Author Topic: MeteorCreations BCC Gallery ( Updated 8-10-2007 Page 2 )  (Read 5530 times)

Offline Meteorafallen

• MeteorCreations Founder, UUM Art Director, Renderer, Texturer, Graphical Artist
  • Cookies: 48
  • Founder of MeteorCreations
    • MeteorCreations
Re: The Art Of Meteorafallen...
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2007, 09:21:41 AM »
That thought has crossed my mind, and i plan on releasing a wallpaper pack sometime down the road.

And on that note...heres a few more renders for everyone.
Have a look at my website MeteorCreations

Offline Legacy

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 1566
  • Praetor of the empire.
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2007, 09:52:12 AM »
Lighting Skills improving a lot, now i need to teach you some special FX like motion blur and glows. ;)

(And you seriously need a new intrepid model.. lol)

Offline Meteorafallen

• MeteorCreations Founder, UUM Art Director, Renderer, Texturer, Graphical Artist
    • MeteorCreations
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2007, 01:33:52 PM »
LC i don't know if you noticed but thats a CGI Intrepid, thats not a BC port . And if you want me to use your Intrepid you can just ask me y'know LOLXD

Offline Legacy

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 1566
  • Praetor of the empire.
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2007, 02:10:02 PM »
LC i don't know if you noticed but thats a CGI Intrepid, thats not a BC port . And if you want me to use your Intrepid you can just ask me y'know LOLXD

Yes, i noticed, but it isn?t a good one.
I have a CGI model that is awesome, remember me to send you a link one of these days.

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2007, 08:17:47 PM »
LC i don't know if you noticed but thats a CGI Intrepid, thats not a BC port . And if you want me to use your Intrepid you can just ask me ya know LOL XD

Yes, i noticed, but it isn't a good one.
I have a CGI model that is awesome, remember me to send you a link one of these days.

there is a better one? Frig i thought the mode Meteor was using was the best out there.

Offline Meteorafallen

• MeteorCreations
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2007, 08:55:21 PM »
LC i don't know if you noticed but thats a CGI Intrepid, thats not a BC port . And if you want me to use your Intrepid you can just ask me ya know LOL XD

As did i LOL, but i guess ill find out when i get the one LC has.

Yes, i noticed, but it isn't a good one.

there is a better one? Frig i thought the mode Meteor was using was the best out there.

So Did I

Offline Meteorafallen

• MeteorCreations
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2007, 09:21:46 PM »
Here's something to keep your mouths watering for the time being, while i whip up some more pics.

As per Nebula's request i did one of the Selfridge.

Offline Meteorafallen

• MeteorCreations
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2007, 11:48:15 PM »
I thought i would do one of the Acclamator, so here it is. XD

Offline Meteorafallen

• MeteorCreations
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2007, 11:13:58 PM »
Heres my latest creation XD.

Offline M@DM@X

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2007, 02:36:30 AM »
nice work, your renders with the planets in are superb

Offline Meteorafallen

• MeteorCreations
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2007, 02:43:34 PM »
Hey everyone i got some new renders for you all so here ya go. Don't forget opinions and comments are always welcome  :mrgreen:

Oh yea i almost forgot, I am now accepting requests. So if you have a ship you would like rendered here's what ya got to do:

You may choose from any of the backgrounds i have, or you may supply your own.

I have a moderate amount of meshes, but most of them are CGI, if you have a ship from BC that you want me to use it must be converted to 3ds or Max format. ( because i do not know how to convert meshes as of now)

You will need a title for your picture. ( thats kind of a given lol )

Thats not much to ask for, but if you do not know anyone that can convert the mesh contact me via MSN/WLM and i will try to get it converted by someone i know.

-Meteorafallen

P.S. And if you like one of these backgrounds but it doesn't fit right on your desktop as wallpaper, because not many people have displays that support 1920x1080 let me know and i will send you an alternate resolution image. But be forewarned, the angle might not be the exactly the same for i have to reposition the ship when the backgrounds are stretched differently but i will try my best.

Offline Voyager16

• Modding is improving.
  • Cookies: 9
  • KM - Mod Team Member
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2007, 07:16:12 AM »
yay!,  was waiting (A),

they are freaking awesom Meteor!!

Offline Meteorafallen

• MeteorCreations
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2007, 10:13:07 PM »
I'm doing some texture Modifications again to the Archangel , i call it the Post-War Sovereign class.

Offline Meteorafallen

• MeteorCreations
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2007, 09:33:25 PM »
Here's My latest........ Sorry Earth

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2007, 09:38:39 PM »
DAMN 0.0
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Meteorafallen

• MeteorCreations
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2007, 04:27:31 AM »
My art has a new home. It's called MeteorCreations, check it out now! http://www.meteorart.teach-nology.com/

Offline Meteorafallen

• MeteorCreations
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2007, 10:57:17 PM »
As per request of Centurus im posting something that he made

Offline Meteorafallen

• MeteorCreations
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2007, 04:24:08 PM »
Its been a while since ive posted anything new, so heres my latest its entitled 'Homeward Bound'. This also features the Earth that i have created for the 'Star Trek Legacy: Ultimate Universe Mod' it even includes light maps for use on the dark side of the planet. It will be a Ultimate Universe exclusive until after the mod has been released.

Offline Voyager16

• Modding is improving.
  • Cookies: 9
  • KM - Mod Team Member
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2007, 11:04:22 AM »
nice ;  only to bad that the aft section of the ship is not in the pic.

Offline Creative Inc

• Cookies: 11
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2007, 08:10:52 PM »
I know all too well the perks and problems of rendering, as many of you may know. I started out thinking of all the awsome things I could make and I wanted to show them to everybody. The result of doing that gave me essential feedback needed to improve my work over the years. The one thing that is always a constant is the need for good lighting.

You can have a great scene with great models and textures, however, when it comes down to it, it's the lighting that will determine if your image looks great or not. If your scene depicts a light source (star, lightning, artificial light) which would fall upon your models, then you need to generate the lighting to support that. This is really true when rendering against a background instead of a full scene.

If your chosen background image has a light source, then you need to position your lighting to match it. This way, the light in the image look natural and not fake.

Now, for some friendly criticism: I notice that the majority of your images seem to be a little off in their lighting. Some of your renders have a huge light source shown, yet no light from it is hitting your models. This can cause disbelief. I also noticed that there are times that objects in the background image are lit by an off scene source, however, your model is not lit from the same direction.

These are just a few things to keep an eye out for when creating images that require specific lighting. Here's an example of what I mean:

First Image: Notice how the light is not coming from the bright background? a dead give-away of poor lighting.
Second image: I positioned my light almost on top of the bright spot in the image. If you can view your background in a viewport, it makes doing this easier.

Background image is from Deviantart.com