Author Topic: SP not saving  (Read 890 times)

Offline Mart

• Cookies: 0
SP not saving
« on: May 19, 2010, 12:51:54 AM »
Hi, I've recently reinstalled STBC after making SP neigh unplayable, and have run into a problem. I went through the normal procedures, except this time I'm using BCUT instead of BCMI/MP. I haven't heard of any problems, but now, with only CG Sov installed, I can't save the SP game.

Ugh.

I have:
Installed Patch 1.1
CG Sov (and the SP fix for it)
Foundation Technologies from BCUT

And that's all! I can't believe that foundation would do this... I'm sorry if the answer is on the board, but searching save problems turned up BSOD issues, which I'm not having.

Thanks in advance if you can help me... if you can't... thanks anyhow!

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
Re: SP not saving
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 02:10:33 AM »
When you installed foundation did you do the full install or the basic install? The reason I ask is because the full install includes SubMenu 3.7, which for some reason makes it so that single player won't save.

Offline Mart

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 02:14:24 AM »
When you installed foundation did you do the full install or the basic install? The reason I ask is because the full install includes SubMenu 3.7, which for some reason makes it so that single player won't save.

Yoink! I thought I was losing my mind. At least I won't have much to reinstall. Thanks, Nero.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 07:51:16 AM »
ive never heard that submenu will make it so SP wont save...  then again, i havent played SP in a number of years... 

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 12:50:23 PM »
ive never heard that submenu will make it so SP wont save...  then again, i havent played SP in a number of years... 
I found out when I was modding an install to be compatible with SP. I replaced a number of ships and installed submenu to keep everything organized, then realized the game wasn't saving. By process of elimination I traced the problem to submenu. It pissed me off because I'm pretty anal with keeping my menu's organized.