Author Topic: Steam  (Read 766 times)

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
Steam
« on: April 20, 2010, 12:34:02 PM »
What the hell is up with Steam lately? This beta they're running seems to have destroyed my ability to play games, and I'm using the current version! Anyone else having this problem?

Also, anyone using the Beta? Anything to report?

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline limey BSc.

• JL Studios - Co-Founder
  • Cookies: 421
Re: Steam
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 12:36:14 PM »
What the hell is up with Steam lately? This beta they're running seems to have destroyed my ability to play games, and I'm using the current version! Anyone else having this problem?

Also, anyone using the Beta? Anything to report?

Using the Beta, worked flawlessly for me. What actual problems are you having?
MUSE!!!

Offline Villain

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 12:43:15 PM »
Using the current, non-beta/2010 Steam, any games purchased on Steam come up with "Steam Beta must be running" (Modern Warfare 2) or "Steam Beta must be active to view server list" for TF2.

I am apprehensive about switching to the new Steam as currently I'm not comfortable with the new layout (I only JUST got used to the current  :funny) And it seems it's still a very buggy program.

They're phasing me out and I don't like it!  :(

---
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline limey BSc.

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 12:55:49 PM »
Using the current, non-beta/2010 Steam, any games purchased on Steam come up with "Steam Beta must be running" (Modern Warfare 2) or "Steam Beta must be active to view server list" for TF2.

I am apprehensive about switching to the new Steam as currently I'm not comfortable with the new layout (I only JUST got used to the current  :funny) And it seems it's still a very buggy program.

They're phasing me out and I don't like it!  :(

The current beta will be the default soon enough. May as well just switch now and get it over with :P I'm surprised it's mandatory for anything while it's in beta though. I've not experience any bugs or anything. It's run much better than the old since I changed.
Best of all, the ingame browser actually works!
MUSE!!!

Offline Villain

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 01:35:19 PM »
Fixed it, couldn't join through steamfriends, but rediscovered the old HL1 era server browser list. Fixed TF2 at least.

Ingame browser always worked for me.  :lostit: Hell, used to use it to browse BCC sometimes.

---

Offline limey BSc.

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 01:47:38 PM »
Fixed it, couldn't join through steamfriends, but rediscovered the old HL1 era server browser list. Fixed TF2 at least.

Ingame browser always worked for me.  :lostit: Hell, used to use it to browse BCC sometimes.

Did it never just do nothing when you opened it? Just continue loading the page forever?
It did for me. It was damn annoying. Same thing happened with the community and store tabs in the main program. It all works flawlessly now though.
MUSE!!!