Author Topic: TOS uss Beagle  (Read 675 times)

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
TOS uss Beagle
« on: August 06, 2010, 04:07:05 PM »
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline sspenning

• Cookies: 0
Re: TOS uss Beagle
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 12:59:02 AM »
<sarcasm> Yes, thank you Starfleet R&D! Inspired work! How did you ever come up with that design? </sarcasm>

This design was actually my own, published on SciFi-Meshes some time ago. A user named enforcerknights asked my permission to adapt the Beagle to Bridge Commander, with design credits going to myself. I don't know if Starfleet R&D is related to the enforcerknights user but there is absolutely no doubt that this is my ship.

I have a few videos I posted to YouTube (dated a year before this model was published) that should lend some credibility to my claim.

I do not want to see the mesh removed, especially considering those who have enjoyed it, but I would like to see proper citation provided.

And for the record, she was christened the Beagle to honor the HMS Beagle. This was the ship on which Charles Darwin started collecting the observations that would ultimately lead him to publish "On the Origin of Species"

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 02:47:42 PM »
 :banghead: :banghead: :hithead:  Apologize, just overlooked [wasnt told, easily forgot be other guy]
I await your reply to letter sent, just put you in as designer NP, again do Apologize for our Oversight.
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.

Offline sspenning

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 03:11:39 PM »
The addition of the design credit is great.  Sorry if I came across poorly.  I'm sure you can imagine how unsettling it would be to find that your work has been creeping around the Internet without your knowledge and with citation crediting someone else for the design.

Thank you very much for your understanding and for your assistance.

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 03:19:54 PM »
Welcome to the BC community. :dance  :yay:  the BCfiles site has been corrected.
TiqHud

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 03:30:27 PM »
It's great that this could be resolved so quickly after being noticed. But issues such as these should never happen in the first place. Credits should always be setup appropriately before being made public. Far too often, people take credit for things they haven't done themselves.
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 12:00:40 AM »
It's great that this could be resolved so quickly after being noticed. But issues such as these should never happen in the first place. Credits should always be setup appropriately before being made public. Far too often, people take credit for things they haven't done themselves.

While I agree with your sentiments entirely, things like this should never happen, Tiq is an experienced modder here (You know this)...and as far as I can tell, this is the first time I've seen this happen to him and SFRD.  And it's not like this was done on purpose, as it was taken care of quickly, and we've all overlooked one or two things in the past, even I have (more than I like...especially recently).  I doubt this will happen again!  I say lessons learned.  I'm not trying to rain in on anyones parade, or be an ass, please don't take this as such.  Just a careful observation.  Carry on!
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 01:22:27 AM »
Oh i'm not faulting Tiq at all. Mistakes do happen. But it's always best to try and obtain all proper permissions, regardless of who the people involved in the mod are :)
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera