Author Topic: BC crash after installing Foundation  (Read 591 times)

Offline g051051

• Cookies: 0
BC crash after installing Foundation
« on: June 27, 2010, 10:54:19 AM »
Edit: Apologies, I didn't realize that my original post had been moved out of the thread I put it into (it was an old thread, but the subject seemed to match my problem.)  I'll stop editing stuff, and thanks to whoever was trying to fix that for me.

I'm running into a problem.  I've installed BC, the 1.1 patch, BCUT 1.7.5, then Foundation 2008 (from inside BCUT.)  I'm using Windows XP Pro SP3.  I get a Mutators entry under Configure, but when I enable Foundation Technologies, BC crashes out to the desktop when I start a new game.  If I deselect Foundation Technologies, it starts fine.  Has anyone else seen this?

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
Re: Installing Foundation From BCUT Crashes STBC?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 11:23:16 AM »
did you install FTech itself? http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/FTech_Foundation_Technologies_;84343
what mods have you installed other than what you listed?

Offline g051051

Re: BC crash after installing Foundation
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 12:09:14 PM »
I installed (in the following order):

BC
BC 1.1 patch
BCUT 1.7.5
Foundation 2008 (from inside BCUT)

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 12:37:53 PM »
you mentioned that you were getting a CTD when having the FTech mutator on...
did you install FTech?  because BC's Foundation is a separate thing from FTech, which is Foundation Technologies...
you havent installed FTech, try installing that and then see if you get the CTD again...

Offline g051051

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 12:46:35 PM »
I'm new to BC addons, so I'm not sure how things normally work.  Why would the Foundation Technologies Mutator show up if it isn't installed?

When I look in my BC installation directory, I see a folder for "Foundation 2008 Docs".  Inside are several files, including "FoundationTechReadme" in various formats.  In addition, my scripts directory has several Foundation scripts, including FoundationTech.py(c).  That all leads me to believe it is installed.

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 01:19:49 PM »
hmmm it does sound like it is there...
try reinstalling it anyway, just to see if there is any change...

if the problem still is there, then please post your issue over at BCUT's forum here:
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?board=69.0

Offline g051051

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 01:35:31 PM »
I've been uninstalling and reinstalling different things, stripping down to the minimum, etc.  This is the smallest config that crashes on me.  I've installed Foundation 2008 by hand and still had the same problem as with the BCUT install, so I don't think it's related.  I'm just having a hard time figuring out what could be causing a CTD just by enabling some extra Python code.

I was orignially trying to load up with Foundation, NanoFX2, and DS9FX_Xtended.  I had quite a few problems, and kept taking things out until it worked.  The smallest footprint that causes the crash is BC, 1.1 patch, and Foundation 2008.  Again, just toggling Foundation Technologies off in the Mutators list causes the game to work fine.

Offline deadthunder2_0

• Cookies: 39
  • Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel
    • Modders of Steel Home page
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 11:29:51 PM »
Try KM, it might get something to work, but will kill single-player campaign
Support the Post TNG Ship Pack

Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel,
We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel