Author Topic: Bridge Size idea  (Read 1748 times)

Offline yochenhsieh

• Cookies: 2
    • SFC3: Rebalance Expansion
Bridge Size idea
« on: February 01, 2007, 12:28:39 AM »
Hello,
I've played the Nebula bridge v3 and found it feeling more wider and larger than previous version. I think it's possibly due to the helm and tactical console are scaled smaller, so relatively there're more space and room on the bridge. I'm wondering if it's possible that you can make the Ambassador bridge "wider" so that it feels you're in command of a big ship. The current version of Ambassador bridge (both Yamaguchi and Enterprise-C) seems a little too narrow... Of course, this is not request. But if you have some spare time you might want to try it... just some idea... :)

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1797
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
Re: Bridge Size idea
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 07:14:46 AM »
the bridge is based on the enterprise C bridge we saw in "yesterdays enterprise", the enterprise C variant is very canon to that episode. As for the TNG refit we did widen it slightly, however since its only a refit we cant go rediculous on the proportions.

So no it shouldnt be wider, and no we wont make it wider.

Sorry

Offline yochenhsieh

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 11:04:43 AM »
Please don't make your decision so quickly...

Offline Legacy

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 1566
  • Praetor of the empire.
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 11:26:15 AM »
Please don't make your decision so quickly...

It?s not the decision that is quick.. it?s the ammount of work needed to make the room bigger (redo all the animations)
I don?t think we will have spare time to it up to fall 2008..

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 01:27:13 PM »
and additionally im more then happy with the ambassador bridges - I happen to think theyre the best we have done..

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 03:16:28 PM »
i agree...   

Offline Phaser

• Star Trek Canon Authority
  • Cookies: 231
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2007, 10:01:32 PM »
You do have to admire his attention to detail, though.   :)

Offline yochenhsieh

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2007, 09:43:00 PM »
Actually the proportions of current Ambassador bridges is not very canon to "Yesterday's Enterprise". Since both bridges are not canon at all, there's no "going rediculous" if you adjust the width and space of them.

Also, there're no extra crews on the Enterprise-C bridge, and only two on the Yamaguchi bridge. The animations of staff crew should not need to be remade. I don't think that you need to redo all animations.

The Ambassador bridges are one of the least voted items in current BCfiles poll, along with Mirada and Galor bridge. It still has a lot potentials to be better. (No, I haven't vote yet.)

Anyway, you are the bridge developers, and you have the right to decide what to do... or do nothing. I just propose my ideas. I still thank all of you for the great work you have done during these years. :)

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 05:26:21 AM »
thanks, locked.