Author Topic: Core Gold - BPCore v2  (Read 14333 times)

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
Re: Core Gold - BPCore v2
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2007, 03:22:02 PM »
The functions which were supposed to be triggered by that event were not being triggered and thus there was no menu. If I make sure it loads a bit later then it works.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2007, 03:25:07 PM »
The functions which were supposed to be triggered by that event were not being triggered and thus there was no menu. If I make sure it loads a bit later then it works.
The thing is, I'm not using that particular event (I think I should tough).
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline FekLeyr Targ

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 537
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2007, 11:19:17 AM »
It's cool, but it has the same bug like the Nebula bridge 3: Then NanoFX is off and a custom bridge is in use, the the 5 Crewmates aren't in the right position and sometimes in the Air. I've checked the Console and nothing serious.
TaH pagh, Tah be.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2007, 11:24:54 AM »
It's cool, but it has the same bug like the Nebula bridge 3: Then NanoFX is off and a custom bridge is in use, the the 5 Crewmates aren't in the right position and sometimes in the Air. I've checked the Console and nothing serious.
I suppose you mean "When NanoFX is off" instead of "Then NanoFX is off"?

Is this Nebula bridge 3 a non 3E bridge? Or is the the normal 3E bridge?

To tell you the truth, BP Core is built around the fix for floating crew.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1797
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2007, 03:58:01 PM »

anyone else having the floating crew problem?

Offline LJ

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 1139
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2007, 04:14:52 PM »
I did - then re-enabled the bridge plugin in the UMM which fixed it.  is it on?

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2007, 04:32:40 PM »
i didnt have any issues of floating crew...

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2007, 05:21:23 PM »
LJ, could you take a look?

The only thing changed from before (from the testing part) is a change from if test == 0 to if not test, of which the latter should be better (semanticly).

Offline LJ

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 1139
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2007, 05:48:52 PM »
yea sure thing :)

Offline FekLeyr Targ

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 537
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2007, 06:25:44 AM »
I mean the Nebula bridge v3 (low res) by 3rd era.
I've also enabled BPC but with disabled NFX the crew is still floating in the custom bridges.
Will the BCPG features also be available for the non 3e bridges (like the bridge of Kruge's BOP)?
TaH pagh, Tah be.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2007, 06:32:10 AM »
BP stands for Bridge Plugin, since all bridges uses a bridge plugin to make themselves know to BC any bridge can use BPCore features (and addons).

The Kruge Bridge predates the BPCore so it currently does not make use of it's features. But it only requires changes to it's plugin to start making use of it (ignoring the art side for now).

A problem like this (come to mention it) also occured some time ago, before any public release (say, more than a year ago, maybe even 2 years). It was fixed then. So why doesn't it work now?

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2007, 06:37:46 AM »
if it only occurs when you turn off nanofx2, that sounds like some kind of dependancy on NFX

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2007, 06:40:23 AM »
if it only occurs when you turn off nanofx2, that sounds like some kind of dependancy on NFX
Which happend before.
A long, long time ago.

bsilver2988

« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2007, 11:56:37 PM »
hey mark, just out of curiosity, is it going to be a while until this final module for the Core Gold is finished, cause i'm wondering when we'll finally be able to put my galaxy update on BCFiles

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2007, 09:52:57 AM »
your Galaxy Update is already on BCFiles...  for now, people wont be able to have its MVAM maps; but once the Core is up and they install it, then they will have the MVAM maps...

bsilver2988

« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2007, 10:51:40 PM »
no its not up there..its not on the new updates list

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2007, 08:07:16 AM »
hmm...  i thought it was up there...

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2007, 08:19:28 AM »
its posted but its hidden from the front page, and it will be ready when its ready.

Offline crazyhid

• Cookies: 1
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2007, 09:54:28 AM »
i cant beleive u got the creen to go static, when i first seen it i was like Blowin away, its amazing, so i just thought id post a screenie with it happening, Oh also i  had nano turned off, hence the wrong crew postions, But it was the only was to get my other mod with the bridge fx workin. again AMAZING :D

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2007, 12:03:32 PM »
can someone with the "no nanofx = mid air crew" bug post a console report, i cant replicate the problem.