Author Topic: MeteorCreations BCC Gallery ( Updated 8-10-2007 Page 2 )  (Read 5532 times)

Offline Legacy

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 1566
  • Praetor of the empire.
Re: The Art Of Meteorafallen...
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2007, 10:14:01 PM »
I know all too well the perks and problems of rendering, as many of you may know. I started out thinking of all the awsome things I could make and I wanted to show them to everybody. The result of doing that gave me essential feedback needed to improve my work over the years. The one thing that is always a constant is the need for good lighting.

You can have a great scene with great models and textures, however, when it comes down to it, it's the lighting that will determine if your image looks great or not. If your scene depicts a light source (star, lightning, artificial light) which would fall upon your models, then you need to generate the lighting to support that. This is really true when rendering against a background instead of a full scene.

If your chosen background image has a light source, then you need to position your lighting to match it. This way, the light in the image look natural and not fake.

Now, for some friendly criticism: I notice that the majority of your image seem to be a little off in their lighting. Some of your renders have a huge light source shown, yet no light from it is hitting your models. This can cause disbelief. I also noticed that there are times that objects in the background image are lit by an off scene source, however, your model is not lit from the same direction.

These are just a few things to keep an eye out for when creating images that require specific lighting. Here's an example of what I mean:

First Image: Notice how the light is not coming from the bright background? a dead give-away of poor lighting.
Second image: I positioned my light almost on top of the bright spot in the image. If you can view your background in a viewport, it makes doing this easier.

Background image is from Deviantart.com

Loved you explanation on it.
Another idea is to use a HDRI as enviro ;)

Offline M@DM@X

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2007, 03:48:26 AM »
with very slight raytracing on the ships textures :D

RhVaurek

« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2007, 04:05:58 PM »
 those are simply astounding Meteorafallen are you still doing renders? If so perhaps you could render me a the NX Sov with a bg I can give you.

Offline Meteorafallen

• MeteorCreations Founder, UUM Art Director, Renderer, Texturer, Graphical Artist
  • Cookies: 48
  • Founder of MeteorCreations
    • MeteorCreations
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2007, 12:22:56 AM »
hey guys i know i havent been around lately real life has been on my agenda more lately as of right now i do have some new renders but i will post them in a day or so i just thought id let you all know that im still here and breathing, been working on UU still on and off but im still around for the most part see you all around.

-Meteorafallen
Have a look at my website MeteorCreations

Offline Meteorafallen

• MeteorCreations Founder, UUM Art Director, Renderer, Texturer, Graphical Artist
    • MeteorCreations
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2007, 03:29:15 PM »
I know its been a while but im back and here my latest picture, more to come featuring WZ's Mnemosyne class!!

Offline Glenn

• Starfleet Command
  • Cookies: 190
  • Captain - USS Explorer
    • Captain Elgy's Star Trek Files
Re: MeteorCreations BCC Gallery ( Updated 8-10-2007 Page 2 )
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2007, 03:59:10 PM »
Nice sovvie you have there, I've always really liked drydock piccies!!  8)

Good Job!!
  :D

Offline Meteorafallen

• MeteorCreations
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2007, 05:09:53 PM »
Two more for you all XD

Offline Voyager16

• Modding is improving.
  • Cookies: 9
  • KM - Mod Team Member
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2007, 05:11:52 PM »
dont really like the angle of the Sovereign,  but thats just me.

the (titan?)  looks great!!

Offline Meteorafallen

• MeteorCreations
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2007, 05:45:31 PM »
That is actually the USS Transeau ( Named after famous techno artist Brian Transeau otherwise known as BT ) Its my latest and newest retexture, that for right now is Exclusively on the Ultimate Universe Mod.

Offline Meteorafallen

• MeteorCreations
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2007, 01:08:49 AM »
hey everyone long time no see , i havent really been making anything new lately but i will try and get some new stuff to you as soon as i can , real life has been getting the best of me moving back and forth is a real pain and also not having my own internet it makes things even more difficult but ill drop in when i can and ill see you all around

-Meteorafallen