Author Topic: New bridge uploads  (Read 1423 times)

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
New bridge uploads
« on: July 09, 2010, 09:47:25 AM »
Just to let folks know have started rolling out bridges to BCF (finally  :facepalm:).  Figured they'd been sitting around long enough...and there's no point having bridges no one can use  :doh:.

Have taken on board beta feedback, so v1.0 bridges should have suggested changes and fixes,  hopefully better lightmaps/textures where appropriate and animated lcars and red alert states.  I'm sure can all be improved so any further feedback/suggestions can be applied to v2.0 releases.

First out is the Rotarran, with the PDW-NX and Warbird to follow...

Offline metalnick

• Cookies: 13
Re: New bridge uploads
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 09:50:34 AM »
Just Dl'ed the Rotarran. Excellent work man and its really nice to have a Klingon bridge to goof around in. Cookie for you.  :thumbsup:
Nothing Is True. Everything Is Permitted....

Offline Biggins

• Cookies: 2
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 09:52:56 AM »
the Rotarran is fantastic, very nice looking. And it defiitely adds to the Klingon atmosphere!
"You treat her like a lady, and she'll always bring you home."

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 10:18:05 AM »
there's a minor light leak on one of the back consoles I saw, other than that...
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 01:00:05 PM »
I'm having a weird issue wih the Rotarran bridge. I seem to be spawning in the floor, just infront of the captains chair.

Also, its a little too dark. It's very hard to see where anything is on the bridge. But the model and textures (the ones that I could see in the darkness) are brilliant.
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 01:08:59 PM »
I'm having a weird issue wih the Rotarran bridge. I seem to be spawning in the floor, just infront of the captains chair.
lol poor billz - with all the headaches BC gives ya, im surprised you dont drink heavily every day and pull your hair out...  my heart goes out to ya buddy, you just cant seem to get a break :P j/k

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 01:33:32 PM »
lol poor billz - with all the headaches BC gives ya, im surprised you dont drink heavily every day and pull your hair out...  my heart goes out to ya buddy, you just cant seem to get a break :P j/k

Seems like the TechnoGod has always hated me. :(

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 02:40:50 PM »
Glad the Rotarran's out, although the viewscreen is still not aligned properly - might be something to consider for a future update?

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 03:16:56 PM »
Glad the Rotarran's out, although the viewscreen is still not aligned properly - might be something to consider for a future update?

Nero, you are such a perfectionist  :hide   :).   I'm sure at some point there'll have to be a 2.0 of all these bridges as people get to fully utilize them in-game, and newer/better lcars and textures become available.  I'll put that on list.

Sorry to hear of prob, Billz, and quite honestly don't know what to suggest  :(.   Maybe others might have suggestions.

And just wanted to say, while thanking all here,  I needed to start getting these out as expecting to go off the scene soon for another six months+ (for work)  so didn't want them sitting around not being used.   

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 03:18:11 PM »
I'm really not trying to discourage you as I love new bridges, but there does seem to be a minor issue with the NX PDW bridge.

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 03:22:40 PM »
I'm really not trying to discourage you as I love new bridges, but there does seem to be a minor issue with the NX PDW bridge.

did you read the readme?   I did say there was a bug with transparent screens.    Jeez,  if I'm going to get this nit-picking and people not reading readme's   I am going to give up now  :mad:

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 03:33:41 PM »
Nero, you are such a perfectionist  :hide   :).
I can be lol - although on a serious note I hope I didn't come off as nitpicky, sorry if I did :)

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2010, 03:45:53 PM »
did you read the readme?   I did say there was a bug with transparent screens.    Jeez,  if I'm going to get this nit-picking and people not reading readme's   I am going to give up now  :mad:

I didn't read it. That is my own stupidity and I am sorry. I'd hate for you to quit because of me.  :(

Offline Locke

• Cookies: 36
  • Cannot find REALITY.SYS - Universe Halted
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2010, 10:50:35 AM »
Oh, man!  I'm aching to get the new NX bridge in-game!  But every time I try to download (going on two days, now) I can't get it. :hithead:  I wind up at the Filefront download page but it won't give me the "Save File" screen, and the gray "View More Files for This Game" button doesn't show up either.  This can't be an issue with Filefront, as it seems everyone else is getting through. :idk:  I don't suppose there's a way someone can upload this to 4shared or rapidshare or another one of those?  (Please? :help:)

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2010, 12:29:06 PM »
i had no troubles downloading it...
i put it on sendspace for ya...  :)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/riuuit

Offline Locke

• Cookies: 36
  • Cannot find REALITY.SYS - Universe Halted
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2010, 03:17:05 PM »
Thank you, sir! :bow:  This should be the perfect bridge to go zipping around in my Sentinel with!

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2010, 02:21:23 PM »
I'll try and get at least one of the shuttle bridges up before I have to leave.  But I fear the TWOK bridge. Runabout and others may have to wait a while yet...

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2010, 04:25:52 PM »
leave?

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2010, 04:47:12 PM »
yes, read back a few posts...

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2010, 05:30:24 PM »
aww crap 6 months plus??!!!
well if you get time off you'll check beack here at let us know how things are going now and then right lurok?
and is the 3d program metasequoia a good thing to use to edit nifs then get them convertedbecause 3ds max bomber out on me and if its possible then i might be able to start my nova bridge now.