Author Topic: expansion  (Read 388 times)

Offline cmaddox32

• Cookies: 1
expansion
« on: August 19, 2010, 04:25:01 PM »
Is anyone out there interested in seeing new ships that can actually be walked through? You know, see the ready room or engineering or ten forward. Just a thought. Cause I'd be willing to do some modeling if anyone knows how to do the scripting.

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
Re: expansion
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 04:35:09 PM »
Hello, welcome to BCC. :)

Unfortunately, we must disappoint you in regards to your idea. BC's engine is too old to handle something as intensive as a ship interior. However, there is a light at the end of the tunnel with the fan-made game (created by people who started off in BC) ST: Excalibur, which is to provide ship interiors. A link for ST:E is at the bottom of the homepage.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Locke

• Cookies: 36
  • Cannot find REALITY.SYS - Universe Halted
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 01:38:24 PM »
The creation of a bridge mesh is straightforward: you build it as you would any other part of a game.  The trouble comes when trying to do animations and other such stuff that are required by the game engine.  You could spend a week building an ingenious Ten Forward and hallways and such, but you would be boned when it came to placing the characters in the game.  Take a look at the dedicated forum lower down in the list for bridges.

Oh, and +Cookie for a new guy!

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 02:02:20 PM »
Yeah, the guys who are working on Excal are a bunch of those who were working on what you're saying. From what I remember they got fed up trying to work around BC and figured they'd show the devs who get paid to make stuff how it's done. Sure, a release is far on the horizon, but it'll be there.

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.