Author Topic: Warbird (Nebula remodel) WIP  (Read 3553 times)

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
Warbird (Nebula remodel) WIP
« on: April 10, 2010, 03:33:58 PM »
Just to keep folks updated....

question for Jimmy/Mleo - can't get Science & Eng to stand.  Done it on lots of other bridges by SetStanding, but doesn't seem to work here either in Nebula bridge or characters scripts. Also tried console method.  I could change anim, but such a pain.  Wonder if there's a specific issue with the Neb scripts? 

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
Re: Warbird (Nebula remodel) WIP
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 04:32:55 PM »
Oh goooody
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 06:01:18 PM »
question for Jimmy/Mleo - can't get Science & Eng to stand.  Done it on lots of other bridges by SetStanding, but doesn't seem to work here either in Nebula bridge or characters scripts.
hmm thats a toughie...  it could be something with the nif; unfortuantely i know very little about that aspect (other than the SetStanding)...  and MLeo has kinda been gone from the scene for a while now, so i dont know if he would be able to chime in here...

edit - the more i think about it, the more im thinking it isnt the nif...  it might need some tweaking of the scripts, or a new anim for them?
i wish i knew more about such things to offer better advice :(

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 06:25:16 PM »
Whoa man ! :eek You're beggining to be kind of one man army  ;) you've introduced 5 new and different dridges so far where most of them had to be rebuild or re-animated and you've done it alone :bow: :thumbsup: kudos man !

as for C&C try to get new carpet for that bridge (maybe not kind of bare metal floor) let's show Romulans as kind of elegant designers when it comes to ships and put there grey/beige carpet ;) walls could be a tad darker shade of grey, typicall Romulan displays (pink/white/green/turquise)

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 06:38:05 PM »
Very nice work on the Warbird so far!

If I could chime in on your predicament, you may want to PM Mark or LC at the Excalibur forums and ask if the problem is serious enough, they may know whats causing the problem.

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 06:43:38 PM »
i was just taing to Mark about this and this is what he says:

Quote from: Mark
it wont work with any of the non-stock bridges as far as I know, but if it did their feet would be thru the floor.
setstanding just loads the legs into the straight position, but it wont compensate for height... you could use bridge plugin for that tho probably.
so its a case of checking whether it works on the other modded bridges... if it does then we need to be looking at the animation scripts to see whats different in there.

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 07:30:56 PM »
The model itself is not bad. The colors however, just don't 'feel' Romulan to me though. I'm not saying that you should slap green all over the place as that would feel more like the Borg didn't know what to change during assimilation. :D
But perhaps something to give it a more pleasing asthetic feel would be good.
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline Psyco Diver

• Cookies: 3
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 02:54:48 AM »
the rommies used alot of earth colors everytime I've seent their bridges. Usually a mixture of tans and browns, medium lighting, green lcars

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 07:07:37 AM »
Thanks as always for feedback :)  Don't forget this is still very much early WIP...lot to do  :)  I'm going to base this on the DS9 bridge so final version will be lightmapped much darker.   But all comments on colors taken on board.

Thanks for help, Jimmy, and kinds words, Bones.  :)  Having been a year abroad working just making up for lost time while have some free time  :)   and its fun.

Offline Nx-809

• Cookies: 25
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 09:56:30 AM »
In the galaxy bridge eng & Scie are up! try to look in the Dbridge script!!
This bridge is cool!! :thumbsup:

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 03:19:17 PM »
Some more WIP pics.  Slowly getting closer to DS9 model.  Lightmapping will make a big difference. 

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 04:14:43 PM »
oooh - that looks much better!   :thumbsup:

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 04:17:50 PM »
yeah it''s already looking far better... finally we're gonna have true Romulan bridge :D imagine that retexture BOOM after it's released (same goes to Rotarran bridge lol)

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2010, 04:39:12 PM »
Very cool! Finally more alien bridges  :D

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2010, 08:17:03 PM »
Modelling skills still basic but have redone cap chair and standing consoles. Will post more tomorrow.  Glad the texture changes/improvements worked...

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2010, 02:08:24 PM »
Redone cap chair and standing consoles.  Think st consoles better  :)   Added few more blue pipes, doors and viewscreen lcars.  One prob just noticed is the ViewScreen nif now too small!  :)   Changed it for excalibur one, which I think is biggest in BC, but still not quite right.  Is it poss to change size of viewscreen nif in Max?  

Would love some feedback from Barihawk, who I think has a good eye for textures and looks...

Assuming everyone happy, will finish few more details, then lightmap

EDIT:  UPDATED PICS

Offline Sean

• Retired Administrator
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1165
  • Site Co-Founder
    • Bridge Commander Central
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2010, 06:48:40 PM »
Changed it for excalibur one, which I think is biggest in BC, but still not quite right.  Is it poss to change size of viewscreen nif in Max?   

All you need to do is create a square infront of your main model, slightly bigger than the viewscreen area, convert to editable mesh and delete the unseen faces.

then select your whole model except the new face you have made, delete it, save as viewscreen.max and export using max 3 to NIF. once done your viewscreen should be perfect size.

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2010, 06:51:14 PM »
thanks Sean  :)   will try that...

Offline Barihawk

• Ninth Fleet STO Commanding Officer
  • Cookies: 225
  • BC: The Aftermath Member
    • My Released Work
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2010, 09:04:09 PM »
I'm going to reserve judgement on the environmental textures until you work on darkening the lightmaps. I do like the electronics panels very nicely, however.

Offline Psyco Diver

• Cookies: 3
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2010, 03:16:12 PM »
Cool can't wait, some of the past romulan bridges have been "interesting" and not in the good way lol this reminds me alot of the Valore bridge from Nemisis.