Author Topic: Runabout - BETA release  (Read 8259 times)

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
Re: Runabout (type 11 remodel) WIP
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2010, 03:30:11 PM »
will you as the captain be stood at the centre console?

Yes, if can figure out rescripting position  :)  Next question then is whether to put Brex or Saffi at vacant position, again if can rescript.

and just to say... :bow: wow you doing good work

thanks. But only really building on others good work. And with help of Prime, Baz, Jimmy, Barihawk, Bones...

Quick question: Are you going to do both an early DS9 and late DS9 version of the cockpit or just one? Whichever you decide is cool I'm just curious.

This is the late DS9 version and undecided yet on early version.  Guess see how this goes down first when finished...

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2010, 06:08:55 AM »
I could always whip up a transporter pad if you so choose, bud!  :thumbsup:

I know who I'm nominating this month.  :angel

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2010, 07:03:10 AM »
I could always whip up a transporter pad if you so choose, bud!  :thumbsup:

Thanks Prime.  That would be great  :)   Can use in early and late versions, so useful....

Offline leemason

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2010, 09:53:29 AM »
This is just getting better and better every update. As for motm, I have a feeling Lurok91 will be popping up a lot this year :bow:

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2010, 04:23:52 PM »
Just some further minor revisions (lightmap changes, floor hatch, etc)

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2010, 05:10:42 PM »
Very cool, although I have to admit the screens by the door look a little to rectangular, they should be a bit more square.

Yes, if can figure out rescripting position  smile  Next question then is whether to put Brex or Saffi at vacant position, again if can rescript.
I'd stick Brex in the vacant seat and stuff Saffi in the transporter pad, but that's just me  :evil: If you do get the aft section modeled in you could throw her back there, out of the way  :)

Offline Villain

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2010, 06:55:09 AM »
Logic would dictate she'd be keeping an eye on the main ship/station, perhaps you could do as is in the Type 11 (If you figure out positions) but instead, have her accessed by clicking at the standing console. Would help give the feel you're contributing something while your team busily clicks away. ;)

---
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2010, 06:59:44 AM »
Minor update:  

Brex now in spare seat.  Have rescripted basecamera start to behind standing console (more or less as pic), so viewscreen direct ahead.  But...

When load into bridge, eyeline starts still off to left (as Type11 bridge) rather than straight ahead to viewscreen. It's a minor thing, as once move mouse you're pretty much dead on.  But just wondering if anyone knows how or if can adjust eyeline start from 'looking to right'   to straight ahead.  

As for Saffi...I did wonder whether there was a way to call her menu up if click on standing console (her voice is muted).  Any thoughts how this done?

If and when rear ever gets built (have a lot of other things to do first, lol)  I'm sure she'll be happy there  :)

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2010, 08:34:37 AM »
a few years ago, i asked mark a very similiar question about the galor bridge's viewscreen being offcenter...
i dunno if his thoughts on that particular matter might help in this instance...
http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,3300.0.html

As for Saffi...I did wonder whether there was a way to call her menu up if click on standing console (her voice is muted).  Any thoughts how this done?
just guessing here, but what about the SetLocation and/or SetLookAtAdj in the script?  :idk:

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2010, 09:33:40 AM »
Can't you take a look at the last shuttle bridge released? IIRC that was done.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline hobbs

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2010, 02:29:06 PM »
will you as the captain be stood at the centre console?

Yes, if can figure out rescripting position  :)  Next question then is whether to put Brex or Saffi at vacant position, again if can rescript.

awesome.. i see you have done it :) cooolness

(now we just need to open the airlock when no one is looking and get rid of the crew and have just me in command!!! :evil:)
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2010, 03:19:28 PM »
Just to let folks know:  been fiddling with crew placements and anims (bridge looks a 'little' bigger now they've moved over, lol).  But more importantly, Prime offered to model additions. Has already done transporter (looks great) and is working on rear section. 

Offline Morgan

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2010, 04:12:36 PM »
Good news  :yay:

Offline andyp

• Cookies: 28
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2010, 06:28:07 PM »
i would recommend checking out star trek blueprints they have the blue prints for the rear area, and then follow the link from there to the okudagrams forums, cause they have the lcars for the **** pit in there somewhere

this is the best i could do for ripping it from the site
You may know me as Batoy853 elsewhere...

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2010, 05:42:58 AM »
Update on LCARS :

here's first finished set of helm controls, color scheme fits early DS9 (beige,yellow,blue)

more coming soon ;)

pardon blank surroundings, I have only basic textures needed to preview displays (no LMs) :P

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2010, 09:25:20 PM »
I was wondering if the forward window frames were going to make an appearance? If I recall correctly, there were rounded frames inside the cut-out area.

This is looking great as a proof-of-concept project, but I think it'd bee a good idea to take a close look at the blueprints (if the cockpit blueprints are available) and some screengrabs over at TrekCore, as the proportions of various parts of the model need tweaking (for example, the port and starboard portholes appear very large indeed).

I applaud your inventivness, you have single-handedly kick-started the bridge modding scene here! :yay:
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2010, 06:40:30 PM »
wow...just wow, i cant w8. good luck on getting this extremely faboulous bridge/cockpit finished and for the love of everything holy,DONT GIVE UP ON IT!

Offline Villain

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2010, 10:52:14 AM »
A small update from me, and partial request...

I'm moving along on the rear section (Extra 'cubicles' only missing part of their work panels, bunks need door-things added on, rear section with the table still to be done). I can't, however, find any decent images of the ceiling, which deviates from the cockpit section from what I can tell. Does anybody remember specific episodes that show the aft section? Anything that gives a hint of the roof would be greatly appreciated, I promise!  :)

Model is a big mess right now, but when it looks a little more complete I'll throw up some renders.

Lurok mate, I'm considering using the window covers for the rear windows, unless you had any plans to use a starfield or something?

---

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2010, 11:42:08 AM »
Thanks Prime... and well done  :)   For advice on rear only thing I can suggest is Newman's old thread here, where he posted pics of his rear section ( :funny).   As for rear windows, I'll throw that one open to forum.  But probably less of a pain if windows closed. 

Offline Morgan

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2010, 12:46:07 PM »
Does anybody remember specific episodes that show the aft section?
Unfortunately the aft section only shows up in the one TNG episode. DS9 never showed it once.