Author Topic: STO is full of shoppers and haxors!!!11!!!1  (Read 2169 times)

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
STO is full of shoppers and haxors!!!11!!!1
« on: July 11, 2010, 02:08:03 PM »

That's right, I believe the NX-91001 image here was shopped from a pic of the good old NCC-1701-E.

Offline Lionus

• Cookies: 79
Re: NX-91001: Shopped?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 02:59:24 PM »

hm.. I think I have to add something to my sig.. Something about "graphical smart-ass"..
Star Trek Quad-nacelle fanboy Extraordinaire

StarFleet Research and Development Crash Test Dummie/Test pilot

"Beyond the rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me."

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 05:46:02 PM »
Way late there buddy, people noticed this a year ago. Sorry, lol

Offline FarShot

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 06:16:18 PM »
I was bored.  Bored people bring up stupid things.  Kinda was hoping for a bit more action I suppose.  We need a general "screw off" thread.

Offline Side 3

• Cookies: 1
  • All glory to the Haruhi-toad!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 06:21:22 PM »
Of course it was photoshopped, it was concept art for their flagship, why go to the effort to rebuild something when it's right there anyway?

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 02:30:59 AM »
ITT: We remember why Cryptic shouldn't be allowed to make games.

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 11:58:52 AM »
ITT: We remember why Cryptic shouldn't be allowed to make games.

What? Star Trek Online is great.

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 12:36:08 PM »
What? Star Trek Online is great.

Ah, but Villain (evil laugh) doesn't share that opinion. :P
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 01:08:06 PM »
Prime Villain is absolutely right...

Offline deadthunder2_0

• Cookies: 39
  • Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel
    • Modders of Steel Home page
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2010, 12:40:22 AM »
i second that
Support the Post TNG Ship Pack

Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel,
We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2010, 02:54:36 AM »
I third that :dance

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2010, 10:18:57 AM »
which is why Excal will be great - it is made by fans who know what fans want (and what it is like to be a fan of a crappy game lol); not like every other trek game that is spit out by some company that prolly has no fans of trek working on the game meant only for profit...

Offline Villain

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2010, 10:36:07 AM »
which is why Excal will be great - it is made by fans who know what fans want (and what it is like to be a fan of a crappy game lol); not like every other trek game that is spit out by some company that prolly has no fans of trek working on the game meant only for profit...

Right on! Stick it to the man!

---
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline deadthunder2_0

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2010, 11:46:46 PM »
hell yeah also can this thread name be changed to STO Bashing?

We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline FarShot

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2010, 11:57:37 PM »
hell yeah also can this thread name be changed to STO Bashing?

I *sort of* granted your wish...

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
Re: STO is full of shoppers and haxors!!!11!!!1
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2010, 03:35:34 AM »
I haven't played STO so I can't really judge it fairly, but based on what I've heard its just OK, and for me, if I'm going to pull $200+ out of my pocket for a game it needs to be more than just OK - it needs to be f***in phenomenal.

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2010, 09:22:13 AM »
for me, if I'm going to pull $200+ out of my pocket for a game it needs to be more than just OK - it needs to be f***in phenomenal.
i couldnt agree more...  if it was like a "10-Year Anniversary Bridge Commander v3.0" or whatever, something that i knew i would love at least like 95% of it, then id shell out that kind of cash...
but even the previews and early pre-release screenshots, i knew then i wouldnt be buying it...  i was really disappointed because i really wanted to dig it, but it just looked kinda stupid to me, and the first bridge set shot i saw, i liked the whole thing even less...  if it were like $19.95 at Walmart, maybe id give it aa shot and play it for like a week before putting it down and letting it collect dust lol

i came very close to buying Legacy when it first came out, i thought that would be a popular community and it seems at first modders from BC tried their hand at ST-L...  but soon enough everyone started to realize that ST-L kinda sucked lol  the only thing preventing me from buying ST-L at first was a crappy computer lol
but now that i have more than enough of a system to hande it, i dont think ill be buying that either...
guess ill just stick to BC, the occasional EF1+2 (which i play maybe twice a year to run through the SP campaign lol) and ST-E whenever that is finished...

Offline AdmiralKathryn

• Cookies: 4
  • Starfleet Captain
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2010, 09:40:57 AM »
i couldnt agree more...  if it was like a "10-Year Anniversary Bridge Commander v3.0" or whatever, something that i knew i would love at least like 95% of it, then id shell out that kind of cash...
but even the previews and early pre-release screenshots, i knew then i wouldnt be buying it...  i was really disappointed because i really wanted to dig it, but it just looked kinda stupid to me, and the first bridge set shot i saw, i liked the whole thing even less...  if it were like $19.95 at Walmart, maybe id give it aa shot and play it for like a week before putting it down and letting it collect dust lol

i came very close to buying Legacy when it first came out, i thought that would be a popular community and it seems at first modders from BC tried their hand at ST-L...  but soon enough everyone started to realize that ST-L kinda sucked lol  the only thing preventing me from buying ST-L at first was a crappy computer lol
but now that i have more than enough of a system to hande it, i dont think ill be buying that either...
guess ill just stick to BC, the occasional EF1+2 (which i play maybe twice a year to run through the SP campaign lol) and ST-E whenever that is finished...

Exactly the same here! I like EF1 and the RPG-X mod for the brilliant things they have been able to achieve, although the engine is showing its age a bit now. Bridge Commander is also brilliant but what I want is a Star Trek game that gives a combination of both, which Excalibur looks set to accomplish.

Why do these companies (e.g. Cryptic) not realise that there are hundreds of thousands of ST fans and if they spent just a bit more time perfecting/adding features that the fans would like, they would have a much more successful cash generator on their hands?

I like STO but the price for the content is a little too much. After the initial excitement has worn off, it's just another point and click game.

Offline Villain

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2010, 11:45:29 AM »
Simple. Trekkies weren't the target audience, casual gamers were. Lets face it, we're not that big an influence in the gaming community. The broader the audience you appeal to, the more likely you are to succeed, Cryptic just have a problem of trying to appeal to too many, which ... Well....

I don't want to say I told you all so a long, long time ago, but...  :P

---

Offline deadthunder2_0

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2010, 12:53:01 PM »
And just to think, all of the newer games graphics suck. Legacy used P81 ships, Sto uses low poly sections. i would rather build all combination of ships for BC than buy sto to try it.