Author Topic: 2 Problems/Questions  (Read 674 times)

Offline Knightro

• Cookies: 0
2 Problems/Questions
« on: April 06, 2010, 12:15:53 PM »
Let me first admit it right up front. I'm a n00b to BC Mods. yea yea I know Epic Fail.  :facepalm: but I have 2 questions. I'm currently running the BC Supermod 3 (3.0), with BCMI and BCMP, and a few other stand alone's added in, a few ships, bridges and re-skins of bridge personal (Saffi)

But the questions I have existed from the first install of Supermod 3. First one is in the very first battle mission. Where you rendezvous with the Sovereign after her warp drive breaks down then Romulans and Klingons go at it. I can't come even close to passing the level. The Warbirds cloak almost immediately, and when they uncloak decimate the BoP's in seconds. What's going on there?

Second has to do with the Europa and Galaxy Dreadnoughts. How do you fire the mega phaser canon. I can only seem to fire phasers, torps and the pulse canons on the dorsal side of the saucer. Does the mega canon even fire? I think I have the same issue with the Neghvar as well...and any other ships with more then 3 weapons.  :help:

Thanks for the help....after ya'll stop ROTFLMAO'ing  ;)

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
Re: 2 Problems/Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 01:12:37 PM »
hmmm...  doesnt seem like youre having a problem with BC itself, so ill move this to BC General...

as far as BCMI and BCMP - you should get rid of those programs, really...  they are old and outdated and have been known to cause problems...  you should look into using Bridge Commander Universal Tool (aka BCUT) instead...  that program does everything those others did, and a whole lot more...

as far as BC Supermod, that mod really wasnt designed to work with any other mod at all...  it is generally meant for its own BC install, with nothing else added onto it...  most people have 2 BC installs when they want BC Supermod for SP (one for BCSupermod only, and another for modding)...

however, thats not causing a problem either...  BC Supermod was designed to make SP much much harder; there have been a handful of people that felt the HPs were way too strong and barely possible to play...  you can adjust any of the ships HPs (using BCUT's hardpoint tweaker) to make the ships perform more to your liking (as far as in battle)...  if youre not sure about that, you could make a thread specifically for that subject in BC Modding forum...

personally, ive never tried BC Supermod so i really cant suggest anything to go about getting through the missions or about the ships weaponry...  perhaps there are others out there who have played BC Supermod and can post input about how SP performs with it, and how ships perform?

Offline Knightro

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 01:14:43 PM »
hmmm...  doesnt seem like youre having a problem with BC itself, so ill move this to BC General...

as far as BCMI and BCMP - you should get rid of those programs, really...  they are old and outdated and have been known to cause problems...  you should look into using Bridge Commander Universal Tool (aka BCUT) instead...  that program does everything those others did, and a whole lot more...

as far as BC Supermod, that mod really wasnt designed to work with any other mod at all...  it is generally meant for its own BC install, with nothing else added onto it...  most people have 2 BC installs when they want BC Supermod for SP (one for BCSupermod only, and another for modding)...

however, thats not causing a problem either...  BC Supermod was designed to make SP much much harder; there have been a handful of people that felt the HPs were way too strong and barely possible to play...  you can adjust any of the ships HPs (using BCUT's hardpoint tweaker) to make the ships perform more to your liking (as far as in battle)...  if youre not sure about that, you could make a thread specifically for that subject in BC Modding forum...

personally, ive never tried BC Supermod so i really cant suggest anything to go about getting through the missions or about the ships weaponry...  perhaps there are others out there who have played BC Supermod and can post input about how SP performs with it, and how ships perform?

Thanks Jimmy...like I said n00b...sounds like I should be using KM anywho.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 01:17:20 PM »
one thing about KM, tho - that wasnt designed for SP (Single Player) use...  it is suggested to have all mutators turned off if you want to play SP with KM, but you still may encounter crashes here and there :(

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 07:11:09 PM »
if you want to do Single player, I suggest the BC Supermod 3.1, it's designed specifically for SP.