Author Topic: help......again....  (Read 475 times)

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
help......again....
« on: July 09, 2010, 03:02:44 AM »
quick question, does anyone know how to add specific animation into a bridge E.G. the red alert lights?
excuse me for asking an old question but once i get my copy of max working again there will be a new bridge on the scene.

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
Re: help......again....
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 09:43:49 AM »
The method I've used to get red alert states is the map-swapping feature inbuilt into BPCore.   In the bridge scripts in Custom/Autoload,  find a bridge that has map-swapping (Bones' TMPMiranda is a good example, but there are several others) and then copy that template to your new bridge script.   Like all things bridge,  it's a long tedious process, but trial, error and experimenting is the only way to learn.  Good luck  :)

If you're talking about animated lights (ie, flashing or pulsing lights), you could try adjusting your textures so they give that effect. 

Offline flarespire

• God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 10:41:45 AM »
thx for the help lurok, hopefully ill have a nova class bridge built, but not for along time, so if you make the nova bridge before me be sure to send me the link ASAP ok/

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 11:25:40 AM »
I think you'll get a lot of fans if you manage to complete a Nova bridge  :)   It's way down my list of priorities so don't worry.  Just FYI,  they're making one over at Excalibur.  You might want to have a look at their WIP pic on Facebook site.

Offline flarespire

• God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 12:23:52 PM »
yeah, but it could be a whil, id love to make it with you, i can do pretty decent trexture(as you may have seen in my excalibur bridge retexture) so if you can do base textures i can do the rest (eg you make templates of the textures and i do my magic with my lcars and were good) i mean im pretty decent at doing textures once they have been mapped out in a base outline for me.
what do ya think? up to it if you get the chance.