Author Topic: Modding Problem  (Read 688 times)

Offline AdmiralSherwood

• Cookies: 0
Modding Problem
« on: August 21, 2010, 04:09:30 PM »
Hiya i change textures on a galaxy class model and then ceated the harpoints, plugins, etc for it but everytime i put it in game it either craches the game or shuts the game down. i was wondering if anyone can test it and see if wot the problem cud be.

Download Here --- http://cid-2c761c88a5ff1af8.office.live.com/self.aspx/Star%20Trek%20Mods/Bridge%20Commander/USS%20Venture.7z

[[[the scripts are in complete as i test the mod first to ensure certain parts do work.]]]

Will welcome any replies and comments...

thanks

Admiral Sherwood

Offline MarkyD

• Cookies: 627
  • "A mesh comes together!"
Re: Modding Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 04:27:21 PM »
Hi mate,

I think you need to break it  down a bit first into stages, what you did in certain areas etc.. your in the right place though these guys know allot   :thumbsup:

Good luck

Offline AdmiralSherwood

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 04:39:31 PM »
thanks like

all ive done so far is add torps, phaser, shields, you know the basic armaments and defenses for a ship plus the textures and the in ship plugin. but with all the mods ive downloaded have worked.

the model for the galaxy is from Aces High's USS Beliskner Galaxy class war refit and the then the textures are just from multiple mods but the hardpoint is similar the War Galaxy and yet mine mod doesnt work.

tell u the true i av modded for bc for ages and av forgotten most of the modeling stuff for 3ds and creating textures as well so now im back to the basics.

thanks Markyd

Offline MarkyD

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 04:43:45 PM »
OK, mate,

I Know zero about Modding, i just build the ships.. but can you tell us what software your using and i am sure after you do some one will pipe in and point you in the right direction ; :thumbsup:

i.e what your using to load the mesh , then what ur using on concersion etc??

cheers  :)

Offline AdmiralSherwood

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 04:52:54 PM »
for the hardpoints im using the model property editor just for the location of phasers etc, then i use notepad++ for the main part for adding the max damage, etc as im used lookin at scripts and tinkering with them, so.

so any help with this problem will be appreciated.

thanks

ps mark cud u attempt building this ship [images] or if anyone who has a greater modeling knowledge then me   

thanks

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 04:56:38 PM »
try deleting the space between Uss and Venture in scripts/ships/UssVenture
Code: [Select]
"Name": "USS Venture",
as well as in the hardpoint
USSVenture = App.ShipProperty_Create("USS Venture")and
prop = App.g_kModelPropertyManager.FindByName("USS Venture", App.TGModelPropertyManager.LOCAL_TEMPLATES)
see if that does anything...  

Offline MarkyD

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 04:58:06 PM »
I think your detailed info will allow these guys to fix ur issue or at least help you, so expect an answer to your issue soon.

As per your model, BC Central as a commuinty does not allow requests, (its in the rules) thats to say you can not ask another modeler to make summat for you ;)

Good luck with ur issue  :)

Offline AdmiralSherwood

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2010, 05:01:53 PM »
cheers jimmy ill try that n sry mark forgot about the rules for a moment just this model is frustrating me as all the tuts i seen are either incomplete or too fast.

thanks again

Offline teleguy

• Cookies: 53
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2010, 05:14:11 PM »
try deleting the space between Uss and Venture in scripts/ships/UssVenture
"Name": "USS Venture",
as well as in the hardpoint
USSVenture = App.ShipProperty_Create("USS Venture")and
prop = App.g_kModelPropertyManager.FindByName("USS Venture", App.TGModelPropertyManager.LOCAL_TEMPLATES)
see if that does anything...  

Spaces schould be fine as long as they're in quotation marks.

Edit: Torpedo script should be Tactical.Projectiles.MarkXXV_Photon not Tactical.Projectiles.Federation.MarkXXV_Photon .

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
  • Cookies: 28
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2010, 05:34:09 PM »
As per your model, BC Central as a commuinty does not allow requests, (its in the rules) thats to say you can not ask another modeler to make summat for you ;)

Really? I didn't realise that that was an actual rule. I thought that modders just didn't generally do requests. xD

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2010, 05:42:34 PM »
Its an unwritten rule Vortex. The general explanation given being that the modders are too busy on their own projects or reality to do requests.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2010, 06:31:33 PM »
Also , in your reHPing, consider USEing MPE for the Big majority of your work, in Notepad it is Just To Easy to make an error that can cause a ship not to load or even cause a crash [booooom]
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
  • Cookies: 28
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2010, 07:41:35 PM »
Its an unwritten rule Vortex. The general explanation given being that the modders are too busy on their own projects or reality to do requests.

I knew that but I didn't realise that it was a 'rule' as such.

Offline AdmiralSherwood

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2010, 03:40:17 AM »
thanks for the advice guys but it still doesnt work and i redo the hp in mpe

thanks

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2010, 07:31:20 AM »
are you getting any console report?
if not, try using MLeo's Console Logger...