Author Topic: WIPs - Akira & VentureTMP  (Read 16757 times)

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
Re: BRIDGE WIPs (updated 12/10/10) -
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2010, 12:44:02 PM »
Haha! Awesome!

I love the addition of the lens flares! It just wouldn't be complete without them, would it?
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
Re: BRIDGE WIPs (updated 12/22/10)
« Reply #81 on: December 22, 2010, 01:38:40 AM »
big thank you to those who supported bridge WIP in 2010  :)

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
Re: BRIDGE WIPs (updated 12/22/10) - DEFIANT v4
« Reply #82 on: December 24, 2010, 09:38:56 AM »
Was just curious to see how Sean's v4 Defiant looked ingame, seeing as 90 per cent done bar animations and fixes.  Had to readjust axis to match the current v3 defiant nif.   From pics can see obvious changes,  and anims that need to change.  Bridge is less wide and richer darker colours.  Obvious model adjustments (helm, consoles, chairs etc).  Once anims and other fixes done for this, should be easily applied to Sao Paulo variant.

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #83 on: December 24, 2010, 01:50:27 PM »
Alright Lurok, for getting this bridge in-game you're officially my new God  :bow:

*cookied*

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #84 on: December 25, 2010, 01:03:28 AM »
Ah, now THAT'S more like it! :D

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #85 on: December 25, 2010, 09:27:18 AM »
The helm console is still too big, but otherwise, it'll be great to have a new updated Defiant bridge!  :D
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #86 on: December 25, 2010, 05:29:01 PM »
Looks fine to me??

If you were to tweak anything, I'd say you should tweak the light fittings in the pillars between the crew stations. In the show, the lights were flush with the pillars, not inflated out like in Sean's model.

It's still a MASSIVE, HUGE, GINORMOUS improvement over the previous Defiant bridge model!

MERRY CHRISTMAS, BTW!
And thank you graciously for all the lovely gifts, Lurok!
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #87 on: December 25, 2010, 06:55:04 PM »
The helm console is still too big, but otherwise, it'll be great to have a new updated Defiant bridge!  :D

It's too big? *looks* I can't see that it is?

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline andyp

• Cookies: 28
« Reply #88 on: December 25, 2010, 10:33:24 PM »
It's too big? *looks* I can't see that it is?

i think its just the camera angle, i think it looks fine. IF you look at the current defiant bridge that we have, now thats a huge helm. i was thinking it looks small lol
You may know me as Batoy853 elsewhere...

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
Re: BRIDGE WIPs - Sean's DEFIANT v4
« Reply #89 on: December 26, 2010, 03:37:53 AM »
Don't listen to any nitpicking Lurok - this is a great set and if you can get into BC you'll have so much gratitude from the community it won't even be funny.

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #90 on: December 26, 2010, 05:15:14 AM »
i think its just the camera angle, i think it looks fine. IF you look at the current defiant bridge that we have, now thats a huge helm. i was thinking it looks small lol

It may be angle.  This helm def a lot smaller, canon.   

If you were to tweak anything, I'd say you should tweak the light fittings in the pillars between the crew stations. In the show, the lights were flush with the pillars, not inflated out like in Sean's model.

Lights always bugged me on v3 model but assumed was canon.  You're right - from screencaps more flush than these look.  But v4 less pronounced. And toning down illumination may help.  I'll post new bridge pics later. 

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #91 on: December 26, 2010, 11:31:31 AM »
So resized lights, now as flush as can make. Having strange lightmap issue with captain console stand and bars under cap chair and helm (have to check with Sean).  Apart from that, principal anims done.   Have to redo extras so now move to back to Defiant.   Then red alert state.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #92 on: December 26, 2010, 11:36:17 AM »
love it!  :D  :thumbsup:

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #93 on: December 26, 2010, 12:28:16 PM »
Looks great!

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Picky

• http://img529.imageshack.us/i/pickyngm.png/
  • Cookies: 26
« Reply #94 on: December 26, 2010, 01:13:48 PM »
Very realistic! Unfortunately I have seen only few episodes of DS9, but this seems to be the more realistic bridge of BC.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #95 on: December 26, 2010, 06:08:15 PM »
It may be angle.  This helm def a lot smaller, canon.   

Lights always bugged me on v3 model but assumed was canon.  You're right - from screencaps more flush than these look.  But v4 less pronounced. And toning down illumination may help.  I'll post new bridge pics later. 

just a quick anecdote on the canon lighting:
Did you know that they never installed proper red alert/cloaked lighting on the set?  The original plans called for the lights to stay the same all the time but it was decided later to change them when at red alert/cloaking for effect.  whenever we see the lights change on the defiant on TV, any dimming effect was done in post, then they would cut and replace all the lightbulbs on the set.

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #96 on: December 27, 2010, 07:52:32 AM »
lol

:D Reminds me of Red Dwarf.

Lurok, excellent work on Sean's model!

Offline wdaughtrey1980

• Cookies: 1
Re: BRIDGE WIPs
« Reply #97 on: February 25, 2011, 04:22:11 PM »
hello can you send me your beta file for your jj-nx bridge thank you i would louv to play it ingame.

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
Re: BRIDGE WIPs
« Reply #98 on: February 25, 2011, 05:03:25 PM »
hello can you send me your beta file for your jj-nx bridge thank you i would louv to play it ingame.
Patience is a virtue
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
Re: Lurok91 BRIDGE WIPs
« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2011, 07:20:16 AM »
Current WIPs:  NX revamp at beta stage; if testers ok, then just needs season variants to do.   Valdore ingame ok and just needs finishing off but sort of kicked into long grass for mo (unless I get mobbed by Rommie fans  :))

Next up:  started Delta Flyer and can probably have done within a month.  Planning at moment to do all interior, i.e, both cockpit and rear cabin.   

Considering two other 'bridges'  based on Wiley's recent  creations - a fighter cockpit for Valkyrie, and cabin for Sovereign yacht. Please feel free to state any preferences as will give me idea of interest.  Valkyrie would be single-seater Type9 interior variant with all crew off-bridge (could do pretty quickly from my existing shuttle interior models),   yacht probably a Runabout/Defiant hybrid in style.   I assume there's no canon bridge sets for either craft?   But any links for reference material welcome  :)