Author Topic: 3ds Max 2011  (Read 798 times)

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
3ds Max 2011
« on: May 26, 2010, 03:17:19 AM »
I've been experimenting with the trial, and I'm disappointed in it's inherited stability flaws as seen in all Max versions that I have used to date... as has happened all bloody night and almost every time I've used the damn thing, their new "slate" material editor, while a great idea, still persists to crash after a short while of use, therefor forcing me to go back to the autoback files and try creating and applying materials again... I could use the standard material editor, but I really do like Slate... it's a cool idea...

anyone else having these problems?

Offline limey BSc.

• JL Studios - Co-Founder
  • Cookies: 421
  • JL Studios - Co-Founder
Re: 3ds Max 2011
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 03:54:48 AM »
Max has only really crashed for me when I do something stupid, like adding a level 20 meshsmooth to an already high poly mesh. Though I've yet to use slate for very long.
MUSE!!!

Offline Vladko1

• Cookies: 72
  • The trekkie of steel
    • Modders of Steel Shipyards Homepage!
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 04:15:46 AM »
As I promised to come by on time here. Hmm, I think 3ds max 2011 is good mostly for rendering. For the other things Im using 2010 (or Ive used, Ive deleted them, because of my phychical state). 2011 is a real ugly 3ds max, but on the other hand it has D3D10 rendering, the rendering process is much more stable than on the 2010 and much more beautiful are looking the effects and everything in the render. Its much faster. The thing which dissapointed me is the QuickSilver render. Its good that the gpu renders, but the render really sucks. Except geometry without any effects, I havent rendered nothing else. On complex scenes, the Quicksilver crashes, or only renders black screen :(

Offline BES

• Cookies: 5
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 10:52:36 AM »
Im still using 3Ds Max 9 with all the service packs.. it still can do HD quality stuff..3Ds Max 9 seems quite stable.. I dont think ill switch any time soon...its not like I have the money to buy a new version anyway..

Im also using Truespace 7.6

And a few others like 3D world studio ..etc..