Author Topic: Hobbs's WIP  (Read 40764 times)

Offline hobbs

• Cookies: 77
Re: Hobbs's WIP
« Reply #920 on: October 08, 2017, 05:11:48 PM »
and an update of my new lcars

"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #921 on: October 08, 2017, 06:44:50 PM »
why am I experiencing deja-vu with those LCARS?  I swear I recognise the franchise that kind of design is from.

as for the ship (yeah, I know, WAY overdue)I'm not sure what to think, as I never got a good look at Bajoran design schemes for objects (just interiors), but it still strikes me as going with their design aesthetics.

speaking of, i STILL say the Legacy Minuteman class is literally right up your alley.

and before I forget, tell your son I incorporated his ship design into one of my stories  as the USS Ballpeen!
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline hobbs

« Reply #922 on: October 09, 2017, 06:03:29 AM »
Thanks man, the design isfrom my head (ithink) I dint think im emulating anything.

Im still workingon the bajoran think it might go different direction.

And im sure mason will love his ship in a story... can uou send itme?
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #923 on: October 09, 2017, 08:22:08 AM »
ok so i decided to retexture one of the shuttle bridges (the Venture Scout) with my own take on lcars for my non-trek ships. (hope its ok to do this lurok)

Of course  :thumbsup:.  Be creative  :D

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #924 on: October 09, 2017, 09:52:48 AM »
Hobbs: so far, the story is all in my head, and not written down.  but the gist of the story segment is that, once my character FINALLY has command of a starship for the first time in a CENTURY (TOS era had him shoved into starbase logistics the minute he hit Leutenant), fleet sent three ships worth of Cadets and noobs out to see old fashioned scoutwork.  the Ballpeen was being used as an engineer's trainer, cadet cruise, AND a shakedown for the new model.  the other two were the USS Ti Malice Excelsior Ia, and a really up there in flight hours USS Oberon Miranda II
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline hobbs

« Reply #925 on: October 09, 2017, 02:23:15 PM »
Of course  :thumbsup:.  Be creative  :D

thanks lurok :) i will try

Offline hobbs

« Reply #926 on: November 09, 2017, 08:46:08 PM »
here is an update to my retexture for the Venture scout bridge

aluminium interior

and the center console is done (see if you can read what they say)

Offline Arvis Taljik

• Cookies: 7
  • Supersonicus Ad Infinitum
    • Tides of War: Clone Wars Mod
« Reply #927 on: November 10, 2017, 01:02:44 PM »
Very clean look and modern feel. I like. :)
"Peace: a condition attained through the decisive employment of superior firepower." -Anonymous

Offline hobbs

« Reply #928 on: November 10, 2017, 02:08:22 PM »
Thank you arvis.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #929 on: November 10, 2017, 05:00:49 PM »
cool!  keep it going!  :thumbsup:

Offline hobbs

« Reply #930 on: November 12, 2017, 07:23:28 AM »
cheers jimmy will continue... id love to add stuff to the model too but not sure i have the skill for that or the correct programs.

next ill be looking at putting cargo manifests and cctv onto the next consoles