Author Topic: Reskinning crew  (Read 516 times)

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
Reskinning crew
« on: May 11, 2010, 02:07:15 PM »
Jimmy, please move if appropriate

I decided to screw around and re skin the actual bodies of the crew to see how things look, but everything I've tried so far yields almost nothing. can you bridge gurus give me any advice (yes, I've grabbed a couple 0f uniform re skin packs to see how it's set up, but it keeps the default crap)
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
Re: Reskinning crew
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 02:19:24 PM »
ill move this over to the bridge forum...

as far as the crew, are you working off the 3rd era's ef2 crew?  or the stock models?
also, can you possible show a screenshot of how it is turning out when you try?

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 03:13:42 PM »
unless the crew's NIF's are included with BCDSK, I don't think it's default OR third era.  whatever body nif's are with my KM added on, if not changed from stock.

I must be getting somewhere, as the intended target (ol' The Rock XXIII) has changed skins, but to the default (wich is some very tiny colored pixels).  the only thing I CAN'T do is show the skins in progress, as this is a private skinning for use with a couple double sub-genre friends that are also BCers.  everyone else has DONE all the uniforms, so i don't think I can contribute something new and appropriate.

a second Idea I've had is: print the UV's off and hand draw new textures.  but I need some color reccomendations for printing off that won't show through the media I'm using for the hand drawn textures.

PS: i need a couple ideas for the "special" version of Saffi
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 03:33:56 PM »
if any one's reading...I have a preliminary skin complete that would make a good reptillian alien slip-in.  I've done some peeking.  I can't get the Kessok Head to load in max, and the actuall uniform doesn't fit the body model.  note, how do you compile the hand unwraps with the head unwraps?

Note: as I'm writing this, behind the scenes of the Trek Christie's auction is playing on The History Channel.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read