Author Topic: Vladko1's WIPs, JJ Yorktown Refit and JJ Proxima  (Read 4905 times)

Offline Vladko1

• Cookies: 72
  • The trekkie of steel
    • Modders of Steel Shipyards Homepage!
Re: Vladko1's WIPs, JJ Yorktown Refit and JJ Proxima
« Reply #60 on: December 25, 2011, 06:53:52 AM »
I've tested and the jj proxima, but the ship has some displaying issues. I have to make some magic tricks to detach any part and then I think the ship will work. It is normal to have issues like these. It is around 90 000 polies (around 3,2MB nif).

Offline Phoenix Bondi

• REMEMBER YOUR ORIGIN
  • Cookies: 575
  • Never Forget Your Origins
    • CHRIS JONES GAMING
« Reply #61 on: December 25, 2011, 07:55:37 AM »
u shouldnt be going over 20,000 polys really dude
FAR to big!

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #62 on: December 25, 2011, 08:47:48 AM »
don't mind him, he's a tech geek, and has his comp overtuffed :P
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline deadthunder2_0

• Cookies: 39
  • Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel
    • Modders of Steel Home page
« Reply #63 on: December 25, 2011, 11:12:23 AM »
u shouldnt be going over 20,000 polys really dude
FAR to big!
Have you seen all the other posts in this thread by me that tell him the poly count is super high.
Support the Post TNG Ship Pack

Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel,
We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #64 on: December 25, 2011, 05:40:10 PM »
we couldn't talk him out of it *rolls eyes*.  that's not a pattern either, that's 50-70k polies worth of hull

Holy hell!!! And (to be frank), it doesn't even look that good. Model would look alot better with LESS polies, and a more subtle "hull paneling" pattern.

I've tested and the jj proxima, but the ship has some displaying issues. I have to make some magic tricks to detach any part and then I think the ship will work. It is normal to have issues like these. It is around 90 000 polies (around 3,2MB nif).

Look at WC's Galaxy model... At a "fraction" of the total polycount you are using, he has achieved a model that looks (in my opinion), far superior. Consider remodelling from scratch, at a considerably lower polycount. You'll see, the results will be alot better.
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Vladko1

• Cookies: 72
  • The trekkie of steel
    • Modders of Steel Shipyards Homepage!
« Reply #65 on: December 25, 2011, 05:58:14 PM »
I've modeled these ships to use mesh except of textures. My first intetions were not to be used in Bridge Commander, and that is why they will not be released(not quite sure) + the thing that nobody likes them. They will remain only for rendering and training purposes.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #66 on: December 25, 2011, 07:30:01 PM »
If these ships are never intended for release in Bridge Commander, should this topic not be moved to the "Art" section, and not specifically "BC Modding" ? Just curious...
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #67 on: December 25, 2011, 08:12:11 PM »
If these ships are never intended for release in Bridge Commander, should this topic not be moved to the "Art" section, and not specifically "BC Modding" ? Just curious...

*cough* yes *cough*
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric