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 12:13:48 AM »
Technically, we sort of do have the Runabout cockpit.  You just have to do some slight alterations to the Type 11 cockpit.  Sort of the reverse of what was done in filming.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline mckinneyc

• Screenshot Master
  • Cookies: 151
  • Screenshot Master
    • My DA page
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 01:16:01 AM »
I would love to see the Galaxy class Battle Bridge make an appearance using the Ambie Bridge as a template.

Also how about the Hathaway and Bozeman bridges too as they all use the same basic set.

Also the Nebula bridge could be reworked into the Saratoga's bridge.

Well that's my two cents.

Offline Nihilus

• Cookies: 14
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 04:46:47 AM »
I was going to start a new thread about this but posting it in here seems more appropriate... Sovereign Class Bridge.

We do have outstandingly beautiful Sovereigns to play with, (the JLS Sovereign springs to mind), but no real FC or INS/NEM quality Bridge to pair with it.  I'm not sure which Sovereign Bridge everyone would want, considering the view screen changes between First Contact and Insurrection, but personally I like the Insurrection one the best.

First Contact's Holographic View Screen compared to the one from Nemesis, (which is the same as Insurrection)...

Offline leemason

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 04:48:32 AM »
Shuttles the type 11 cockpit is brilliant, so I would love to see a type 6 and 8. And the small type 15 would be good.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 06:01:41 AM »
You could ask Newman if he would allow you to port his Danube cockpit (originally meant for BC, now it's for Excalibur) into BC and work on it ;)

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 07:11:15 AM »
personally, I wouldn't mind a copy of Klaa's personalized "gunner's rig" bridge setup...about the only thing decent besides the humor that came out of trek 5.

btw, is DS9's Ops too much to bother with?  or can we get the DS9fx guys on that a little?
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline KrrKs

• Cookies: 25
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 08:11:23 AM »
Next to no race except the Federation has Bridges (Ok, there are the Galor and a old BoP bridge and your Klingon Bridge but that's it), so (as Nero) I would love a Romulan Bridge. A Dominion Bridge would  also be great and of course as this is BC a Kessok Bridge, maybe a Gorn and a Ferengi Bridge, a Vulcan Bridge would be neat, a new NX era Bridge, a Reman Bridge, a TOS and TMP Romulan Bridges... ... ...  :hithead: . Hey you asked!

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 08:37:34 AM »
Most of all suggestions are great, but EVERYONE, is overlook the Olympic [capt beverly picard].

OH and Non Trek , Galaxy Quest.
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 09:31:12 AM »
Thanks for all useful feedback to date :)  Will run a poll, but some thoughts so far:

* said D-7 but meant the Amar/Ktinga bridge from ST:TMP.  That would be a longterm proj.

* various BoP - will probably try and do a ST V/VI variant;  the periscope would be fun to try but a pain to animate!

* Romulan - a revamped Nebula for Warbird,  and Sov for Norexan probably easiest.  Mainly just changing some consoles and details, then retexturing

* Shuttles - the Type 11 could prob be modified relatively easily for the ST V Galileo, Generations shuttle and maybe the Runabout if not able to port the Newman/Excal version.   The Type 6/8 would be a little more work. 

* Nova - worth a try as could see how might be done.

* Unless there was a huge demand, the various reconfigs (hathaway, battle bridge, saratoga etc) could be retextures.

* Some bridges will just be too big a job or need more info:  DS9 ops, Scimitar, Jem Hadar, Delta Flyer.

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2010, 11:34:18 AM »
just though of a relativly easy scripters fix.  the Kessok bridge is whole and ready to go, not a partial like all the other non-fed bridges.  it may only need the placement scripts in it.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2010, 11:50:14 AM »
I could cover any retextures, Relativity bridge is already made tho it's not finished and I dunno how much completed it is ...

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2010, 02:41:17 PM »
Didn't know there was a Kessok and Relativity bridge.  More info?  :)   Was also surprised no-one mentioned JJprise bridge.

Anyway, here's rough draft of possible RomWarB using nebula config (seated science and engineering will be scripted to setstanding, natch)...

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2010, 02:53:19 PM »
BC itself has a full on bridge file for the kessok.  it was most likely planed to be converted for use later, as it's as intact as the D and E bridges, has a full set of textures ready to go, appears to have everything but a viwscreen access setup (the frame appears to be there).  try browsing through bc's goodies, including the sets, with nifskope (which I use for my reskins).

no-one's mentioned the JJ bridge probably because everybody took one look and said either "that's friggin ugly" or "that's too damn complicated".  besides, knowing our resident JJers, wiley's probably allready got it in the creationm list :P
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline Morgan

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2010, 03:01:00 PM »
Was also surprised no-one mentioned JJprise bridge.
Well to be honest I had a little  :drink3: when I posted my suggestions so...yeah  :D

Warbird bridge is looking good so far. If you go to You Tube you can search for DS9's The Die is Cast they have the full episode there, if you're in need of reference pics. Thanks for making the Warbird bridge happen it'll be nice to have some alien variety.

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2010, 04:48:07 PM »
just though of a relativly easy scripters fix.  the Kessok bridge is whole and ready to go, not a partial like all the other non-fed bridges.  it may only need the placement scripts in it.
lolno picture related

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2010, 05:34:59 PM »
heh the kessok bridge looks rather lame - might be better off just building one from scratch :P

also, regarding the warbird bridge - i wonder if the one built by Occas in 2003 is around somewhere?  it had issues, but could prolly be improved upon...

Offline Morgan

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2010, 07:02:04 PM »
regarding the warbird bridge - i wonder if the one built by Occas in 2003 is around somewhere?  it had issues, but could prolly be improved upon...
I used to keep a burn a bunch of mods onto CD's when I was younger and didn't have high-speed (saved time from re-downloading on dial-up), that warbird bridge was on one of those CD's, I'll dig around for it but the chances of me finding it are slim considering I've moved a couple times since then  :(